Become a Patron!

Traveling questions

I am new to this forum so forgive me if I've posted in the wrong board.

I just had some questions in regards to traveling with my vape stuff.

So I frequently travel to America from Canada and have only gone there by flight in the past. I had absolutely no issues with traveling with my devices and juice.

This time, however, I'm traveling from Canada (specifically from Toronto) to New York by bus (Megabus). As far as I've been told by megabus, they have no issue with me carrying my vape juices and what not in my checked baggage, but they said I might run into trouble at us customs.

The last time I was there, a friend of mine gave me a few bottles, so now I'm returning the favour. That being said, I'll be carrying, give or take, about 15 bottles of juice in my checked bag, with and without nicotine. Is there going to be an issue at customs? Will I have my juices confiscated or will it be fine as long as I clearly declare them?

Thanks for reading!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

So I frequently travel to America from Canada and have only gone there by flight in the past. I had absolutely no issues with traveling with my devices and juice.

This time, however, I'm traveling from Canada (specifically from Toronto) to New York by bus (Megabus). As far as I've been told by megabus, they have no issue with me carrying my vape juices and what not in my checked baggage, but they said I might run into trouble at us customs.

The last time I was there, a friend of mine gave me a few bottles, so now I'm returning the favour. That being said, I'll be carrying, give or take, about 15 bottles of juice in my checked bag, with and without nicotine. Is there going to be an issue at customs? Will I have my juices confiscated or will it be fine as long as I clearly declare them?

Thanks for reading!
Welcome to the VU! :)

I'm not a traveler, but my understanding is that any juice crossing into Canada must be 0 nic. If it has nic in it, it's being confiscated at Customs.
I've not heard anything about crossing back into the US.

Maybe @TygerTyger could help you since she's from Cananda?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks for reading!
Hey there, welcome:) Here's a handy link
https://www.reddit.com/r/Canadian_e...ringing_ejuice_from_the_us_to_canada_driving/

Smokey1471

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Thanks for reading!
As for customs, i'm not exactly sure. U could go to the customs website and see if there's anything there. Hope everything works out for you! And welcome to VU!

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU! :)

I'm not a traveler, but my understanding is that any juice crossing into Canada must be 0 nic. If it has nic in it, it's being confiscated at Customs.
I've not heard anything about crossing back into the US.

Maybe @TygerTyger could help you since she's from Cananda?

This is a case of "it's only a problem if you get caught"...... I had TONS of juice shipped to me in Canada, and never ever had a problem. However, I'm aware of others that did have issues with Canada Customs seizing inbound product. For this reason, some vendors have made it their policy to only ship 0 nic to Canada to avoid problems.

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Thanks for reading!

I've only flown across the border with e-juice...... back and forth several times. I've never had an issue at Customs. I think as long as it's for "personal use" and not commercial, you should be ok....... but then I don't work for Customs for either country. Best of luck!!

VU Sponsors