Tom Holland Was Approached to Be In Across the Spider-Verse

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Marvel Cinematic Spider-Man Tom Holland seems to really enjoy being Spider-Man. Enough that he wants to be Spider-Man in other universes too — say, like a Spider-Verse. And it turns out he was even approached for an appearance in Sony's animated hit at one point.

In an interview with SYFY Wire, Holland joined Marvel's MJ, Zendaya, its Ned Leeds, Jacob Batalon, in expressing a desire to make an appearance in the animated Spider-Man world. It's an idea that seems at least possible given the ways in which Enter the Spider-Verse and, presumably, Across the Spider-Verse play with multiple dimensions.

Holland especially is eager, given that apparently former Sony Pictures head and current Spider-Verse producer Amy Pascal approached him during the filming of No Way Home about a potential appearance.

“Amy actually asked me on the set of this movie and no one has come back to me,” Holland said, to which Zendaya followed up with, “Yeah, what the heck?”

Holland pleaded on behalf of himself, Zendaya, and Batalon:

"Love them and I'm just waiting for the phone call,” Holland said. “Guys, call us. Put us in your movie, we want to be in it.”

Sony's Into the Spider-Verse's release in 2018 brought a groundbreaking visual style to the world of Spider-Man alongside Miles Morales' big-screen debut. It's set to be followed up with Across the Spider-Verse Part One, which we got a first teaser for just a few days ago.

The sequel also seems to include lots of interdimensional travel and yes, more Spider-People, even if none of them as of yet have been revealed to be Tom Holland. Meanwhile, Marvel's take on Spider-Man has plenty of Tom Holland in it with No Way Home headed to theaters on December 17.

Rebekah Valentine is a news reporter for IGN. You can find her on Twitter @duckvalentine.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors