Become a Patron!

Twisted Messes V2 + Ijoy/Limitless Lux 215W - What coils + ?

GrimCrimson

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey There!
I have a Ijoy limitless Lux 215W with 26650 batterys and a twisted messes V2 RDA, New to building Coils and what not for my first RDA and just wondered what the best coils would be for it flavor chasing + clouds? moslty flavor chasing though haha. at the moment i have dual clapton coils on my Twisted Messes V2 and i was thinking of building Triple twisted 24g Kanthal coils possibly between 5-7 wraps ? but im not sure as again im new to building so wondered what you guys could teach me about it! was also thinking of doing the scottish roll wicking technique, thoughts ? any hints, tips, teachings would be much appreciated!

Thanks again!
-Grim

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm pretty sure that atty is meant for big fused claptons or aliens - something like that.

I would suggest going to you tube and look up some videos on it and see what kind of builds they're using. Then look up some videos on how to build your desired coil.

I'm afraid that's about all the advice I've got for you. I just wanted to break the silence until someone more knowledgeable than me comes around. :)

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since you're new to building coils, I would start out with something simple. Start with a basic sleeper coil (a sleeper is 2 coils made from 1 piece of wire) using this video as your guide.

I will NEVER suggest starting with Claptons to newbies. They are a royal pain in the ass for some people to make without a drill. My goal is not to get you so frustrated that you quit vaping and perhaps go back to smoking. Stick with the vape dude, you'll live longer! :D

Another thing to remember is that your coils aren't the only thing that determines vapor production. The VG content of your juice also plays a role. For example, an 80VG juice will chuck thicker clouds than a 50VG juice. The PG content is what carries the flavor. I suggest experimenting with different blends to see which one you like best. I'm using an 75VG:25PG mix, on a dual Sleeper build (that's 4 coils made from 2 pieces of wire) at 0.34 ohms, 137 watts on my Obese Buddha, and the flavor and vapor production are freaking awesome. I'll also occasionally use a 24mm Mason, and my sleepers work great on that one too.

VU Sponsors