Become a Patron!

Uk vaper

drew83

Member For 4 Years
Hi all, looking to get a new set up to replace my starter kit. I have the aspire et clearomiser with bdc coils (1.8 ohm). If i can still use this it would be great. But i am looking for a box to give more vape clouds and help produce a better flavour.

I have a budget of £50-£60. I like the look of the istick 40w, but the one shop i have been in was trying to sell me a set up of well over the £100 mark. I just walked out as they wouldn't listen to me when i said I didn't wanna spend that much.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew83

Member For 4 Years
Cheers penstyle. What is the whole tc bit about? Is that for more experienced vapers?

drew83

Member For 4 Years
Ok. Done it! Bought the istick 40w tc with a gs tank. Got some 50/50 juice and wow! What a difference!! Much better flavour and cloud production!

Last question, is 50:50 juice best for this set up in tc or should i move to a different mix?

penstyle

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Congrats on the new setup. Myself, I'm not using Nickle coils. Just using with plain old coils I make myself.
50/50 juice wicks faster and may be better when it is cold outside. I use 50/50 sometimes and 75vg/25pg other times.
I dont see much difference myself but cant hurt to give it a try.

drew83

Member For 4 Years
I still have the aspire ets. But i have to remember to drop the watts right down otherwise the juice burns and is disgusting. The aspire is still set with the 1.8ohm coils. Still going to keep them as spares/emergencies.

KnowOne

Member For 4 Years
Ok. Done it! Bought the istick 40w tc with a gs tank. Got some 50/50 juice and wow! What a difference!! Much better flavour and cloud production!

Last question, is 50:50 juice best for this set up in tc or should i move to a different mix?

The 50/50 mix is one of the industry standards because its a common conclusion that many vapors eventually come to that fits their style of vaping. Other vapors conclude they prefer 30PG/70VG which is also a standard.

The term "Max VG", is a term meaning the maker of the juice mixes it with as much VG as possible(more clouds, less throat hit). A lot of time this is a tightly held secret by each juice maker because it may affect each individual juice flavor (See Grants Vanilla Custard or any of the Hans Sauce line of juice)

Stick with 50/50 as it is a good starting point. The rule of thumb for both PG/VG are:

VG
+more clouds
+more sweetness
-does not carry flavor well
-thick liquid (coils die quicker)

PG
+carries flavor excellent
+thin liquid (better on coils)
+/-throat hit (depends if you like that or not, notably for ex-smokers)
-less clouds

VU Sponsors