Become a Patron!

Trump's crackdown on flavored vaping products unlikely to take effect soon

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sharpening the axe. He's going to get shit info from shitheads - and this won't address the issues, (almost all of which dumbasses buying from guys in raincoats on the street and then... dope.).

Pfft.. screwed.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This means we have time to prepare. We should be thinking about networking on this forum, imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
The last sentence of the article caught my attention. Hopefully whatever happens, this will be true. Quoted below for reference.

The FDA would allow tobacco flavored e-cigarettes to remain available for adults trying to wean themselves off other tobacco products.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Of course they work - doctors and pharma and the FDA say-so. Didn't you get the memo?

I’m not sure which are the worst. I tried lozenges right before I finally decided to vape again, and they were horrible. I was dying to smoke and I was nauseous from them.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Of course they work - doctors and pharma and the FDA say-so. Didn't you get the memo?
They don't work immediately, though... you just have to keep trying them enough times and don't give up so easily. I.e., after Johnson and Johnson (Nicorette) and Pfizer (Champix) took all your money, that's when they'll finally work (due to your no longer being able to afford smoking cigs). :D

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The last sentence of the article caught my attention. Hopefully whatever happens, this will be true. Quoted below for reference.

The FDA would allow tobacco flavored e-cigarettes to remain available for adults trying to wean themselves off other tobacco products.

Gee, what a novel idea! "Let's put an age limit on this stuff. What a great idea! Why didn't we think of this before?" Because 90% of our politicians are assholes and idiots.

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trump hints that he may not be against banning ALL vaping:
President says he 'likes' the alternative to cigarettes but wants to make it SAFE
and kept away from children

Here's an idea I just had. I must say I've never seen this before, so I insist any use of it be attributed to me.

Let's take every damn child in the US and put them someplace safe. I'm thinking Minnesota, Michigan or one of those other states no one uses. We kick out whoever is there now, build a camp to end all camps, fill it up with stuff that is Government approved , FDA, OSHA, FCC, NASA, CIA, etc and leave the little fucks there til they're 21. That's when we can trust them to fuck, drink, smoke and kill. Then we send them into the military for a minimum of 6 years to help recoup the cash it took to keep them safe. If we do this, then the rest of us...the vast majority of the citizens... can be free to fuck, drink, smoke and kill without having to worry about all those precious children.

Yea, that's the ticket. You can all thank me now.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
They don't work immediately, though... you just have to keep trying them enough times and don't give up so easily. I.e., after Johnson and Johnson (Nicorette) and Pfizer (Champix) took all your money, that's when they'll finally work (due to your no longer being able to afford smoking cigs). :D

I tried lozenges from here and Canada, they’re terrible! I’m not sure how I didn’t smoke for 3 weeks, since my stomach was a disaster every time I took one.
The pills are good if you’re looking to have a psychotic break. I wasn’t brave enough for them.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
https://babylonbee.com/news/more-e-...SHeYZJyHQIibEULvaGoSbJrpVZQDc9XRqmtzTKpOl_v3I
article-4806-1.jpg
P.S. This is satire. :)

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried lozenges from here and Canada, they’re terrible! I’m not sure how I didn’t smoke for 3 weeks, since my stomach was a disaster every time I took one.
The pills are good if you’re looking to have a psychotic break. I wasn’t brave enough for them.

Just watching Nicorette spray being advertised here constantly on TV in view of the fact vaping ads were banned here made both my stomach and my brain turn upside down, both at the same time. Hitting the mute button on the remote whilst chucking big clouds at the TV always works against those spray ads, though... I only tried their gum one time, spat it out after 20 seconds because of how vile it was, felt my stomach protest for the next couple of hours, and just threw away the packet. Nicorette gum is what made me promise to myself to never ever attempt to quit smoking again. This happened some time during the 1990s. I did not attempt to quit smoking again after that excepting only one time, cold turkey for about a week in 2006. The irony is that I had no intention to quit smoking at the time when I picked up vaping out of pure curiousness in January 2017. Right off the bat, vaping just felt, tasted, and smelled so much better than smoking cigs, and, ever since my first vaping puffs on my newly bought RDA with handbuilt coils back then, going back to smoking cigs never even crossed my mind. Ever. Like throwing a light switch.

It pains me to see so many new vapers struggle with dual use and relapse after they fall victim to dual use. A recent study revealed that stop smoking success rates not only are doubled if going for vaping instead of going for nicotine patches, but also are quadrupled if going for vaping in cohort with counseling instead of going for nicotine patches. But IMO the counseling part is where there's still big room for improvement because not a lot of people who want to try vaping nowadays are being encouraged to properly consider jumping head first into choosing a quality RDA with quality handbuilt coils. I.e., in a lot of cases, these people get stuck with dual use even when it's not warranted. (It's recommended to them because it's popular, and, the reason why it's so popular is because it's recommended to them by clever salesmen looking to make a quick sale and by those who fell into the same trap because they never actually tried anything else after it was recommended to them, they don't know where to look and/or are too lazy and/or stubborn to try to look, or there simply wasn't anything else available to them at the time when they switched to vaping several many years ago so now they still continue to fail to recommend anything else simply BECAUSE that didn't exist yet, and so they just use that for their lame excuse to justify their recommendation like happens typically on ecf that you could ask yourself why aren't they recommending nicotine patches just for the fact once upon a time vaping didn't exist yet, either... I mean... you already know what I mean. :giggle:)

That said, dual use might still turn out to be any given person's only viable option after all, and that also will happen in a lot of cases of course because of course we're all different, but there is no way for this same person to be sure if he/she didn't at least try to avoid dual use immediately from the start, by going for the type of setup that is known (or known mostly by those who did manage to completely avoid dual use) to give the best chance to, right off the bat, avoid dual use altogether. Also IMO, in vaping, dual use is THE primary cause of relapsing back to smoking cigs, and, that's what makes this particular piece of advice so important IMO, and, this is despite that not every smoker who switches to vaping factually is capable to avoid dual use like I said. AFAIK pretty much all those who, like me, have proven capable to do it are people who started out with an RDA with handbuilt coils at above 50 watts or even much higher, not MTL nor MTL-like. (I started at 80 watts.) Another reason why I think this piece of advice is so important is simply because, when vaping was compared to nicotine patches, the stop smoking success rate of vaping turned out to be still only 18% so if we're going to improve this, more people are going to have to start to accept that the time has come to stop listening to those who recommend the same old shit all the time like they do on ecf.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's an idea I just had. I must say I've never seen this before, so I insist any use of it be attributed to me.

Let's take every damn child in the US and put them someplace safe. I'm thinking Minnesota, Michigan or one of those other states no one uses. We kick out whoever is there now, build a camp to end all camps, fill it up with stuff that is Government approved , FDA, OSHA, FCC, NASA, CIA, etc and leave the little fucks there til they're 21. That's when we can trust them to fuck, drink, smoke and kill. Then we send them into the military for a minimum of 6 years to help recoup the cash it took to keep them safe. If we do this, then the rest of us...the vast majority of the citizens... can be free to fuck, drink, smoke and kill without having to worry about all those precious children.

Yea, that's the ticket. You can all thank me now.

I hope no one from MN or MI reads this. Lol You sound like a NY’er saying that about other states.

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hope no one from MN or MI reads this. Lol You sound like a NY’er saying that about other states.

Close...Boston. That being said, when I learned what flyover states meant and that people from the coasts were using that to dismiss all of those people, that's when I started doubting voting democrat. When Clinton called all those people "The deplorables..." that's when I became a Republican...no shit.

Did you know that only 5% of the US is developed? We got enough room for every kid in the world. We could make money from raising other people's kids! We could learn em good.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Close...Boston. That being said, when I learned what flyover states meant and that people from the coasts were using that to dismiss all of those people, that's when I started doubting voting democrat. When Clinton called all those people "The deplorables..." that's when I became a Republican...no shit.

Did you know that only 5% of the US is developed? We got enough room for every kid in the world. We could make money from raising other people's kids! We could learn em good.

I’m in NY and I really don’t even know where most states are. But, then again I was at a site that asked me to find my state on a map (with no names) and it took a while! Lol
It’s crazy that only 5% is developed, since cities are more crowded now. In the last 15 years or so, NYC is so much more crowded and dirty. It’s like that Ghostbusters movie with the pink slime under the streets and all. :teehee:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m in NY and I really don’t even know where most states are. But, then again I was at a site that asked me to find my state on a map (with no names) and it took a while! Lol
It’s crazy that only 5% is developed, since cities are more crowded now. In the last 15 years or so, NYC is so much more crowded and dirty. It’s like that Ghostbusters movie with the pink slime under the streets and all. :teehee:

My wife was born in London then at 4 her family moved to NYC. She grew up in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. When she was 15 they moved to Atlanta. Just about every person I've met from NYC has rubbed me the wrong way, and I them. Just something about New Yorkers and Bostonians not connecting. I don't understand it as we're all kind, understanding quite and gentle souls.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My wife was born in London then at 4 her family moved to NYC. She grew up in Crown Heights, Brooklyn. When she was 15 they moved to Atlanta. Just about every person I've met from NYC has rubbed me the wrong way, and I them. Just something about New Yorkers and Bostonians not connecting. I don't understand it as we're all kind, understanding quite and gentle souls.

My sister went to BU and then moved there with her hubs. I’m not sure why NY’ers rub you the wrong way, but then I don’t like many of them now!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for posting this Tom, I was wondering where we stood in this mess. Since they are banning stuff in the name of health of the kids why don't they ban McDonald's and all the junk food that's destroying the health of youth today? Or glyphosate that's proven to give cancer, oh right:facepalm: that's big money, they know it wasn't industry standard juice thats causing the problem.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Trump hints that he may not be against banning ALL vaping:
President says he 'likes' the alternative to cigarettes but wants to make it SAFE
and kept away from children
This is what I'm hoping. That when the nut cuttin' comes, it's not all that bad. He's been known for backing away from some things.
If banning flavored e-cigarettes it would have to be prefilled pods. Otherwise it's banning flavored juice.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This is what I'm hoping. That when the nut cuttin' comes, it's not all that bad. He's been known for backing away from some things.
If banning flavored e-cigarettes it would have to be prefilled pods. Otherwise it's banning flavored juice.

It seems like he’s trying to make both sides in this happy.

VU Sponsors