Become a Patron!

Too Much Air Regardless of Wattage or Tank

So sorry if I'm posting a question that's been asked. I searched the forum first but any question of air flow was returning posts that didn't resolve or pertain to my problem & I eventually gave up. 2 days ago my Alien 220 started giving me a lot of air & almost no vape. I turned up the wattage & managed to get some cloud but it came with a heavy dose of ejuice that burned my throat- as the nicotine tends to do (I'm using the vape as a method to quit smoking).
I typically use it with a 4.5ml baby prince tank but I've been experimenting since the trouble started. I have changed the coil multiple times, changed the O-rings (including the top barrier piece), switched back to a regular un-beveled tank, changed my settings; all to no avail.
Right now it has the smaller tank, new rings, new (primed) coil, the wattage is set to 'soft' at 65 & I'm getting almost no vape cloud at all. If I pull hard enough I get more but I also get juice.I've tried the normal & hard settings, changing the temp settings... It does nothing. I have also tried rotating the air flow valve but at the position I usually use it I get too much air & when I close it off enough to get some vape I also end up pulling much harder & either getting juice in my mouth or the cotton burns.

I'm really frustrated & finally broke down & bought some cigs because I couldn't figure this out. I thought at first it was an air pressure problem, then a cross-threading issue, then a tank seal issue, or maybe I bought knock off coils... I have addressed each of these possibilities & it's still not working.
Please help! And again, forgive me if I'm re-asking something that's been asked before. It's not always easy to find the right search words when you're a noob :/

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry...can't help you, not familiar with the tank.....but welcome aboard.....:vino:

Someone will be along soon to get you on the right track.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So to be clear.

You have tried different tanks on the mod (Alien) and they all give you trouble or is it the same tank?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Take the tank (atomizer) apart completely, wash everything (except the coil if it is newish), dry and carefully reassemble, making sure everything is alligned correctly. Reduce the airflow on the tank, and reduce power on your box to lowest setting, then gradually increase power. At some point you may want to increase the airflow a bit at a time. More air = less flavor and more cloud, Higher power and lower airflow = denser vapor and flavor but smaller clouds. Most time you won't notice much difference in cloud unless you are in a competition. lol.

VU Sponsors