Become a Patron!

Top Rated Batteries?

SiCkHiTrEg

Member For 1 Year
I am curious on some of the top rated 18650’s, 20700’s and 21700’s. I looked to find a list or something but was unsuccessful so if I did miss it I am sorry :)

Forgot to mention they are mostly used in single battery mech squonkers ;)

Last edited:

SiCkHiTrEg

Member For 1 Year
Nobody has any info? Using on single battery mechs. Was looking at the sony vtc5, 5a, and 6 probably? Are these better then the samsung 30q’s tht I have been using? Which hits harder?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Ahh yes now it comes clear around 2500 mah according to mooch.
He recently tested a really hot 21700 though. Forget which one.
Thanks for the clarification.

don't do FB so I pick up his recent news flashes on ECR usually or his videos.
Yeah, I don't really "do" Facebook either.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Vapecell has a Gold 20700, which is the same as Sony 20700A and those are tops for that size.
Samsung 30T for 21700 and they are pricey.
Take a look at the info Mooch has on the batteries in these sizes, so you know for example, not to get simply any gold wrapped Vapecell.

SiCkHiTrEg

Member For 1 Year
So the samsung 30t best 21700 we can get right now? Have a 21700 VA spade coming in and do not have a single 21700 battery available so need to grab some.

Also saw a 40t

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, I don't buy anything battery related without consulting mooch's advice, recommended vendors and testing first.

Misused batteries and electrics scare the fart out of me.
Yep I follow him and belong to his Patreon group.

I'll pimp out his Patreon group also and encourage everyone to join, a couple of bucks a month is so worth it to keep him going. He's literally saved our faces from being melted you know, isn't your face worth a couple of bucks a month?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
So the samsung 30t best 21700 we can get right now? Have a 21700 VA spade coming in and do not have a single 21700 battery available so need to grab some.

Also saw a 40t
Per Mooch 1 week ago.
"The cells I just tested from Enercig and IMRBatteries (two cells from each) performed better than the 30T’s I tested earlier. Right now this is the best performing cell available to us for higher power levels and unregulated/mech mod users. The 30T is a true 35A 3000mAh 21700 cell that hits harder than any other round battery we use."
On his earlier pulse graph, that I can't find right now, showed how 30T beat any other by a wide margin for that test. First pulse sag was to 3.75v and it stayed high without dropping much throughout that graph.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
On his earlier pulse graph, that I can't find right now, showed how 30T beat any other by a wide margin for that test. First pulse sag was to 3.75v and it stayed high without dropping much throughout that graph.
Samsung 30T 21700.PNG

SiCkHiTrEg

Member For 1 Year
Vapecell has a Gold 20700, which is the same as Sony 20700A and those are tops for that size.
Samsung 30T for 21700 and they are pricey.
Take a look at the info Mooch has on the batteries in these sizes, so you know for example, not to get simply any gold wrapped Vapecell.
Did you mean the sanyo 20700a where you said sony? Thats all that came up when looking up 20700 batteries.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Did you mean the sanyo 20700a where you said sony? Thats all that came up when looking up 20700 batteries.
Oh, yeah, sorry. It won't hold a 21700?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It won't hold a 21700?
It will.

32583376_974221612753165_2490690962750177280_n.jpg

SiCkHiTrEg

Member For 1 Year
Oh, yeah, sorry. It won't hold a 21700?
Na I was able to grab a few 21700 30t’s but also need some better 20700’s because the ijoys I have arent very good. Either way I can’t find those sanyo 20700a’s anywhere :(

Except out of battery packs and then you need to remove the weld.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Cool thanks man. I never really dealt with rewraps. Whats the deal with that?
I haven't bought any rewraps either, but I almost went with Vapcell for 21700 since it's the same battery as 30T. But 30T was available before I had a hard hitting use for that size.
There's only 3? maybe 4? manufacturers, the rest of what we see are originals bought by companies that put their label on them, at which point they may put false specs on the wrapper. Mooch gives us the low down on what's what with rewrapped/OEM specs.
With Mooch's workload, Vapcell pays him for their brand to go to the front of the testing line, and are a company that holds close to real specs and that alone makes them good in my book >>>>>>>>
at least for their Gold (Sanyo 20700A) and Purple (30T) batteries that we've been talking about here. They probably have good 18650's but OEM wrapped is available for those so I haven't looked at 'em.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Wait, I take that back, I bought a Golisi S35 21700 when it was the best 2170 going at that time for regulated.

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Na I was able to grab a few 21700 30t’s but also need some better 20700’s because the ijoys I have arent very good. Either way I can’t find those sanyo 20700a’s anywhere :(

Except out of battery packs and then you need to remove the weld.
Mooch has blessed them, I got them and they perform much better than the iJoy's
https://liionwholesale.com/products/vapcell-20700-3200mah-30a-battery?variant=8134854738014

VAPCELL 20700 GOLD/BLACK 30A FLAT TOP 3200MAH

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The link you posted is not the Sanyo NCR20700A rewrap... there exist two different Vapcell 20700 "gold" batteries. The one that reads 3200mAh on its wrap is the Sanyo A. The other one, i.e. the one that reads 3100mAh on its wrap, performs a tad worse. Despite that, the latter one still also outperforms both the iJoy 5-legged 20700 (and other rewraps of this same 5-legged 20700 battery manufactured by Molicel) and the VTC5A.

That said, I already gathered all the potentially useful links in my first reply to this thread. None of those factually matter now excepting only the 21700 ones because the mod the OP will be using can support 21700 as well as because there simply are no 20700 batteries currently available to us that outperform either the Samsung 30T or a rewrap thereof.

EDIT: Well except of course if the OP still plans to use various different mods [that he hasn't specified] at least one of which can support 20700, but can't support 21700. I own six of the Vapcell 20700 gold 30A 3100mAh ones... they are decent performers, and therefore can be a worthy alternative choice because the even better performing ones are often out of stock (or are being sold with a hefty price markup, or might not even be available anyway depending on where you live...), and also I prefer to buy my batteries from a vendor that's on Mooch's list of trusted vendors because trust matters.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The link you posted is not the Sanyo NCR20700A rewrap... there exist two different Vapcell 20700 "gold" batteries. The one that reads 3200mAh on its wrap is the Sanyo A. The other one, i.e. the one that reads 3100mAh on its wrap, performs a tad worse. Despite that, the latter one still also outperforms both the iJoy 5-legged 20700 (and other rewraps of this same 5-legged 20700 battery manufactured by Molicel) and the VTC5A.

That said, I already gathered all the potentially useful links in my first reply to this thread. None of those factually matter now excepting only the 21700 ones because the mod the OP will be using can support 21700 as well as because there simply are no 20700 batteries currently available to us that outperform either the Samsung 30T or a rewrap thereof.

EDIT: Well except of course if the OP still plans to use various different mods at least one of which can support 20700, but can't support 21700. I own six of the Vapcell 20700 gold 30A 3100mAh ones... they are decent performers, and therefore can be a worthy alternative choice because the even better performing ones are often out of stock (or are being sold with a hefty price markup, or might not even be available anyway depending on where you live...), and also I prefer to buy my batteries from a vendor that's on Mooch's list of trusted vendors because trust matters.
That Gold 3100mah must have been the precurser to the Black/Gold 3200 to which I alluded too by mentioning Liion Wholesale, and by others. If you want to clarify something, you can do it without pointing fingers. Also....
Yup, you linked some links, so did others.
When the TS says he's getting 30T's and still wants/needs 20700 then the plan for 2070 doesn't matter.....
..but you caught that one and edited your cover.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That Gold 3100mah must have been the precurser to the Black/Gold 3200 to which I alluded too by mentioning Liion Wholesale, and by others. If you want to clarify something, you can do it without pointing fingers. Also....
I wasn't pointing any fingers to anyone. Merely pointing out how, with so many different batteries to choose between and having so much info to process, stuff can easily get confusing.
Yup, you linked some links, so did others.
The OP asked which are the top rated 18650, 20700, and 21700 batteries for a single battery mech squonker. I gave an orderly and fairly complete overview of the top rated ones per battery size instead of just picking a few, althoug good, examples that simply won't very much help the OP make his own rational comparisons regarding the differences in performance between the different top rated batteries for how he wants to vape, and, because there might be availability issues with some of the batteries, I also included the rewraps that Mooch tested.
When the TS says he's getting 30T's and still wants/needs 20700 then the plan for 2070 doesn't matter.....
..but you caught that one and edited your cover.
The Samsung 2070C is a 20700 battery. It is also the best performing 20700 battery of them all, but as you probably can imagine it is very hard to come by for now, and, depending on where you live, so are the Sanyo A and the Vapcell rewrap thereof.

@SiCkHiTrEg

Hopefully this has cleared up the confusion.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The OP asked which are the top rated 18650, 20700, and 21700 batteries for a single battery mech squonker.
I gave an orderly and fairly complete overview of the top rated ones per battery size
instead of just picking a few, althoug good, examples that simply won't very much help the OP make his own rational comparisons regarding the differences in performance between the different top rated batteries for how he wants to vape.

The Samsung 2070C is a 20700 battery. with so many different batteries to choose between and having so much info to process, stuff can easily get confusing.
Yes, he did ! It was a good question and other's may want to refer to here for some of the same info.
And a good one it was and I agree with it.
The OP can decide that for themselves if any other links posted helped them or not.

2070 and 2170 were used for referencing those respective sizes back when Tesla got into making batteries for their cars and called 20700 2070, and why I used it as reference, however, since I see Sanyo has/will use 2070C on their label, I can use the full numbers when referencing a specific battery. Didn't dig very deep, but also didn't find anything on Samsung 2070C so maybe you can link that-
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...s-the-ncr20700a-estimated-30a-3500mah.863425/

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, he did ! It was a good question and other's may want to refer to here for some of the same info.
And a good one it was and I agree with it.
The OP can decide that for themselves if any other links posted helped them or not.
I didn't say the other links didn't help him, but rather, I said they won't very much help him make his own rational comparisons regarding the differences in performance between the different top rated batteries for how he wants to vape.

2070 and 2170 were used for referencing those respective sizes back when Tesla got into making batteries for their cars and called 20700 2070, and why I used it as reference, however, since I see Sanyo has/will use 2070C on their label, I can use the full numbers when referencing a specific battery. Didn't dig very deep, but also didn't find anything on Samsung 2070C so maybe you can link that-
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/t...s-the-ncr20700a-estimated-30a-3500mah.863425/
Yeah it is Sanyo, not Samsung.

SiCkHiTrEg

Member For 1 Year
All the info was pretty helpful from everyone honestly. I got 3 of the samsung 21700 30t’s for the 21700 spade coming in. I also grabbed some sony 18650 vtc5a’s to add to my samsung 30q’s for my original spade. Still looking to grab some 20700’s for some other mods. Im trying to find some of the sanyo 20700a’s but the really are hard to find. Everywhere is sold out lol. I am going to look today for them again and if no luck maybe look for rewraps.

Again I appreciate everyones help and information. You guys are awesome ;)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All the info was pretty helpful from everyone honestly. I got 3 of the samsung 21700 30t’s for the 21700 spade coming in. I also grabbed some sony 18650 vtc5a’s to add to my samsung 30q’s for my original spade. Still looking to grab some 20700’s for some other mods. Im trying to find some of the sanyo 20700a’s but the really are hard to find. Everywhere is sold out lol. I am going to look today for them again and if no luck maybe look for rewraps.

Again I appreciate everyones help and information. You guys are awesome ;)
The Sanyo NCR20700A is what I call a "ghost battery". It is nowhere to be found, and, at least for now the only rewrap of it AFAIK is the "3200mAh" Vapcell gold... also typically sold out everywhere.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really don’t know what this discussion is all about.
I just read his post and wanted to say scaredy-farts because I think it’s funny. Batteries have never caused them though, close call in vehicles traveling at a high rate of speed is the biggest culprit.
Most of that is caused by the nut that holds the steering wheel.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
3.5 years and zero vents from here.
And yep used mechs a fair bit.
As far as battery safety goes, there is no statistical value in either of these two statements. Human bias vs too small sample size. Not pointing at you or anyone in this thread, but the fucking datasheet of the VTC5A states 35A continuous discharge with a 80°C cut-off so logically I am forced to ask the pansies what well-engineered tube mech do they know that doesn't get so hot that they can no longer hold it in their hand because of how hot it gets a very long time before the battery surface temp ever reaches 80°C. That plus the fact I'm staying below 45°C battery surface temp, not 80°C battery surface temp, at .11 ohms on a single battery tube mech knowing full fucking well what I'm doing. Buttons getting pressed by accident for long periods and buttons getting stuck and remaining stuck for long periods are a risk factor. But that's only if you are a total pinhead... which isn't to say there exist no pinheads in our world. Localized heat inside the battery and fluctuations gone undetected in the battery manufacturing process do play a part, but that is part of the reason why I'm staying below 45°C battery surface temp, not 80°C battery surface temp... so the added risk resulting from what I'm doing is what I find more than acceptable to me. Another part of the reason I'm staying below 45°C is because above 45°C is where the batteries start aging faster so, to me, @Rooster Cogburn remark of "scaredy-farts" can very easily be justified. Just because someone doesn't understand what we're doing doesn't necessarily also mean we don't. Bottom line, comments of "stay at or below the CDR" should be addressed only towards those people who ask, i.e., the newcomers. After that, just let them find their own path from there. It doesn't mean we should all follow the same path. It also doesn't mean we should pay serious attention to those trying to scare people away from finding their own path. The scaremongers about the ohms are just drama queens, and the reality is that even Mooch has said so, at 1:45:10 in this video interview right here:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mooch also says that Vaping is not totally safe. From a power perspective not the medical one.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Breathing is safe, It is when you stop that the problem begins :)
That depends on things like what exactly it is you're about to inhale by breathing and what you can do to prevent yourself from inhaling certain stuff, e.g. temporarily holding your breath until you regain access to a non-toxic air supply. It would seem to me like you're already holding your breath in fear each time when someone on here starts mentioning even the possibility of going above the CDR on a mech anyway in the first place, especially after considering what Mooch himself has said about that particular subject in the video I linked. :)

VU Sponsors