Become a Patron!

Trying to get into vaping

Timowh

Member For 1 Year
Hey,

I just turned 18 like about a month ago and I really want to get into vaping. I'd like to blow some big clouds but I want to get some nice flavor too. I looked around a bit and I think I want to get a vape without a heating element? Not sure how all this works but I basically don't want to get a big hit and I don't want any nicotine shit because I'm not a smoker. If someone could help me out which vape to buy I'd really appreciate it.

also, this is my first vape and I'm not sure I'll even like it that much so I'd prefer something cheap.

Hope someone can help me out, cheers!

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well what you are looking for does not really exist. A vape without a heating element isn't going to work for you. Main reason is there is only one in existence currently, the Usonicig Rhythm, see it here http://www.usonicig.com/rhythm/index.html . The problem with this unit is it gives muted flavor and pretty weak cloud production. And your looking at the unit, so far, only being available in the UK at right around 60 pounds, or $85. Not terrible, but there are less expensive options out there that will actually do what you want.

My suggestion is to do A LOT MORE research, then come back and ask questions about specific gear, i.e. tanks, mods, etc. For big clouds and flavor you're going to be stuck with a system with a coil (heating element) for the time being, at least until somebody comes up with a "coil-less" system that performs correctly or the way you want it to. I would also suggest getting a beginners kit like the iJoy Capo, https://www.directvapor.com/premium-mods/ijoy-capo-100w-tc-vape-starter-kit-w-21700-battery.html , to start with, hits up to 100w, comes with a good tank, and has enough features to keep you interested and let you learn whether or not you even like vaping, and all for $69. There are also cheaper set ups out there as well. But do yourself a favor and stay away from Smok if at all possible. If you look around here you'll notice A LOT of people posting up with problems with their Smok products. They seem to have a lot more problems than any other brand going right now. Your call of course.

Another suggestion, if you have fiends that vape, see if they'll let you give it a shot with their set up. That way at least you can see if you like it before laying out the cash.

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If those are your reasons why you wanna start vaping then
Get the fuck out of here!

I BAM
Dude totally uncalled for! Do you think everybody on these forums started vaping to quit smoking or some other noble cause? There are lots of people on here that vape just for fun. Kid just wants some advice!o_O

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude totally uncalled for! Do you think everybody on these forums started vaping to quit smoking or some other noble cause? There are lots of people on here that vape just for fun. Kid just wants some advice!

Dude...this is not the first time I’ve given advice to fake accounts ok...
Before you give a lengthy comment, tap on the OPs profile, see how many post they have, see when they became a member!

before you call me out, do some research!

next time, when someone is asking for help then they said IM NEW AND IM 18, AND I WANT TO BLOW CLOUDS, NEVER SMOKE BEFORE, I DONT WANT NICOTINE, I JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN! BE CAREFUL! DATA DATA DATA!
HAVE A GOOD DAY!

I BAM

Last edited:

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Before you give a lengthy comment, tap on the OPs profile, see how many post they have, see when they became a member!

next time, when someone is asking for help then they said IM NEW AND IM 18, AND I WANT TO BLOW CLOUDS, NEVER SMOKE BEFORE, I DONT WANT NICOTINE, I JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN! BE CAREFUL! DATA DATA DATA! IM NOT AN ASSHOLE BUT IM AN ASSHOLE
HAVE A GOOD DAY!

I BAM
Hmmm...So new guy, first post and you call him out, and you assume I didn't look him up. Okay whatever. And your not an asshole? Right.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ijoy capo had some issues posted on here with sticky fire button as well at least the squonker variant did

Stay away from V8 smok sticks lots of complaints about them too

Eleaf Produce pretty decent starter kits a lot of people get on with the pico series

If you want a big clouds bro you are best off getting standalone dual/triple battery mod and separate tank for it

Last edited:

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
With an opener like the OP gave I’d say steer clear of rebuildables for now
That's why I said to read up before he uses them. And I also recommended the mesh because they are easier to work with than regular coils. It's simply snip, install, wick. lol

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Said he wants to dip his toe in the water and getting a rebuildable requires additional gear and cost outlay ....ongoing costs might be more for pre made coils but at this stage OP doesn’t even want a heating element let alone worrying about building, wicking and removing hot spots etc

Nothing in that opening other than blowing clouds suggests OP is ready for self building to me

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I would not recommend a rebuildable to any new vaper period. For most just learning how to vape with a simple setup can be challenging.
Thats why i said to research before use. I wouldn't want anyone going to rebuildables without being prepared.

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Said he wants to dip his toe in the water and getting a rebuildable requires additional gear and cost outlay ....ongoing costs might be more for pre made coils but at this stage OP doesn’t even want a heating element let alone worrying about building, wicking and removing hot spots etc

Nothing in that opening other than blowing clouds suggests OP is ready for self building to me
He asked he wants clouds so i responded. My response was for that sentence alone and wasn't meant to be used in correlation with the rest of the OP

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
He asked he wants clouds so i responded. My response was for that sentence alone and wasn't meant to be used in correlation with the rest of the OP

Have a re-read Yoda to be honest I’m still on the fence and tending to agree with EJ about it being a troll post haha

Timowh

Member For 1 Year

next time, when someone is asking for help then they said IM NEW AND IM 18, AND I WANT TO BLOW CLOUDS, NEVER SMOKE BEFORE, I DONT WANT NICOTINE, I JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN! BE CAREFUL! DATA DATA DATA!
HAVE A GOOD DAY!

I BAM
Well yeah, I understand I just joined today and I'm 18.. seems like I'm some underage kid or something like that? I get that I'm young and stuff but I only wanted some advice..

Timowh

Member For 1 Year

Well I just heard that having a heat element causes a harder hit and I'm not really in for it because of that. I just think it'd be relaxing and it'll help me with my stress problems, having a heavy hit doesn't really help with that I think.. if a heating element has nothing to do with that then it's no problem.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well yeah, I understand I just joined today and I'm 18.. seems like I'm some underage kid or something like that? I get that I'm young and stuff but I only wanted some advice..

What state you from?

I BAM

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Well I just heard that having a heat element causes a harder hit and I'm not really in for it because of that. I just think it'd be relaxing and it'll help me with my stress problems, having a heavy hit doesn't really help with that I think.. if a heating element has nothing to do with that then it's no problem.
Without the heating element no vapor=no clouds. You don't have to inhale to vape.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
We don't really have a vape shop around here :(
Then maybe a simple AIO (all in one) kit would be a cheaper route to experiment with. I have never used one so have no recommendations for you.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Kranky explained earlier there is a product on the market that uses vibration to create vapour but it’s not very good

Pretty much every product out there uses heat as a means to turn e-liquid into vapour and they will all use a heating element of some sort to do it

The range of products out there is overwhelming from mouth to lung all the way to direct lung fog machines, if you have never smoked before as Letitia mentioned earlier; visiting a local store to try some products first at least to identify what sort of inhale type you like will help

Going straight for a clouds bro might be way too much for you and you’ll get frustrated and waste money doing it

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Actually vaping is proving useful for weight loss and stress relief in some instances. One of the reasons (other than quitting smoking) BP is interested in vaping is developing it for a delivery system for other drugs. Vaping no longer belongs to just those of us that use it to quit smoking, if it ever did belong to just us. Vaping goes back much further than most realize.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
regardless of what mod and tank you get. Buy good batteries. Buy samsung song of LG batteries I would recommend Sony VTC5A. Do not buy efest or trustfire or anything like that. The batteries are what cause problems even in these mods that have all these safety features. Also buy a external charger, some mods are ok charging your batteries with a USB cable but it is always an added risk. SO get an external charger and charge your batteries with it.
To get started the SMOK kits with a beast tank are easy and probably the most popular. Just be warned of 2 things
If you really want to get in to Temperature control SMOK mods do not do it the best AND
Many people have experienced issues with SMOK mods on this forum but many people have no issues with them

Timowh

Member For 1 Year
Find something else to relieve your stress....
Vaping is not stress reliever bad habit!
Go to the gym, play sports or see a doctor...

I BAM
You can't go to the gm, play sports or see a doctor while doing my work. Although I can vape while doing my work and if I have to believe other users it can be stress relieving so yeah

Timowh

Member For 1 Year
Well what you are looking for does not really exist. A vape without a heating element isn't going to work for you. Main reason is there is only one in existence currently, the Usonicig Rhythm, see it here http://www.usonicig.com/rhythm/index.html . The problem with this unit is it gives muted flavor and pretty weak cloud production. And your looking at the unit, so far, only being available in the UK at right around 60 pounds, or $85. Not terrible, but there are less expensive options out there that will actually do what you want.

My suggestion is to do A LOT MORE research, then come back and ask questions about specific gear, i.e. tanks, mods, etc. For big clouds and flavor you're going to be stuck with a system with a coil (heating element) for the time being, at least until somebody comes up with a "coil-less" system that performs correctly or the way you want it to. I would also suggest getting a beginners kit like the iJoy Capo, https://www.directvapor.com/premium-mods/ijoy-capo-100w-tc-vape-starter-kit-w-21700-battery.html , to start with, hits up to 100w, comes with a good tank, and has enough features to keep you interested and let you learn whether or not you even like vaping, and all for $69. There are also cheaper set ups out there as well. But do yourself a favor and stay away from Smok if at all possible. If you look around here you'll notice A LOT of people posting up with problems with their Smok products. They seem to have a lot more problems than any other brand going right now. Your call of course.

Another suggestion, if you have fiends that vape, see if they'll let you give it a shot with their set up. That way at least you can see if you like it before laying out the cash.
Thanks for the help, I'll look into it :)

Timowh

Member For 1 Year
Kranky explained earlier there is a product on the market that uses vibration to create vapour but it’s not very good

Pretty much every product out there uses heat as a means to turn e-liquid into vapour and they will all use a heating element of some sort to do it

The range of products out there is overwhelming from mouth to lung all the way to direct lung fog machines, if you have never smoked before as Letitia mentioned earlier; visiting a local store to try some products first at least to identify what sort of inhale type you like will help

Going straight for a clouds bro might be way too much for you and you’ll get frustrated and waste money doing it
Maybe next time I visit Amsterdam I could visit a vape store..

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU, Timowh.

Are you up for a little more advice? Pretend for a minute that I'm your grandmother who happens to know something about vaping, ok? Actually I do have grandkids older than you. :D

The vapor that produces big clouds can be HOT. Perhaps you understand that, and perhaps that's why you said you didn't want a heating element. Anyway, for you to know how to inhale (if you do intend to inhale) that hot vapor without choking yourself, someone who knows how should teach you.

Even people who have smoked for years can be sent into coughing fits the first few times they hit a vape, even a not-so-powerful one.

I'm not trying to alarm you, just trying to help you have a positive experience.

If you don't plan to inhale the vapor, I truly don't know how you'll be able to blow clouds. It takes the capacity of your mouth, throat, and lungs to hold enough air and vapor to create a big cloud. You can't draw enough vapor just into your mouth to create much of a cloud. There just isn't enough room there.

So. No nicotine is no problem; you can order 0 nic juice from nearly anywhere, at least in the US.

Aspire is a good brand. So is Sigelei and eLeaf. I could not find many listings in the Netherlands, but did find this, which might be an acceptable starting point for you, provided you have someone to help you learn how to use it, or you want to hang out here a lot. :)

http://www.heelverstandigroken.nl/eleaf-istick-pico-25-starter-kit.html

You need a sub-ohm tank (heating element resistance less than one ohm) to blow clouds.

Be aware, also, with a device like that, you will also need to order the right batteries. The size that goes with that kit is 18650, and as another poster stated, it is better to buy good quality batteries. Samsung 25R, Sony VTC5A, and Sony VTC6 are some good choices. Regardless of the brand you get, the constant discharge rate of the battery needs to be at least 25A, 30 or 35 is better.

Ideally it would be good to have an external battery charger that is smart enough to shut off when the batteries are fully charged. An overcharged battery is dangerous. You can charge the battery in the mod, but the battery will last longer if you have a good-quality external charger. If you go that route, you would want to get at least two batteries (or more) so that one can be charging while you are using the other.

Good luck. If you move forward, I hope it goes well for you.

Last edited:

Kevinor762

Member For 1 Year
Going to a trusted good vape store would be ideal because they have good starter kits usually!

Hey,

I just turned 18 like about a month ago and I really want to get into vaping. I'd like to blow some big clouds but I want to get some nice flavor too. I looked around a bit and I think I want to get a vape without a heating element? Not sure how all this works but I basically don't want to get a big hit and I don't want any nicotine shit because I'm not a smoker. If someone could help me out which vape to buy I'd really appreciate it.

also, this is my first vape and I'm not sure I'll even like it that much so I'd prefer something cheap.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Going to a trusted good vape store would be ideal because they have good starter kits usually!
That they sell at 3 times the price than online stores. the money you spent in one of these stores you can buy 3-5 starter kits online even more if you want to shop in China and find something you personally like, not being forced to make it work because you just spend a arm and a leg. Last thing I would do or recommend.

However if you can test flavors in a store that's what I would do, after you found the category you like purchase the juices online as well.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
That they sell at 3 times the price than online stores. the money you spent in one of these stores you can buy 3-5 starter kits online even more if you want to shop in China and find something you personally like, not being forced to make it work because you just spend a arm and a leg. Last thing I would do or recommend.

However if you can test flavors in a store that's what I would do, after you found the category you like purchase the juices online as well.

I always recommend that a newbie go to a Vape Shop to look over gear, then they get to see and feel what may be best for them, they don't have to buy it from a shop, then they can look online for prices. I would still rather overpay for something if I need or want it now, than buy cigarettes- at least with a Vape Shop they could walk out that day and start vaping, if they encounter problems they can go back to the shop for help, exchange or instructions.
Waiting for weeks from China to deliver gear and then you may not like it either- good luck with communicating and waiting on China to send you another when your new gear is DOA or stopped working correctly.
I do use China to buy gear, but I have many mods and tanks and can wait the many weeks for my latest and greatest, I usually buy coils,glass and drip tips from China vendors.
I am lucky for now in the US- many great online vendors with great prices and delivery times. I mainly use US online vendors for my vape purchases.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well.. i found these 2 to start with.. is it any good?

Joyetech Ego AIO & Aspire Breeze.

if both of these aren't any good, I need one from this site because I got like €50,- credit on there.

link: https://www.bol.com/nl/l/batterijboxen/N/20926/?view=tiles

I don't think you would go wrong with either of those choices, provided you have a source for replacement coils. Neither of them may be what you want for the long run, especially if your friends are all using heavier gear. If the long-term operating cost is a consideration for you, both of these units will most likely be economical to use because neither of these companies have a reputation for producing very expensive coils.

If you can add a few more Euros to your store credit, I would encourage you to look at this unit:

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/innokin-it...nown_818_recentbekeken-MCM-slot_D1_product_4_

You will probably be satisfied with this unit longer than either of the others, and Innokin devices are well known for being very good quality. Again, you should be sure you have a dependable source of the replacement coils.

Good luck!

ETA: I see that all three of these devices have built-in batteries. The Aspire Breeze battery is only 650mAh, which is not going to last very long between charges. The Innokin unit battery is 2000mAh, so that demonstrates the difference that extra bit of money will make.

Last edited:

Timowh

Member For 1 Year
I don't think you would go wrong with either of those choices, provided you have a source for replacement coils. Neither of them may be what you want for the long run, especially if your friends are all using heavier gear. If the long-term operating cost is a consideration for you, both of these units will most likely be economical to use because neither of these companies have a reputation for producing very expensive coils.

If you can add a few more Euros to your store credit, I would encourage you to look at this unit:

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/innokin-it...nown_818_recentbekeken-MCM-slot_D1_product_4_

You will probably be satisfied with this unit longer than either of the others, and Innokin devices are well known for being very good quality. Again, you should be sure you have a dependable source of the replacement coils.

Good luck!

ETA: I see that all three of these devices have built-in batteries. The Aspire Breeze battery is only 650mAh, which is not going to last very long between charges. The Innokin unit battery is 2000mAh, so that demonstrates the difference that extra bit of money will make.
Can I get any confirmation that this one is a good choice? If it is I'll order it, thanks for the advice. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Can I get any confirmation that this one is a good choice? If it is I'll order it, thanks for the advice. :)

Here are a couple of YouTube reviews:

If you Google the device, I'm sure you'll be able to find all kinds of written reviews also.

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey,

YOU SHOULD START xxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors