Become a Patron!

Twistedsketch Flavor Slams for Ultra concentrates

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
It's been a while since I was here... and just glancing around.. good to see old familiar faces still posting! I do miss my friends here, but you can find me on facebook..

This is in regards to a question in one of the clone threads here, to explain on Ultra concentrates and what you need to know about ""alcohol-based flavoring and super-concentrates"". First... let me do a break down..

When vaping first started getting mainstreamed.. the ecigs we used were called "proprietary", meaning.. you used their equipment, their juice (and oh did it suck big time!) and moved on with your life.. There was no diy.. nothing but nasty juice in equipment that liked to blow up and if the atties got too hot, they'd crack... fun times! Not... I know a few here remember this.. ;)

Then came the time when we could start adding to the juice inside the nasty blow me up ecigs, and mainly flavors like Watkins, Bickford, Fairies Finest and Lorann was used at like 40 and 50%... yeps! and a small perfume company decided to help the cause, with the support of a few outside labs, The Flavor Apprentice was born and Wizard's labs started up.. They carried the first 100 of "TFA/TPA" flavors.. and they were "hot"! a few other pop up companies sold flavorings, like tasty puff and jungle juice...and Capella went from flavoring waters to juice.. Flavor west jumped on the band wagon, seeing how much money was coming in... and Flavour Art, now 5 yrs in the making.. these are considered the "standards" or what everyone commonly used.. I know I am missing companies, but my time is limited tonight.. so a shout out to those I have missed...

Ok so we are at standards, coming into "supers" which Flavour Art can carry that title... FA took us from using 30-50% down to 5% and up... I do think they are in a class of their own.. not a standard, and even tho they have a couple ultras... the entire line is not what i'd call ultra...

Starting with the Ultras... you have drum roll Russia's Baker's flavors**, also produced in China, Medicine flower **(essential oil company) came after BA... and Nicvape.. (shout out to Collin & Rich... I need to come see you both soon!) Nicvape can and does boast of having clean compounds, and I and a few others (@wllmc ) got a chance to try the lines a few years ago... grateful for that chance.. and then Flavorah popped on scene, gifted the community with tons of yummy flavors.. and then mine (can be found here .. before the regs fell.

So there is your brief history line.. I encourage everyone to know your favorite flavor manufacture.. where they come from, what's in the flavors they sell.. and how they react.. Take a chance, experiment.

------------------------------------------------

As far as "alcohol flavors" that is a topic to talk on... first.. as I do work for a private lab, and work behind the scene for them, I am limited as to what I can and can not say.. What I can post is, that what everyone "thinks" as an alcohol flavor, is actually this: all flavors are compounds. The chemical make up changes on each flavor, and it is easy to tell a apple from a pecan.. It is not so easy to say these are alcohol flavors. Some are, some are not but carry "notes" of alcohol. Do not lump them all together as apple cant be anything else other than apple. ;)

The common mistake made in diy: assuming. Assuming you "have to take the top off to breath it". That is a no no! Think of it this way... would you leave your freezer door open to make ice? No. Uncapping juice with ultra flavors is just like that open freezer door, you are letting the gasses out the flavor depends on to mature with. Does this make sense? If so, then stop doing it.. Don't beat me up cuz I say keep your top on.. Use your head and really think on it..

The last things I want to say on the ultras... they do not take as long, they use under a mill. to flavor 30ml, and 20ml of flavor can and will flavor a litter.. Standard flavors can not boast of this. We are all taught, less is more.. and less is better.. so tell me this, why is everyone still stuck on standard flavors, when this is commonly known? Flavor for thought!

I miss you guys.. will try to check in more often.. xoxo

@Huckleberried if you'd like to sticky this for others.. I know someone might be grateful.. ;)

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Not responsible for spelling errors.. :p
but I tried to catch them all.. If I have not talked on something you want to know on the ultras.. just post up.. will try to keep an eye on the thread here.. if not, if someone can find me, will come back and pop up replies.. I will try my best!

S...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
hey smoky :) I agree abut not taking the top off. in my opinion it does more harm than good.

Long time no see wllmc lol.. and yeps.. top up, and pop the top only while in use..
It is just too cool to see a good custard ready in less than 3 days.. the ultras are def where it is at.

VU Sponsors