Become a Patron!

ULTEX T80 / CUBIS Max by Joyetech

glizz

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The ULTEX T80 with Cubis Max

1IMG_7040 (2).JPG
How gorgeous is this?!?!!! A regulated vape pen!!!
And talk about innovation ,with Joyetech's unique new concept of a
NCFilm*TM heater for a coil-less design

2IMG_6968.JPG

You get all the standard stuff….
Your warranty card and instruction leaflets
Quick Charge usb cable
Spare glass
little blue screwdriver
Spare o-rings
Several pre-cut cotton pads
AND
The ULTEX T80 (battery NOT included)
The CUBIS Max atomizer (NCFilm heater installed) and a spare
2colours.jpg

Its available in these colours (this taken from Joyetech website)
3Ultex.jpg
The ULTEX T80 is mechanical style mod with a maximum wattage output of 80watts with a
nice 0.49 inch OLED display screen. It has dual circuit protection, as well as timeout, over-charging and short circuit protections. It comes accompanied by the CUBIS Max tank/atomizer
It measures 28mm x 138.5mm and weighs 163 g without the battery.
3 battery.jpg

It uses a single high rate 18650 battery and it has 2Amp quick charge via usb .(You can see the vent holes in the bottom cap)
The ULTEX is designed to handle a resistance range of 0.05-3.5ohm ,depending on the mode
(power//bypass//temp-NI-TI-SS //TCR)
4 cubis max.jpg

The Cubis Max has a 5ml capacity with 510 connection and is 'push to open' top fill. It has 2 large adjustable TOP air-flow slots making it leakproof . The mouth piece is a standard 510 fit allowing you to use your favorite tip! (especially if you have a driptip addiction like me )

5NCFilm.jpg

And here it is!!! The "Innovative Joyetech NCFilm*TM heater" made of Kanthal and provides a large heating area. Its designed to last approximately 3 months with the recommended setting of around 40 watts. It is said to be 0.25 ohms.
There are 2 large slots to allow the juice to reach the cotton so you never have to worry about dry hits .
To clean it you can simply wipe with a dry cloth or if necessary remove it and run it under some warm water ,then wipe. Its highly recommended that you never dry-burn it ! Warm water worked great for me though it really wasn't necessary. I just wanted to get the underside too so I removed it. A dry cloth worked great too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=38&v=ujqAkoRBBEM (from Joyetech's YouTube channel)

6cotton.jpg

and changing your cotton is so simple!!!It comes with about 10 pre-cut pieces but when they are gone simply cut to the size of the set in rectangle ,lay it in said rectangle, add a few drops of juice, place it in position matching the notch (see arrows) then secure it by attaching the bottom ring over the base.

That’s it!

Fill'er up ,attach it to your ULTEX and 'vape on'

IMG_7081 (2).JPG

I did find a couple of issues…. I get a bit of leakage around the fill hole seeping out, nothing major but I believe if Joyetech added a silicone plug with a slit in it ,that would fix it. Also being a chain vaper, I found the surface of the mod to get very hot, and checked the battery and it was hot too.I thought maybe it was my batteries so got some new ones,same thing. So I learned to not use it to chain-vape. And although the NCF is supposed to be .25 I found mine reading mostly 0.27 but up to 0.34.Battery life could be a bit better ,just be sure you have a couple extra's with you.

But overall, other than a few small tweaks, it is an amazing device! Its very beautifully designed. Its solid as solid can be! It's very comfortable in the hand. It's very simple to operate. It has great flavour. It has amazing vapour production. I found it worked best at 35 watts, and vaping this at 35 watts I get every bit as much vapour and flavour as I do from my other mods that I vape at 50-60watts. I love the fact that its so simple to change the cotton that you can change it for a new flavour every tank full if you so choose! Never ever a dry hit. No spit back. It's reasonably quiet. I also love the fact that by holding the up and down buttons I can lock the power from changing but still vape! That's extremely useful to someone like me who has ''mod in hand'' no matter what I'm doing. It's also firmware upgradeable.

For more info go to http://www.joyetech.com/product/ultex-t80-cubis-max/
And if you cant find it locally you can always go to Joyetech's new online store…..
http://www.joyetech.com/product/ultex-t80-cubis-max/

VU Sponsors