Become a Patron!

Troll v2 recommendations to improve flavor?

Hi all, I'm new to the site so forgive me if I make any faux pas! I've been vaping for several months and finally invested in an RDA (not much, got the v2 because I found it cheap and I liked the velocity style deck) to up my build game. Unfortunately, it's not even coming close flavor wise to my Crown RBA (I use 5 2.5mm spaced wraps of 24 gauge ss for that). I'm here to ask what factors you think are most important for flavor and if anyone has a build they recommend? Specifically, thoughts on coil position in relation to airflow vents (distance, higher/lower), wicking methods, airflow restriction (maybe a new drip tip? Using the chuff it came with). I'm hoping to achieve a higher vapor:air ratio. Post of my current build and setup below. Thanks!

Last edited:
I'm using 8 wraps of 24 gauge ss around a 1/8" nail. Reading 0.18 ohms. Juice is 65vg. I didn't wick it very tightly and left the cotton a little long to get down into the well. Running at lowest setting (3.6V) on Tesla Invader III, so about 72 watts.

Attachments

• 20160626_102214-01.jpeg
    20160626_102214-01.jpeg
    293.2 KB · Views: 34

blink.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try a different cotton brand (I like cotton bacon). Your coil setup sounds fine for flavor...maybe use a 3mm coil size to get more cotton in there.

I'm using some cheap organic stuff at the moment. I haven't tried Cotton Bacon yet but it's on the list. I tried the Scottish roll method with the cheap stuff and that bumped up the flavor by a lot! It seems a bit wasteful though so I'm trying the sushi roll next time.

VU Sponsors