Become a Patron!

Tobeco Super Tank KS

Hazzmattman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone got experience with this tank? It's the bathtub big tank has a really small rebuildable deck, not tried yet and also uses the Atlantis style coils like the other Super Tanks. Not tried the rebuildable I got it as I use other ST's so thought this thing might be a good addition.

Man was I wrong, this thing leaks, sits crooked or doesn't connect, one if not all 3. Constantly got to mess with it and eventually it works. Thing is when it works, it hits great, but I've been almost to the point of taking a hammer to it due to juice leakage. I spent a few hours thinking well I was maybe missing an o ring, but having tried to stick an o ring anywhere looked like might be the cause of juice seeping that's not the issue. I got it working ok now but it sits crooked on my mod but it's not leaking. Anyone familiar with Tobeco knows their products come with no documentation, I have emailed them, but their site in China I kinda doubt will have any result.

Sucks I like the tank with the major capacity but if you have to mess with it at all, then you are spending tons of time making it work, just a big pain in the ass. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First and foremost this tank should be setup and used on one box mod only. The absence of a manual makes it hard for most to figure out how to make it work best but when set up properly it works great. The first step is to remove the base from the tank. This is accomplished by removing the drip tip and then the two machine screws in the bottom of the tank. Rotate the base back and forth slightly as you apply constant pressure to pull the chimney assembly through the o-rings. Then remove the coil and chimney assembly from the base. With that in hand loosen the set screws that hold the bottom contact in place and remove it from the base.

Now you can start fitting the tank to the mod. Thread the bottom contact into the 510 of the mod you intend to use the tank with. After threading it in to the desired snugness, place a strip of scotch tape on each side of the contact plate. This will prevent scarring the top of the mod but will still look flush when fully assembled. Next place the base over the contact plate, align the base so it sits nicely on top of the mod. Use a clamp or heavy rubber band to apply downward pressure and tighten the set screws so that the base and contact plate are attached. Once they are snug, remove the base and scotch tape from the mod and reassemble the tank.

If your tank is still leaking after being properly assembled check the o-rings for damage. If care was not taken with first assembly they may have been damaged. In the future lube the o-rings with juice or VG before assembly to keep them damage free and sealing well. I like everything about the KS except the need to use a screw driver to change the coil. If the tank still sits crooked on top of the mod, the 510 is likely not perpendicular to the top of the mod. If it can't be adjusted use a different tank on the mod as the KS's larger footprint makes that problem show up more than a 22mm tank would.

Hazzmattman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
HAdn't thought of the tape or rubber band tips, awesome. I got it to use on an iStick 100w and i don't really use if on the go, if I do it just ends up leaking, works great leaving it at my computer work station at the house. I found that last time I messed tith it if I kinda left the phillips screws loose then tightened the allen screws then finally the phillips, seems leakage is stopped.

chopdoc

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Someone on that other vaping forum turned me onto the Tobeco Super tanks and I loved them, so much that I picked up a couple more and a KS one. Yall are right, the lack of any documentation is a huge bummer. I scratched my head on the KS for a few minutes before taking it totally apart and finding an RBA deck in it. Swapped that out with the coil that came with it and havent looked back since. It doesnt leak at all, provides great flavor and clouds all day long. I am past two weks on the coil and it still has an outstanding flavor and performance. SO I think I might pick up another KS. Love the 7 ml capacity. Eventually I might build a dual coil on the RBA deck and give it a try but its gonna be hard to beat the vertical coil that is in it.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone on that other vaping forum turned me onto the Tobeco Super tanks and I loved them, so much that I picked up a couple more and a KS one. Yall are right, the lack of any documentation is a huge bummer. I scratched my head on the KS for a few minutes before taking it totally apart and finding an RBA deck in it. Swapped that out with the coil that came with it and havent looked back since. It doesnt leak at all, provides great flavor and clouds all day long. I am past two weks on the coil and it still has an outstanding flavor and performance. SO I think I might pick up another KS. Love the 7 ml capacity. Eventually I might build a dual coil on the RBA deck and give it a try but its gonna be hard to beat the vertical coil that is in it.
Ahhh, that would be me.. Mine is coming tomorrow, looking forward to trying it out..Now I'm going to find Andria :)

chris.ardito.3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My super tank won't work on my project sub s80.
I took out the stock coil and put a new one in same thing.
Works on my both istick 60w and 50w and mini volt. Can't figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinjp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a very tiny bit of Vaseline on the joins to stop the minor leaking. Works well love this tank

bomatt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My super mini tank was leaking a little right out of the box. Ended up being one of the o rings was pinched a little. I took it out, cleaned it and cleaned the slot for the ring and hasn't leaked since.

I haven't used it since I graduated to the 25mm super tank. No leaks with it, and never looked back.

I believe my own leaking issues were due to swapping drip tips; if you use friction-fit tips you usually have to yank them out forcefully. At some point, intentionally or otherwise, you will likely give it a bit of a twist as you pull it out. If you twist counterclockwise you risk dislodging the coil, or at least the little chimney you screw onto the top of the coil.

VU Sponsors