Become a Patron!
Hello everyone,

I recently bought a Smok gx2/4 mod from a friend and as stupid as I am, I removed one battery while it was unlocked. My firmware seems to be hurt because of that. The screen stays black, no matter what I do. I can vape, but the screen doesnt work. I thought of Stealthmode, but even when I click 3 times to get into the options nothing is visible.

Because of that I went to smoketech.com and downloaded the upgrade tool GX2/4 v1.0.10 from there. I followed the instructions clearly and did nothing wrong ( according to the manual givin with the program). But now the mod does not work at all. Batteries are charged and put in correctly, I checked that a million times.

I use a valyrian head, if that is important.
I really need help with this one.
Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad English.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Firstly, removing the batteries while the mod is unlocked should not have caused any issues. I don't think I've ever 'locked' a device before removing the batteries. Are you using the device in dual battery configuration or 4 battery configuration? If you are using it with 4 batteries, try using it in dual battery configuration. It could be possible that there is a bad connection.

When you connect the mod to the computer via the USB, does the computer/software detect it? Also note, you must use the USB cable they include. I remember a while back I tried updating a mod and would never work until I realized I had to use the included USB and not my own. I updated mine with batteries in the device. I could not get the device to complete the update without the batteries in. Maybe try re-installing the firmware.

Let me know how it turns out for you. Worst case scenario, contact SMOK Support team and see what they have to say.

First of all, thanks a lot for the reply. I use the 4 battery set up usually, but I tried both and both don't work.

I believe it was the original smok website that stated 3 reasons for the display not to work (Stealth mode, removing batteries, broken display), but I highly doubt that the firmware was damaged as well. However, now it obviously seems to have taken harm because of my tries of updating it.

Have you used the NuMicro ISP Programming tool once? If so, do you have an how I can remove the path I selected for data flash? I accidently selected the file I was supposed to select for aprom for data flash and now I cannot get rid of it.

With my own usb cable my vape connected and updated that (visually) fine, but I guess I will ask my friend for the original one then and try it again. How do I reinstall the frimware? With the NuMicro ISP Programming tool - Erase All and then aprom and config? (I hope it is understandable what I am trying to say)

Thank you a lot for your help, I might reply once again if it works again :)

Turns out my friend lost the proof of purchase which means Smok support is no option for me. I really need help on the NuMicro ISP Programming tool because I cant romove the file I selected for DataFlash. I deleted and redownloaded the software multiple times, but it still stays there.

VU Sponsors