Become a Patron!

TVL 4-Post Competition RDA Advice

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was at my local vape shop and got into a conversation about The Vape Lounge (TVL) products, as one of the guys was sponsored by TVL. Obviously he's going to chat it up as the absolute best for your vaping needs, but I checked their website and ran across their 4-post competition RDA that is for triple coil setups.
08a52fe4dc84945ba762a71b24c0c287.jpg

I was curious if anyone has built on this RDA and how much does it change the dynamics of building as opposed to your typical dual-Coil setups. With fitting 4 posts into the deck along with the Kennedy-Style airflow channels it seems like it would be a pretty tight fit to work with, so, obviously any of the crazier build I use like fused claptons and aliens is out of the question, and with resistance being split by 3 coils rather than 2 I'm figuring it's probably best to steer clear of any parallel builds since I would be running it in a single battery tube mech mod. Just haven't heard much about this atty, so, tossing a line out to see if anyone has used one much and any real-world pros and cons...I don't really feel like dropping this kind of money if this is simply a gimmick type of deal (remember the Turbo?) so any reviews on the atty itself or advise on building on this type of deck would be appreciate...thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't swear to it, but it looks like you could put a series build on there which would triple your resistance as opposed to halving it with a parallel setup.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
According to their website: "It will be available in 2 and 3 posts soon." Maybe that will make the deck more workable for beefier coils to fit?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
According to their website: "It will be available in 2 and 3 posts soon." Maybe that will make the deck more workable for beefier coils to fit?

Yes, I saw that as well, but I just don't have an RDA setup like this, nor have I really seen much out there to compare it too. Was just thinking something new and different to throw into my rotation would be nice. Right now I've got my Black Copper Broadside mech with a Recoil RDA on it, a Copper AV Able mech with a Kennedy 24 on it, and a Stainless AV Able Mech with a mini fat Buddha in rotation and was considering rounding out the group with a Brass Setup, such as the TVL Colt 45 Mech along with the Brass version of this 4-post RDA...I'm a bit OCD with matching, lol.
c18c4571110e2c80c326c7ae72634daf.jpg

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, I saw that as well, but I just don't have an RDA setup like this, nor have I really seen much out there to compare it too. Was just thinking something new and different to throw into my rotation would be nice. Right now I've got my Black Copper Broadside mech with a Recoil RDA on it, a Copper AV Able mech with a Kennedy 24 on it, and a Stainless AV Able Mech with a mini fat Buddha in rotation and was considering rounding out the group with a Brass Setup, such as the TVL Colt 45 Mech along with the Brass version of this 4-post RDA...I'm a bit OCD with matching, lol.
c18c4571110e2c80c326c7ae72634daf.jpg

Nice mech collection! I want the AV Able (authentic).

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice mech collection! I want the AV Able (authentic).

Thanks...the copper AV is authentic and I absolutely love it, the SS version is a clone because I couldn't justify buying another authentic to the lady of the house, lol and it doesn't hit as hard, but I can't say whether that's due to being a clone or that it's just not copper...all of the parts between the clone and authentic fit on each other with no problems, so, it seems to be pretty damn near 1:1

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't have a mech of my own yet, but I look forward to getting one as soon as I can afford it!

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update:

The Colt 45 Mod along with the TVL 4-Post Competition RDA came in yesterday and all I can say is...Wow! Didn't get much of a chance to tinker with it before going to work yesterday, so, I just threw 3 10-wrap coils using 24ga SS316L as I was heading out and was impressed at the clouds, but muted the flavor and cooled the vape off too much for my taste. This morning I swapped out the coils and made 3 parallel coils (2-strands 24ga SS316L wrapped 5 times) and popped them in. With that setup, this is a beast...the vapor production was on par with what I used to get out of my Noisy Cricket Series Mech to the point that I can't use this in my car without the window down, otherwise I'm blinded by fog after 2 hits! Awkward as hell to build on and the middle post spinning a bit when tightening it down was a challenge and wicking is going to take some getting used to, but still, looks like a winner and even though I'd prefer to have a bit more wide open air flow, this might be my new daily!
dccc5d79394bda31396a013d8fa3b743.jpg
ff9104ed1b075d92d1204ace525fb875.jpg
457a27276bea9ae7a487f5c918c6e00e.png
46bcaf86bfaa9bfadf908c66fdcd6d64.png

VU Sponsors