Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
This could be Bad!

https://www.foxla.com/news/trump-to-propose-ban-on-flavorings-used-in-e-cigarettes

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump says his administration will propose banning thousands of flavors used in e-cigarettes amid an outbreak of breathing problems tied to vaping.

State and federal health authorities are investigating hundreds of breathing illnesses reported in people who have used e-cigarettes and other vaping devices.

No single device, ingredient or additive has been identified.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar says the Food and Drug Administration will develop guidelines to remove all e-cigarette flavors from the market, especially those favored by children.

The FDA regulates e-cigarettes and has authority to ban vaping flavors, but has resisted calls to take that step.

Instead, the agency has said it is studying the role of flavors in vaping products, including whether they help adult smokers quit traditional cigarettes.

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Not sure on the DIY flavors or nicotine.

They can't do anything to most DIY flavors as they are also used for making candy, drinks, etc but flavor mfg's like Flavorah might have a problem.

Nicotine is the BIG problem here. Very unlikely that they will ban it but they will probably limit the concentration % you can buy and of course tax the absolute hell out of it

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As long as the nic base is still available we’ll be fine. Capella is not going out of business. It’s been 10 years and my beloved wife still needs her goddamned Cinnamon Swirl. I pretty much snus 90% of the time now. But still need my grape in the REO at night. Lol

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wtactualf..... I'm speechless. Lots of people are going to be screwed. From business to consumers. I need to get my finances in order for the week, send some money to some members here for juice, and get some orders placed for supplies to start hopefully making my own before many more regulations are put into effect. I drug my feet a little too long thinking this kind of thing would never really happen. Now im pooping a little in my pants at the thought of just how much these bans are going to effect.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Are they talking flavoring ingredient ban?
I don’t think so. Not yet, anyway. They won’t figure that out until a flourishing black market evolves and people that don’t know what they’re doing/care start making liquid. And selling it.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don’t think so. Not yet, anyway. They won’t figure that out until a flourishing black market evolves and people that don’t know what they’re doing/care start making liquid. And selling it.
I hate to be ever the doomsayer, but seeing the incidents of terrible health disasters increase exponentially as people turn to the black market and the street and to get their juice and nicotine is probably what will have to happen.

The hidden blessing in that would be that the general public might begin puzzling over how the "vape related" illnesses and deaths are exploding now that it's banned.

Yeah dummies. That's because "off brand" garbage is where the problem was in the first place and now it's the only source.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Take a look at this recent TV show from down under.
"don't know enough" typically means: BAN IT! SATAN!
If you really "don't know" then you watch, wait and record - the idiot-deaths (Darwin awards) this year are a drop in the bucket, and we already know it was illicit street-crap. (There was ONE case that sounds like product-tampering to me, but the rest is obvious).

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"don't know enough" typically means: BAN IT! SATAN!
If you really "don't know" then you watch, wait and record - the idiot-deaths (Darwin awards) this year are a drop in the bucket, and we already know it was illicit street-crap. (There was ONE case that sounds like product-tampering to me, but the rest is obvious).
I don't think you watched that video :)

bikerboogieman

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I'm really pissed about this as are all of us. Don't know if there is a vaping lobby, but if there is, they better get off their ass and make a stand against this. Gonna do another juice order to get a few bottles of the ones I love in the event I can't get them anymore. Guess they would rather us all smoke cigarettes and smoke . Nothing like making spur of the moment decisions without all the facts that will effect millions. I'd wager those that got ill or died are less than 1% of the entire vaping community. Why don't they do this with prescription drugs??? Why not ban vehicles??? I bet more die annually in car crashes than do vaping. This is insane. Nothing but a bunch of hypocrites. If Trump caves and goes through with this, pardon my french, FUCK him.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
for the love of God, we gotta stop being sheeple here.
vote this dipshit that was born with a silver spoon in his big fat mouth, and everyone else opposed to freedom, out of office.
its literally that simple.
stop voting for partisanship and familiarity and vote for efficiency and productivity.
be like the americans of 200+ years ago that didnt take shit from anyone and dont be a member of the sheeple.
As for Trump..."drain the swamp" my ass.
smdh
he wallows in it.
you know damn well this is big pharma, big tobacco, and big government at work here.
well, maybe a few scared soccer moms scared because their kids vape and writing letters too. but mostly greed.

Last edited:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was actually considering selling all my vape gear but based on this I think I will keep it. I have nic and my coil wire. I don't think flavors to make juice will be an issue so I am good. If I ever wanted to start again I would be ready.

They couldn't taste the pie that just hit them in the face. We know this caused by thc or illegal vapes, etc. They will never figure that out until laws are passed and moneys have passed hands.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Vaping concerns PTA
Knowledge eludes them
Big Tobacco smiles

(my redneck haiku attempt to convey an opinion without going on a 1000 word rampage)

I think we're heading toward "closed pod systems-only" dominated by Big Tobacco; the only manufacturers that can afford to clear the regulatory hurdles.

Anybody else shopping for eliquid by the liter today? derp

Hang in there mates.
585ADF59-9180-4785-A1BC-9A50185013EA.jpeg

Dbreezy187

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So this ban we're talking about you can't buy it kind of ban not like I'm riding dirty because I'm blowing clouds out the window possibly getting pulled over and thrown in jail for violating probation just for vaping right

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
for the love of God, we gotta stop being sheeple here.
vote this dipshit that was born with a silver spoon in his big fat mouth, and everyone else opposed to freedom, out of office.
its literally that simple.
stop voting for partisanship and familiarity and vote for efficiency and productivity.
be like the americans of 200+ years ago that didnt take shit from anyone and dont be a member of the sheeple.
As for Trump..."drain the swamp" my ass.
smdh
he wallows in it.
you know damn well this is big pharma, big tobacco, and big government at work here.
well, maybe a few scared soccer moms scared because their kids vape and writing letters too. but mostly greed.

If you are basing your vote for president on your vape-life, you really shouldn't be voting at all.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not the last word on anything, but as bad as this is, in my view, it's not quite time to panic just yet. Making an announcement is not the same as working out how to give it feet on mainstreet and the monstrous bureaucracy that is the U.S. government takes 6 months to blow it's own nose. No details are in place and this hamhanded move on the part of the Mi governor and the President is one of the least efficient ways to do anything out of the many impressively inefficient ways they do EVERYthing.

As always, I could be wrong, but I think it may take a while for them to actually deny anybody the ability to vape. Even flavors. Maybe.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not the last word on anything, but as bad as this is, in my view, it's not quite time to panic just yet. Making an announcement is not the same as working out how to give it feet on mainstreet and the monstrous bureaucracy that is the U.S. government takes 6 months to blow it's own nose. No details are in place and this hamhanded move on the part of the Mi governor and the President is one of the least efficient ways to do anything out of the many impressively inefficient ways they do EVERYthing.

As always, I could be wrong, but I think it may take a while for them to actually deny anybody the ability to vape. Even flavors. Maybe.
Oh..let's face it if those kids hadn't poisened themselves the FDA would have invented them out of thin air...they've been gunning for us for years...they refuse to see reason, because reason isn't profitable to those who goveren us, from the corporations to the political class who see a big fat tax cow to milk...these kids are just the excuse they needed to start their refer madness bullshit up....Hell you can go to Seattle and the goverment damn near shoots drugs into your arm if you ask them to...but vape?...oh God no....the goverment isn't interested in saving lives or helping people, they are into farming human cattle.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Media, Dr's, and other anti-vapers that people see/hear/listen to, have convinced the majority of citizens to have a negative outlook on vaping, instead of reality. Blaming vaping is like blaming the paper and the filter, but not the tobacco. Or putting poison in a glass of wine then blaming the glass of wine.
More younger people are vaping (altho some is instead of cigarettes).
Majority blames vaping for the negatives we see, because of those anti-vapers and media.

A President nor any one person (perhaps Gottlieb) came up with vaping ban plans or a "ban proposal". Before blaming, what sitting President would go against what the FDA, Health and Human Services, CDC, citizen majority wants, as it pertains to banning flavors ???

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Media, Dr's, and other anti-vapers that people see/hear/listen too have convinced the majority of citizens to have a negative outlook on vaping, instead of reality. Blaming vaping is like blaming the paper and the filter, but not the tobacco. Or putting poison in a glass of wine then blaming the glass of wine.
Majority blames vaping for the negatives we see in media.

A President nor any one person (perhaps Gottlieb) came up with vaping ban plans.
Before blaming, what sitting President would go against what the FDA, Health and Human Services, CDC, citizen majority wants, as it pertains to banning flavors ???
There is alot of truth there....90% of all news outlets in America are owned by 6 multinational corporations...if we had an honest media instead of "fake news" corporate propoganda mills...The public would have been told the truth about vaping years ago..instead our media pushes lies and fear mongering to manufacture consent, and get the slaves to actually beg for the chains to be put around their necks and thank their slave master for his benevolence...look at the pieces of shit who call themselves journalists they still can't tell us exactlly what it is causing these "mysterious" illnesses...but then what do you expect from a media who tells us to buy into the idea that Jeffery Epstien committed suicide while his gaurds took a nap and the only two cameras in the entire prison that were broken were watching Epstien's cell.....and this is what they call journalisim.....shilling propoganda for the elites.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh..let's face it if those kids hadn't poisened themselves the FDA would have invented them out of thin air...they've been gunning for us for years...they refuse to see reason, because reason isn't profitable to those who goveren us, from the corporations to the political class who see a big fat tax cow to milk...these kids are just the excuse they needed to start their refer madness bullshit up....Hell you can go to Seattle and the goverment damn near shoots drugs into your arm if you ask them to...but vape?...oh God no....the goverment isn't interested in saving lives or helping people, they are into farming human cattle.
I don't know if I'd phrase everything exactly the way you do, but your driving thesis is certainly correct. Government is anything other than of the people, by the people, for the people in this country and hasn't been for a very long time.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Media, Dr's, and other anti-vapers that people see/hear/listen to, have convinced the majority of citizens to have a negative outlook on vaping, instead of reality. Blaming vaping is like blaming the paper and the filter, but not the tobacco. Or putting poison in a glass of wine then blaming the glass of wine.
Majority blames vaping for the negatives we see, because of those anti-vapers and media.

A President nor any one person (perhaps Gottlieb) came up with vaping ban plans or a "ban proposal". Before blaming, what sitting President would go against what the FDA, Health and Human Services, CDC, citizen majority wants, as it pertains to banning flavors ???
This is why I've consistently said that the only long term hope in this is if public awareness and opinion could be changed in such a way as to actually impact the outcome of elections.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is why I've consistently said that the only long term hope in this is if public awareness and opinion could be changed in such a way as to actually impact the outcome of elections.
We are probablly the only country in the developed world that doesn't have voter ID...we just got through watching Hilary and Obama weaponize the FBI and the CIA to try and rig a presidental election and lie to a FISA court, and when that didn't work they tried to sell a bullshit myth of Natasha and Boris hiding under people's beds, in a pathetic attempt to overturn a legal election.....I don't know about you, but my faith in the integrity of our elections is pretty low.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I think it would be the funniest thing ever if flavors do get banned but no one stops selling them.

Kind of like how it's "illegal" to sell a vaping product that came onto the market after 08/08/2016.
Have you seen anything online that old for sale?
Unless it's in the clearance section EVERYTHING on the market is post 08/08/2016.

Shit, most is post 2018

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We are probably the only country in the developed world that doesn't have voter ID...we just got through watching Hilary and Obama weaponize the FBI and the CIA to try and rig a presidential election and lie to a FISA court, and when that didn't work they tried to sell a bullshit myth of Natasha and Boris hiding under people's beds, in a pathetic attempt to overturn a legal election.....I don't know about you, but my faith in the integrity of our elections is pretty low.
It would require the collusion of too many people in too many different places with too many conflicting interests to systematically overthrow an election.

I wouldn't put it past a key district or maybe even a swing state with sufficient enough party control to play fast and loose with the vote count though. Don't forget the debacle of the Florida recount in the 2000 election between GWB and Al Gore.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It would require the collusion of too many people in too many different places with too many conflicting interests to systematically overthrow an election.
Careful you don't flip the switch on....:)
I think it would be the funniest thing ever if flavors do get banned but no one stops selling them.
Kind of like how it's "illegal" to sell a vaping product that came onto the market after 08/08/2016.
That would probably be the time they finally blame the juice instead of the device itself since they could beat up on the supplier for anything from a headache to lung cancer.

I'd like to see a work around besides DIY. Maybe it's pg/vg/nic blend in a bottle then pick a flavor shot.

Irked Particle

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Glad to see everyone here talking about this. I would say something, but so far I agree with much of what everyone has already said.

Plus I just got done typing a freaking novel in the thread above this one, so I'm going to bed.

I'll be back tomorrow, though. Until then, take care everyone, & maybe stock up... :)

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
first i dont think the ban would be enforceable to many shops and sources for raw ingredients for said flavors....
second even if they could then all the juice makers have to do is make a unflavored base and a flavor shot or even just a flavor shot for the tobacco flavor that is not blocked that would mask the tobacco flavor a bit. .
third china will always find a way to get things to us just sometimes it might get checked and tossed or sent back.
forth to much man power to stop the sale of current stocks most likely the ban will be for the store to restock or the labs to mix and send it to the warehouse. the lab juices wont risk there licensing selling if the also sell other things to other industries. but the in house labs with just rebrand and change marketing.

worse case is there will be a diy underground of trusted blenders and alot of back ally exchanges .

i suspect this is so Big T can make more money on the IQOS. those are expensive as fuck and not worth it.

if for some reason i cant vape i will be dammed to smoke an analog , i will just have to get my aromatherapy on.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The president does not have the authority to ban any consumer product. Who knows, maybe he doesn't want vaping banned, that he actually endorses it. His plan is for the democrats to now, in their reliable knee-jerk fashion, fight to keep it unregulated. He puts up a bit of a fuss then says ok, you win. This is not beyond the realm of possibility. Nonetheless, he can't make it illegal, but he surely can get the ears of those who could.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/51649/walsh-media-claim-theres-vaping-crisis-and-matt-walsh

VU Sponsors