Become a Patron!

Traveling with my Mod through security...

Probably been asked before, but I'm assuming that I can break my mod/tank down into pieces and place in my check in luggage, I gather it's only my batteries that need to be on my carry on?

I'll be travelling around the Asia/Pacific Region.

J

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Probably been asked before, but I'm assuming that I can break my mod/tank down into pieces and place in my check in luggage, I gather it's only my batteries that need to be on my carry on?

I'll be travelling around the Asia/Pacific Region.

J
CHECK IN LUGGAGE Yes break down your rba, tank, mods etc and keep with your shaving gear. Also take off juice labels on bottles or transfer to clear bottles. BATS, need to be carried on carry on in protected cases.

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Check the airline's guidelines. I was traveling from the US to Canada a couple months ago and they actually specified on their site what is allowed in your checked baggage and what is allowed on your carry-on. It says "e-cigarettes and e liquids" are allowed in your carry on. It said all of your liquids (including ejuices) need to all fit in a 1L ziplock bag for it to be allowed in your carry on. So I filled up a 1L ziplock bag with juices and put everything else that didn't fit into my checked baggage. I brought back probably 20-30 juices and I didn't take off any of the labels. It didn't say I needed to. I also brought back 4 mods and like 5 tanks, which I also put in my carry on. I didn't have an issue.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Went from the US to Germany in December, stored all my gear broken down in a zip lock bag, didn't remove stickers because then they will have to test the liquid, since everybody can say its just for vaping, making them work more and if I learned one thing, never piss off airport security or/and customs lol.

The Issue they did have tho were the batteries, they even kept them saying its a risk on long flights like that. Fine for me just got new ones as I stopped in France, apparently inside Europe it wasn't problematic enough and they let me keep them in my bag as I entered the connection flight. My ego aio pen on the other hand, no issues what so ever. They just hate 18650s? Lol

So make sure you read the guidelines or call and ask if not certain.

VU Sponsors