Become a Patron!

U.S. House Passes Vape Restrictions Bill

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am torn here because it requires an Adult Signature so a kid can't sign for a package. Maybe this is GOOD?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The survey reveals it was Can*** or something else and I suspect the small percentage of those who said it was only Vaping e-Liquids are lying. Just my opinion and not based on evidence of actual purgery mind you.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I am torn here because it requires an Adult Signature so a kid can't sign for a package. Maybe this is GOOD?
So, if you can't be at home to accept delivery, and you're not allowed to take personal deliveries at work, you're out of luck, I guess?

Besides, perhaps you missed this?
“This legislation is not a silver bullet to end the youth vaping epidemic — which is why I have called for a ban on all e-cigarette products and comprehensive legislation to address the issue — but it is a good start,” Rosa DeLauro, the Connecticut Democrat who co-sponsored the bill, said in a statement.
(emphasis added)

This is how leftists operate: Get a "common sense" measure in place, one that won't inconvenience too many people, or deprive too many people of something. Then, when that fails to achieve the ostensible outcome, come up with new "reasonable" legislation to chip-away just a little more at those individual freedoms. Then, when that one fails to achieve the stated objective...

Note I wrote "ostensible" and "stated" outcomes and objectives. Because they rarely admit to what their real goals are. (Though this one actually did.) This leftist doesn't like vaping, for whatever reason(s). Can't get an outright ban, so just chip away at it, bit by bit.

Frog, meet pot.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So, if you can't be at home to accept delivery, and you're not allowed to take personal deliveries at work, you're out of luck, I guess?

Actually if you are experienced with Signature Required Deliveries this is not a problem.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Actually if you are experienced with Signature Required Deliveries this is not a problem.
That's how it's always been in Canada. We don't have age verification at checkout and the vendor passes the responsibility on to Canada Post/UPS. If you're not home to sign for your package you take i.d to the post office when picking up.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's how it's always been in Canada. We don't have age verification at checkout and the vendor passes the responsibility on to Canada Post/UPS. If you're not home to sign for your package you take i.d to the post office when picking up.

VapourFlavour

There are actually ways to get around a personal visit here but does require proof of age.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This isn't left or right... let's leave the partison nonsense out of it. Both parties signed on to this.

Bottom line is we, as a community have become fodder for the government and this bill makes our community relevant in the next election.
I dont care If party on the ballot is Republican, Democrat, Independent, whig, federalist, green blue or purple
.. if they are pro vaping, I'll vote for them.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I really don’t know how I feel about this. I don’t mind signing for my packages but I also want to make sure I’m fully able to order vape products online. So I’m a little confused on if they mean all vape products are illegal to be shipped or what? It needs to be put in dumby terms for me

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I really don’t know how I feel about this. I don’t mind signing for my packages but I also want to make sure I’m fully able to order vape products online. So I’m a little confused on if they mean all vape products are illegal to be shipped or what? It needs to be put in dumby terms for me

From the bill, includes these items as though they were cigarettes, for all intents and purposes of the Jenkins Act:

(7)

Electronic nicotine delivery system

The term electronic nicotine delivery system—

(A)
means any electronic device that, through an aerosolized solution, delivers nicotine, flavor, or any other substance to the user inhaling from the device;

(B)
includes—

(i)
an e-cigarette;

(ii)
an e-hookah;

(iii)
an e-cigar;

(iv)
a vape pen;

(v)
an advanced refillable personal vaporizer;

(vi)
an electronic pipe; and

(vii)
any component, liquid, part, or accessory of a device described in subparagraph (A), without regard to whether the component, liquid, part, or accessory is sold separately from the device; and

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
From the bill, includes these items as though they were cigarettes, for all intents and purposes of the Jenkins Act:

(7)

The term electronic nicotine delivery system—

(A)
means any electronic device that, through an aerosolized solution, delivers nicotine, flavor, or any other substance to the user inhaling from the device;

(B)
includes—

(i)
an e-cigarette;

(ii)
an e-hookah;

(iii)
an e-cigar;

(iv)
a vape pen;

(v)
an advanced refillable personal vaporizer;

(vi)
an electronic pipe; and

(vii)
any component, liquid, part, or accessory of a device described in subparagraph (A), without regard to whether the component, liquid, part, or accessory is sold separately from the device; and
Thank you. So basically this sucks ass.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will cover anything they want to cover - so cute.. so clever.. I wonder if they can breath hanging from a lamppost?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Part of that bill is that it also makes it illegal to send vape products through the US Mail. It is an amendment to the Jenkins Act, which was a law put in place to stop cigarette trafficking.
Here is yesterday's bill that passed the House:
And this sort of explains why I have signed for Glass tubes and Electronic devices for years now doesn't it? I don't have any problem with the Customs Declarations I have received. If you do than it is your problem I guess.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
And this sort of explains why I have signed for Glass tubes and Electronic devices for years now doesn't it? I don't have any problem with the Customs Declarations I have received. If you do than it is your problem I guess.

You just keep on thinking that, Steve. I don't give a shit anymore.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
first something to consider for a long time now are gear has been classified a tobacco product so there is that.
all this is doing is officially saying that the usps will not be allowed to handle it much like the old stickies what it does to is drive up the cost and force use to use only certain methods and those require a proper deceleration and content description with custom releases and duty to be paid buy the end user in most cases. say good buy to the cheap shipping option now add in that lovely tax if passed will make this way to cost prohibitive stock up now if you have not already . it's sad but most of the vaers in my family will be the ones who go back to smokeing since it wil be easier and that is there goal.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
(A)

hey government, good luck banning these:

ssi-105_blue1_1.png

electronic device, with electricity flowing through a metal coil that heats liquid up till it turns into vapor.

there are ways and means to turn an iron into a vaping device.
good luck stopping me from pouring ejuice into a mini portable modified iron that runs on batteries.
you here me govt? good f'in luck telling me what i can and cant pour into an iron.

ban vape devices.
i dare you.
i double dare you.
see if that stops anything.
and while you are at................ban all irons!!! like there is ANY difference between what an iron does and how it works vs a box mod dipshits. lol
the ONLY difference is what you pour into it.
is everyone in washington retarded?
just call your mod, a iron.
problem........resolved.

p.s.
i wanna see every politician walking around with wrinkled suits ;)

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
while i love the idea i believe some irons do get hot enough to cause the vape to turn toxic but with some temp sensors it can be made safer. i do however fully support the spirit

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
oh there are mini portable battery run irons. ones that are made for example, for businessmen who need to carry their iron with them, in their luggage while on business trips. first one i ever saw was early 90s, like 91.
but there are also..
s-l500 (4).jpg

and

s-l1600 (42)hhh.jpg

your next box mod will be made by VICKS inc lol lol lol.

nah, in all seriousness tho.
there are more than enough carpenters, electricians, builders and such in this country more than capable of making us customized mechanical mods. if worse comes to worse.
and if you havent dealt with a mech mod before, it isnt really difficult to make at all.
watching the govt fight the future.
is kneeslappin funny

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
mods may or maynot be hard to get or make... the nic may or maynot be affordable for the home diy expert hence why most have or are stocking up.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yea i have a good amount of nic already but im getting more in a couple days. just to make sure.

but i was wondering why China, considering they make 90% of devices, why Shenzen aka China hasnt inserted their influence on the u.s. government. considering China owns 60% of the usa.
then again, they didnt muscle the indian government before they banned vaping. who knows, maybe theyre working on it. maybe not.

{Edited by Staff]

Last edited by a moderator:

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
yea i have a good amount of nic already but im getting more in a couple days. just to make sure.

but i was wondering why China, considering they make 90% of devices, why Shenzen aka China hasnt inserted their influence on the u.s. government. considering China owns 60% of the usa.
then again, they didnt muscle the indian government before they banned vaping. who knows, maybe theyre working on it. maybe not.

[Edited by Staff]
Can I get your hookup?;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Why can’t states just effectively regulate by verifying age at the point of sale? I’ve had to show ID to buy cigs in certain places when I was smoking, so wtf? Didn’t matter that they knew I was over 21, I had to whip out ID.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

(emphasis added)

This is how leftists operate: Get a "common sense" measure in place, one that won't inconvenience too many people, or deprive too many people of something. Then, when that fails to achieve the ostensible outcome, come up with new "reasonable" legislation to chip-away just a little more at those individual freedoms. Then, when that one fails to achieve the stated objective...

Note I wrote "ostensible" and "stated" outcomes and objectives. Because they rarely admit to what their real goals are. (Though this one actually did.) This leftist doesn't like vaping, for whatever reason(s). Can't get an outright ban, so just chip away at it, bit by bit.

Frog, meet pot.

And slowly raise the temp in the water.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
while i love the idea i believe some irons do get hot enough to cause the vape to turn toxic but with some temp sensors it can be made safer. i do however fully support the spirit

So no iron modding in our futures then?

VU Sponsors