Become a Patron!

twisted messes rda good build for flavor

D-Shaw709

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got the twised messes rda and was looking for a good build for a single and dual coil build that i can vape at 50 watt plus i have 24 and 26g kanthal

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We would first need to know what mod you have, and what batteries you have, before we can suggest any builds.

D-Shaw709

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Istick100w uses 2 batteries and the batteries say 1865 2.75v 2600mAh

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I understand correctly, you have the Pink Samsung cells which have 5A CDR (Continuous Discharge Rate). First I would recommend getting better batteries. You would not be able to push those batteries too hard. You would be forced to stick within the realm of 1.0+ohms to be safe.

Your wattage would be limited by your build with these batteries. At 50W you would need a minimum of 0.5ohm to stay within the 10A limit, and you couldn't exceed those 50Ws (to get 100W out of these batteries would require a 1.0ohm build). If you had 20A CDR cells, you could run a 0.25ohm build at 100W. To achieve this mods limits (100W @ 0.15ohm) would require cells with 25A+ CDR.

Knowing Battery Safety is the most vitally important thing in vaping when you start building. I would recommend studying up on Ohms Law and Battery Safety (www.steam-engine.org), and getting a set of, say, VTC4s (30A CDR) if you want to be able to use your mod to it's fullest potential without having to worry about the batteries limits anymore, the VTC4s will handle anything the mod will throw at it (within the mods ohm limits of 0.15ohm - 5.0ohms).

Unfortunately I can't safely recommend building anything with those particular batteries in this mod, because of the potential for disaster (I could recommend a decent build to be used at 50Wmax, but if you were to accidently forget it's only 50Wmax, turn it up to 75W, you could now have a terrible accident). If you insist on using these batteries, I would recommend building a basic 1.0ohm coil, at least that way you could turn it up to 100W and still be within the batteries limits, other than that, there's too much chance for an accident to occur to recommend any actual builds.

D-Shaw709

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
These are green ill take a pic to show you

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

D-Shaw709

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2f663fe3fa01dcfb4be642c2a18f05aa.jpg

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohhh ok, ummm, those are mislabeled, they're 3.7V, and they are Sony VTC5s, which are 20A CDR. That eases my mind alot, I hate seeing vapers get misinformed and buy the Pink Sammys (happens alot around my area unfortunately)
With those batteries you should be good to go, all the way to 100W.

I have a Twisted 24ga Spaced 4x4 Sleeper at 0.1ohm in one of my RDAs, and it's absolutely amazing, best flavor I've ever had from such a simple build.
You could try a slight variation of what I'm running: Sleeper or Dual Coils 24ga Twisted 7wraps Spaced around a 2mm ID, giving you somewhere roughly around 0.2ohm.

D-Shaw709

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks and ya that eases my mind to

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just cause theyre wrapped green doesnt mean they are vtc5s... you can buy green wrap plus the label throws it off. Id get new batteries anyway just to be safe.
Somethjng about green cells with 2.75v 2600mah label that makes the whole situation shady.... where did you get them?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

D-Shaw709

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got then from the vapour trail in yarmouth nova scotia canada

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They selling 13h9h rda for 30 bucks, how much is 3o bucks canadian?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like to vape a triple twisted coil 26 gauge and it seems to be pretty decent for me.

jsr27

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I got a twisted messes black and gold with a sigelei 150 watt tc and I use the tidal coil for flavor. You would have to buy some ribbon kanthal but it's worth it. Flavor is amazing!!! I use 28 gauge kanthal and .8 ribbon. Wraps with a inner diameter of 2.4mms. Comes out to .34 ohms.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My Favorite Twisted Messes Flavor Builds:
3 x 34K 40N Paralleled with 28K (The Perfect Flawless Build) .jpg 24g 34g Fused Clapton Staged with 22g.jpg Framed Fused Clapton   .jpg

D-Shaw709

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice got any videos on how to make them

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I dont myself but youtube is chocked full of them. Search Local Vape, Art of Vaping, Twisted Messes and theres a few other channels with some decent videos with detailed instructions and required items.

This should make it somewhat more clear on how the Fused Claptons are made. Stick 2 thicker gauges of wire side by side in to a drill chuck. Take a thinner gauge wire and wrap the 2 thicker gauge wires together as neatly and tight as possible. Thats all that is happening and if you have swivels it gets even easier.

Wrapping Fused Claptons.jpg

Heres a great video on how to wrap fused claptons with a drill and swivels:

D-Shaw709

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks

VU Sponsors