Tools To Create More Advanced Coils

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks to all the guys who helped me in this thread. I just bought some UD 36g kanthal wire to get some claptons cooking! Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks to all the guys who helped me in this thread. I just bought some UD 36g kanthal wire to get some claptons cooking! Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.
Let me know how that UD wire turns out. There are some complaints on their Kanthal being very dirty. I'd like your input on it since you are getting it from an AU source.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Let me know how that UD wire turns out. There are some complaints on their Kanthal being very dirty. I'd like your input on it since you are getting it from an AU source.

Ah that's never a good thing. Once I've used it I'll report back to let you know.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My pal got this ,but cant remember where he said from a online US vape shop
3D printed ,with a proper ballbearing swivel inside , looks like the old SW that used to be in my Skateboard wheels or roller blades
929043c1b8bd2c8d55b56cc082772bc9.jpg
b53e8987a005682e74d345318d9d9137.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A couple things that might matter when it comes to drills, shaft accuracy and variable speed trigger. Not all but some drills the shaft with the chuck attached wobbles something fierce. Not sure if it's becoming more standard now or not but variable speed triggers are nice for finer control as are ones with a 2 speed clutch.

A lot of it depends on price and availability to fit within a budget, most people don't look forward to a $100+ drill for winding a few coils. Mine came as part of a kit but was on sale for $200 and I use it for tons of stuff. I'd probably look for something cheaper just to wind coils if I didn't use it for other things.

I guess if you're feeling brave and really wanna speed up those claptons, could always go with an air compressor and something like a straight die grinder with chuck or an IR pneumatic drill cranking at 20k rpms. :p

Baggie method is great I use spool gamers just to keep everything nice and tight on spool but take them off and use ziplocks almost closed with spools inside for claptoning. Also check out n.devine83 on YouTube hands down best tutorials works from same view you have and explains and shows every step soooo much better than any I’ve ever seen and I have watched a lot,well before I found this guy, he also speaks clearly and is concise

VU Sponsors