Become a Patron!

Trying to decide on a new mod

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its finally time I replace my beat and worn Ijoy diamond. There are quite a few I like but they are all 18650 and I kind of want another that can take 20700 since I have quite a few 20700 batteries.

Any good recommendations for mods that use 18650 and 20700 like the diamond?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What are the few you like? so we have an idea?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I don't know if they can be found any more, but the Voopoo X-217 is really, really nice. Dual 2x700.

Not as nice, but still a decent functional mod, is the iJoy Avenger. I got mine from Wetvapes.com (they don't ship everywhere now, but you could check). I think this one is dual 20700 but I'm not positive about that. 21700s may fit, I just never tried them.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What are the few you like? so we have an idea?
I like the geekvape l200 classic and aegis/aegis legend, voodoo drag 4, vapresson gen/gen s/ gen s ultra. Just to name a few. I usually build about .4 ohm and vape anywhere from 30-40w. I much prefer a dual battery to a single battery mod.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Dovpo riva / odin as wells
Have both DNA models. My Odin is 1 battery. Riva is 18650 only.

There's and Odin DNA and non DNA that both take 21700 so I assume 20700 fit. DNA's are light wieght aluminum.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My Odin's are non-DNA, 100w iirc, single 21700. Nice, durable mods that feel good to hold and look good.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have both DNA models. My Odin is 1 battery. Riva is 18650 only.

There's and Odin DNA and non DNA that both take 21700 so I assume 20700 fit. DNA's are light wieght aluminum.
What kind of battery life do you get. I wouldn't mind a single battery if the battery life is decent. I had a single battery smok cube something or another but even with brand new 18650 it never lasted long. My 18650s now are in need of replacing being 5 years old, my 20700s are anywhere from 5 years to brand new. I like how the ijoy can use both but if I go to a mod that is only 20700 I wouldn't really complain.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What kind of battery life do you get. I wouldn't mind a single battery if the battery life is decent. I had a single battery smok cube something or another but even with brand new 18650 it never lasted long. My 18650s now are in need of replacing being 5 years old, my 20700s are anywhere from 5 years to brand new. I like how the ijoy can use both but if I go to a mod that is only 20700 I wouldn't really complain.

I think you'll find that for regulated, if it fits 217, 207 will also fit.

I'd recommend 217's if getting a single battery one, they've came a long way since 207 was established.

Single battery DNA color screen isn't known for the best battery run time. It isn't bad, and there are varying factors. 75C's are my only single 21700 battery mods.(3)(+2-2x18650)
.4 is in my wheelhouse. When at that resistance I use less than 40W. More like 30 or less and I've used Vapecell G50 12-15A with great run time and runs cool. Its a Samsung rewrap but the Samsung label is/wasn't available (50G).
Just bought some batteries and switched to 50S. Mooch rates them at a temp limiting 35A, 25A continuous, and over 5100 mAh vs VC's G50 5000. I switched because I find myself sometimes wanting to up the wattage a bit but with the wrong battery(amps) in the mod. So these 50S keeps me from having to swap. They've been exc for regulated with great run time. I vape a lot, 20-25ml a day. I always thought mods should have a vape timer instead of a puff counter. I'll put a fresh battery in late evening.

Here's a good deal on a nice mod. I dare say ya can't find another new DNA C mod for $67. Very well made. Aluminum body, SS top/bottom/tube. One color left of the 3 variants. It's been out 2 1/2 yrs, surprised I ran across it a while back.

I have the gunmetal
1678641867627.png
1678642133961.png

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
With escribe you can look at Mooch's testing for the battery you use to find what he says is lowest cutoff for it, then adjust the cutoff of the mod accordingly, like .1-.2 above prolly to be safe. Some mods factory setting is 3.2V some 3.0, but can get a bit more run time by making that adjustment.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think you'll find that for regulated, if it fits 217, 207 will also fit.

I'd recommend 217's if getting a single battery one, they've came a long way since 207 was established.

Single battery DNA color screen isn't known for the best battery run time. It isn't bad, and there are varying factors. 75C's are my only single 21700 battery mods.(3)(+2-2x18650)
.4 is in my wheelhouse. When at that resistance I use less than 40W. More like 30 or less and I've used Vapecell G50 12-15A with great run time and runs cool. Its a Samsung rewrap but the Samsung label is/wasn't available (50G).
Just bought some batteries and switched to 50S. Mooch rates them at a temp limiting 35A, 25A continuous, and over 5100 mAh vs VC's G50 5000. I switched because I find myself sometimes wanting to up the wattage a bit but with the wrong battery(amps) in the mod. So these 50S keeps me from having to swap. They've been exc for regulated with great run time. I vape a lot, 20-25ml a day. I always thought mods should have a vape timer instead of a puff counter. I'll put a fresh battery in late evening.

Here's a good deal on a nice mod. I dare say ya can't find another new DNA C mod for $67. Very well made. Aluminum body, SS top/bottom/tube. One color left of the 3 variants. It's been out 2 1/2 yrs, surprised I ran across it a while back.

I have the gunmetal
View attachment 203034
View attachment 203035
Thank you, I might just pull the trigger and get that one, I'd still like to find a well recommended dual battery but I really like that one and don't mind the all black. I usually stay at 30 watt and use the 20700s that came with my ijoy, Sanyo NCR20700B, and debating on getting hohm tech Sherlock from element vape and my 18650s are all Samsung 25R

Last edited:

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The vandy vape gaur21, lost vape grus, dovpo odin,vapresso target, and top of my list is geek vape l200 along with the ZQ essent
Kind of thinking of getting a new rda and rebuildable tank to replace the loop and dead rabbit tank I've been using since I got the ijoy 5 years ago but don't know where to start besides just watching reviews, I don't keep track of latest and greatest like most on here I just do it to keep off the cigarettes

Last edited:

Sunlight

Unlisted Vendor
Freemax Maxus 100W and SMOK Fortis 80W- devices that match the 18650, 20700, and even 21700 batteries. These devices feature very nice tanks and enable vast steam. Both have Type-C ports, so the battery will be charged fastly.

Last edited:

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
U would probably like the geekvape L200.

Also the guar 21
I finally decided to go with the l200 classic but all the websites that I'm looking at it on say 21700 or 2X700, I can't find anything that positively says it works works with 20700. I also watched quite a few videos on it but they never mention working on 20700 either. I don't want to order it and find out my batteries won't work or is there something I'm missing?

Do you know for sure if it works on 20700 batteries?

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Yes, yere might be some slight rattle because of the stighly smaller diameter, can be fixed with electrical tape or thicker battery wraps if u notice it
2x700 = 20700 or 21700 (in this case)

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, yere might be some slight rattle because of the stighly smaller diameter, can be fixed with electrical tape or thicker battery wraps if u notice it
2x700 = 20700 or 21700 (in this case)
Thank you, I might add a couple 21700s to the order just to have them. I just really want to make sure that my batteries were going to work. If they weren't I was going to go ahead and order the guar-21 but really like the look of the l200 better

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you, I might add a couple 21700s to the order just to have them. I just really want to make sure that my batteries were going to work. If they weren't I was going to go ahead and order the guar-21 but really like the look of the l200 better

I've had a couple of mods that specified that they worked with 20700. 21700s would not work in them because the diameter is slightly larger than a 20700, and tolerance inside the battery compartment was tight. I've never had a 2x700 mod that wouldn't work with a 20700, and I've owned at least 20 of them.

Most specifically, the GeekVape Aegis Max was for 2x700, and I successfully use both 20700 and 21700 batteries in the two units I have.

One caution I would give is that, if your new mod has a battery cap that threads on and twists into place, don't crank it down too hard. That can cause warping in the middle of the positive pin on the battery, and pretty soon you'll have problems with the battery making a good connection.

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had a couple of mods that specified that they worked with 20700. 21700s would not work in them because the diameter is slightly larger than a 20700, and tolerance inside the battery compartment was tight. I've never had a 2x700 mod that wouldn't work with a 20700, and I've owned at least 20 of them.

Most specifically, the GeekVape Aegis Max was for 2x700, and I successfully use both 20700 and 21700 batteries in the two units I have.

One caution I would give is that, if your new mod has a battery cap that threads on and twists into place, don't crank it down too hard. That can cause warping in the middle of the positive pin on the battery, and pretty soon you'll have problems with the battery making a good connection.
Thank you, I finally found one website that said 20700. And the l200 is a battery door so no over tightening which I always try to stay away from anyway.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If you do get 217's for regulated mod, I recommend Samsung 50S

mreeveshp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Came in the mail today, batteries worked like everyone said. I'm just surprised how big it is compared to my ijoy diamond. But man does it look nice, I don't normally go for that rainbow metal color except on a fountain pen I got but it just looked too cool to pass

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Came in the mail today, batteries worked like everyone said. I'm just surprised how big it is compared to my ijoy diamond. But man does it look nice, I don't normally go for that rainbow metal color except on a fountain pen I got but it just looked too cool to pass

Thats why i vote it better than ones like the guar. Aegis does a really good job with holdabilty in their mods with the paracrically trademark grip, which is important when they have the weight of 2 21700s

VU Sponsors