Become a Patron!

Trying to figure out which gauge should i use in my RTA

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
hi guys,

Will try to make my first coils. Like to try SS and SS Claptons.

I have a ZEUS Dual RTA (small deck).

Which gage (awg?) should i buy my SS wires?

Thanks for the attention.

Thinking also about buying a Coil Master V2 o 3, is this really necessary?

Thanks again...

Best for all.

Peace

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Have you vaped any rebuildable coils before? What have you vaped that you liked?

Lower gauge will make hotter vapor and need more power

Higher gauge will heat and cool more quickly

I assume you will be using a regulated mod, right?

Coil Master isn't necessary but most of the tools in it Are - not a bad deal to get them all at once and in a storage case.

Some people like hot vapes (26g, 24g, 22g), some people like me like warm but not hot (28g and 30g)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I would recommend 28g I think, but it would be a good idea to try a few gauges around there and see what you like best

Be sure to watch many videos on both making/installing SS coils, as well as building and wicking for the Zeus dual, specifically

Good luck!

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I would recommend 28g I think, but it would be a good idea to try a few gauges around there and see what you like best

Be sure to watch many videos on both making/installing SS coils, as well as building and wicking for the Zeus dual, specifically

Good luck!
Thanks man. Im using a Revenger X and my Zeus Dua with SS premade Clapton 32... Guess ill have a try in 28g... And maybe is better to bay a Coil Master anyway (too oavoid to shi** when learning).

Besta man.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What have you been vaping on before the RTA....

Start I would start with a roll of 26awg.... kanthal Nichrome or SS..... I would start by midline all builds in steam-engine.org..... trial and error cost time but very little money.

My coil building tools include a pair of fingernail clippers and a coiling tool made from a 2x2 block and a BBQ skewer. And a 14 inch pipe wrench and 2 S-hooks..... that's it. Oh and a GOOD multi meter.

419326782cd69ec84ce2f841ebc3ae32.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are full of questions..lol...that's great!...in some ways I'm really glad I started vaping when rebuildable were just coming onto the market...we didn't know what they could do we didn't know what we could get out of them, and so we all experimented with them it was all new ground...most of the innovations in vaping have come about because the average vaper tried something out nobody had done before and it became a standard...in the end I'd say..listen to people's advice closely, try what they advise...but never become a fanboy,always try out your own ideas and never be afraid to go against "good" advice UNLESS it has to do with saftey concerns and battery limits..you need to feel comfortable being your own expert...because none of us are.vape to your own tastes.experiment.

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
You are full of questions..lol...that's great!...in some ways I'm really glad I started vaping when rebuildable were just coming onto the market...we didn't know what they could do we didn't know what we could get out of them, and so we all experimented with them it was all new ground...most of the innovations in vaping have come about because the average vaper tried something out nobody had done before and it became a standard...in the end I'd say..listen to people's advice closely, try what they advise...but never become a fanboy,always try out your own ideas and never be afraid to go against "good" advice UNLESS it has to do with saftey concerns and battery limits..you need to feel comfortable being your own expert...because none of us are.vape to your own tastes.experiment.
Wise! nice to hear that. Thanks man

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
What have you been vaping on before the RTA....

Start I would start with a roll of 26awg.... kanthal Nichrome or SS..... I would start by midline all builds in steam-engine.org..... trial and error cost time but very little money.

My coil building tools include a pair of fingernail clippers and a coiling tool made from a 2x2 block and a BBQ skewer. And a 14 inch pipe wrench and 2 S-hooks..... that's it. Oh and a GOOD multi meter.

419326782cd69ec84ce2f841ebc3ae32.jpg

Ill give it a try also. My problem is cause i live in Brazil, anda some simples stuff you guys can get, like wires and stuff, its almost like buying drugs in here, rsrsrs. But, as able as i could, ill try to buy different wire gauges and begin to experiment. Thansk for your reply. (Ah!, and steam-engine... for sure :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I learned to build by rebuilding my coilheads... using Steam-engine.org I backwards engineered the heads then duplicated the builds using different gauges and wire types.

VU Sponsors