Become a Patron!

Twisted kanthan build

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm wanting to build a twisted kanthan build in my tobh, I was thinking of using 26G and aiming towards .28-.3 ohms. Do you think that would be a good cloud chasing build and what ID and number of twists would you recommend

Thanks

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Depends on how big the post holes are. The number of wraps is dependent on the size of the mandrel you wrap around. With twisted Kanthal, you want to go macro-coil, or about 3mm.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So you think that would blow some big clouds my tobh has big post holes I have had them drilled out and

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right now I vape 6mg and thought about dropping to 3mg to get harder and longer pulls but I have to chain vape 6mg to keep me somewhat satisfied and still have a cigarette here and there, but I went from a pack and a half a day down to 6 cigarettes at most of the time less

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Right now I vape 6mg and thought about dropping to 3mg to get harder and longer pulls but I have to chain vape 6mg to keep me somewhat satisfied and still have a cigarette here and there, but I went from a pack and a half a day down to 6 cigarettes at most of the time less
Go up to 9 or 10 if you are still having a nic fit.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have you had the air holes joined on your Tobh? That helped mine a LOT. I use either 3 strands of 28 guage twisted into one for each coil wrapped around a stanley precision screw driver anywhere from 4 to 8 times depending on which mod I'm using.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There are tons of videos on YouTube using the drill method. I'm on my phone right now or I would post a link for ya.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm having good thick clouds on a single coil 2 strand twisted 28g 8 wraps around 2.4mm mandrel but I'm using a regulated box at 45 watts. It ohms out at .9
On a mutation x v2

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Check out 'Twisted Messes' on the tube. He usually shows how to build those coils too.

VU Sponsors