Become a Patron!

Tobacco Recipes That Are Simple But Good

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am in tobacco only mode so I am looking for simple but tasty recipes. Please no RY4s :D My ADV is Nude Nicotine Honey Tobacco at 0.5%. Since it is a tobacco absolute it takes less to make it work. I also have FA Cuban Supreme and FA Vanilla Classic both at 2%. I have another of 1% FA Cuban Supreme and 1% FA Honey which is a nice one. I seem to be stuck in honey tobacco mode lol which is ok but I want to try more:p so please feel free to share :)

dnezarmichael

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
When mixing tobaccos, here is what recipes I normally use ...

FA Desert Ship 2% , with a couple of drops of menthol & EM

FA Virginia 2% , with a couple of drops of menthol

FA Perique Black 2%, with a couple of drops of FA Cola

TPA Black Honey Tobacco 14%, with a couple drops of EM

Depending on the state of the steeping, I might add some FA Vape Wizard, to smooth out the rough spots (Highs/Lows)

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My all day vape, is NOT a simple one or two part mix. Mine has 6 ingredients.

There is Captain and Desert Ship in it though.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
VZSC Honey Flue Cured Tobacco is a nice one. I have a Honey Fig Tobacco recipe somewhere around, but now I add some German Fig to it too. It's got some Inawera Cavendish in it but you could probably use a bit of anything you like to replace it. btw- I make 20ml of the Honey Fig recipe, 10 ml of german fig at recommended % and combine them. I didn't work out a real V2 recipe yet.

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have one that I'm vaping now that's far from RY4. I've been vaping it for a month straight, and haven't gotten sick of it.

2% INW Coffee Tobacco
1.5% INW Turkish
.5% ECX Tobacco Absolute (straight, not diluted)

Also, 2% INW Gold Ducat is a good mixer, or standalone.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
VZ Parliament or FE Parler are just plain tobaccos, 2% average but may be too strong for you at that %.
Been stuck on these forever now, lol.
You could always add some Honey/Vanilla to them.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I see I need to get more flavors lol figures:rolleyes: and Thank You all for your help I really needed some more ideas:confused::)

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FA - Cuban Supreme,Virginia:confused:,Shade,Maxx,RY4:confused:,Layton,Burley,Black Fire,Latakia,7 Leaves,Dusk,Cigar Passion,Tuscan Reserve,and Royal. HS - RY4:confused:,RY1:confused:,BD,and USA. FW - Vanilla Tobacco. TFA - RY4 double:confused:,and M-Type. VZ SC Real Cig:confused:. FE - Black Mile and Black Cherry. The blue face denotes what I do not like lol. I do not care for any fruits, nuts,florals,caramels or menthols:(. Thus the problems with trying to come up with variations. I went on the FA buying spree before HIC said a lot of their tobaccos have AP in them and I do not like APo_O

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I roll with a Turkish blended with cherry, and cherry pipe tobacco...I add some tart n sour to balance it. I'm a 100% VG girl :) I was into black honey tobacco for a loooong time too. Loved it. Ever since I found cherry tobacco, its been my ADV for almost 2 yrs now, lol. If you want a point of ref, Mr Vape makes the best pre-made tobacco flavors. I've been trying to crack their cherry tobacco recipe for nearly a year now, haha. What's funny, is I've ended up with a diy cherry tobacco recipe that you can actually taste the cherry and the tobacco individually...which is awesome.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another fun thing I did was mix 50/50 my diy CT with Mr Vapes, and added 1% (maybe closer to 2%) juicy fruit (diluted)....I ended up with an absolute masterpiece. I know it may sound weird, cuz I'm not a dessert, drinks, fruity, etc type girl...super picky too, but I love cherry so much. Also, if you want natural flavoring I suggest naturesflavors.com if u don't see something you like, they will do their damnedest to make it for you.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Subbed. I'm just getting my feet wet with DIY, LOVE tobacco blends, and am looking for some interesting blends that aren't terribly sweet.

-Kingboomer

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sooo, which Inawera would you suggest I try being so darn picky??o_O

Wow, so many directions to go on that one.

First things first, INW offers many tobacco flavors as well as a line of tobacco absolutes and dirty neutral base that are meant to be mixers with each tobacco. All the tobaccos may be enjoyed without the absolutes, but the absolutes do tend to "steer" the flavors in certain directions.

First the absolutes if you decide to jump in that direction:

Cuban Cigar tends towards dry and custardy
Virginia tends toward medium sweetness and roundness
Garuda tends toward sweetness
Oriental tends toward sweet and sour
Dirty neutral base adds an ashy, almost burning cigarette quality.

Now on to the tobaccos I've tried:

S'Camel seems to be a nice sweet round cigarettish flavor that's slightly nutty.
Gold Ducat offers up an earthy, bassy sweetness.
Dark Fire offers a sweet full and round flavor.
Falcon eye offers a spicy, clovy kind of roundness
RY4 is not like other RY4's, it's very full and plummy and quite delish IMHO
Tobacco Smoke and Prunes offers an earth, slightly fruity vape
Burley is a mild nutty blend
Old Havana is a dry custardy kind of blend

You'll also see several things that look like plain flavors with a gold stripe at the top and bottom. These are actually flavored tobaccos that kind of spek for themselves; e.g. Black Cherry, pear, mint, strawberry etc. Each offers that particular fruit or spice with a clean tobacco background. As to what you'd like. It'd only be speculation on my part. Try a bunch and at least get the Garuda and Virginia bases, and you'll have scores of hours of experimentation and tasting.

Good luck.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I roll with a Turkish blended with cherry, and cherry pipe tobacco...I add some tart n sour to balance it. I'm a 100% VG girl :) I was into black honey tobacco for a loooong time too. Loved it. Ever since I found cherry tobacco, its been my ADV for almost 2 yrs now, lol. If you want a point of ref, Mr Vape makes the best pre-made tobacco flavors. I've been trying to crack their cherry tobacco recipe for nearly a year now, haha. What's funny, is I've ended up with a diy cherry tobacco recipe that you can actually taste the cherry and the tobacco individually...which is awesome.
So, what's in that cherry tobacco? With percentage please!;)

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow, so many directions to go on that one.

First things first, INW offers many tobacco flavors as well as a line of tobacco absolutes and dirty neutral base that are meant to be mixers with each tobacco. All the tobaccos may be enjoyed without the absolutes, but the absolutes do tend to "steer" the flavors in certain directions.

First the absolutes if you decide to jump in that direction:

Cuban Cigar tends towards dry and custardy
Virginia tends toward medium sweetness and roundness
Garuda tends toward sweetness
Oriental tends toward sweet and sour
Dirty neutral base adds an ashy, almost burning cigarette quality.

Now on to the tobaccos I've tried:

S'Camel seems to be a nice sweet round cigarettish flavor that's slightly nutty.
Gold Ducat offers up an earthy, bassy sweetness.
Dark Fire offers a sweet full and round flavor.
Falcon eye offers a spicy, clovy kind of roundness
RY4 is not like other RY4's, it's very full and plummy and quite delish IMHO
Tobacco Smoke and Prunes offers an earth, slightly fruity vape
Burley is a mild nutty blend
Old Havana is a dry custardy kind of blend

You'll also see several things that look like plain flavors with a gold stripe at the top and bottom. These are actually flavored tobaccos that kind of spek for themselves; e.g. Black Cherry, pear, mint, strawberry etc. Each offers that particular fruit or spice with a clean tobacco background. As to what you'd like. It'd only be speculation on my part. Try a bunch and at least get the Garuda and Virginia bases, and you'll have scores of hours of experimentation and tasting.

Good luck.
Thanks for the information. That'll save me some money, 'cause I don't have to try all of them.

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm big on tobacco flavors as well and I've been using NET's for quite a while now. I make them myself from loose tobacco I purchase locally. I find that the NET's in combination with some complementary flavors (caramel, honey, pandan, toffee, etc) make for a very easy way to get some nice, complex flavors.

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nude nicotine island tobacco is good made mine ar 1% island tabacoo and .5% sweetner

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Nude nicotine island tobacco is good made mine ar 1% island tabacoo and .5% sweetner
Oh, shit! I had a sample of a pre mixed version, with one of my orders. Good that it had 3mg/ml only. I used it with a RDA and I kept on dripping and vaping, until it was gone! It had a nice creamy coconut flavor. However, I didn't get much of the tobacco. Might be due to lack of steeping :D.

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Better after two weeks. The sample they sent me was gold color. The one I made is light brown. Just enough tobacco flavor in it.

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Watch out for the citus slap. It will break a tank. Took out a kanger pro tank with it.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I wonder how a "sweet" tobacco mixed with Hibiscus would do. Should give it a nice fruity flavor. I love the DIY Hibiscus I made.

What does the TFA M-Type taste like?

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have ordered some creams and some custard types and will try some baccys with these when they get here. Seems like people just went all different directions in this.

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nudenicotine island tobacco.
.35% flavoring has worked best for me. This is very near to what they make.

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I haven't tried it yet:rolleyes: I have a few I haven't tried and hopefully will do so soon;)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
@Dixie1954 ...what does TFA's M-Type taste like?

depends on how strong you use Mtype.. some use only a few drops per "X"ml and i have seen it as high at 8%
its more of a tobacco marlboro type.. but you will need to use additives in it.. like TA tobacco Absolute..

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got a 30 ml bottle of island tobacco flavor in the mail today. Guess what I'm doing now!
Was it golden color? I have made up 150ml last week. From .35% to 1.5%.
Found lower percent gave me the coloring that they sent.
Vaping some right now.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Was it golden color? I have made up 150ml last week. From .35% to 1.5%.
Found lower percent gave me the coloring that they sent.
Vaping some right now.
The flavor itself was a light brown. I made 4 oz. (120 ml) and it's in the ultrasonic cleaner w/ some heat right now.

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok thought you got the premade. Keep the percentage low. Does not need much at all. 30ml of flav is going to last you forever.

I'm big on tobacco flavors as well and I've been using NET's for quite a while now. I make them myself from loose tobacco I purchase locally. I find that the NET's in combination with some complementary flavors (caramel, honey, pandan, toffee, etc) make for a very easy way to get some nice, complex flavors.
Hello there. I am an absolute virgin to this site but am very impressed. Im trying on some tobacco flavors all my stuff is from FA. Any good recipes you could through my way?

wildcoy73

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Go extra extra low on flavor mix I would start at a half percent and work up from that point. I have an island tobacco and only use .35 percent and the flavor is great. Yes less than 1%

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Hangsen Red USA @ 7% with 6 drops INW DNB per 10ml...... Great ashy cig taste. Works great with menthol, too.

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
In 10 ml of base, add 12 drops INW Tobacco Pear, 6 drops INW DNB & 6 drops INW Dark Tobacco. This one is indescribably good. :)

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coffee Break is dark and very kind once steeped a few days. I thought I "knew" FA Columbian Supreme but how it plays in this simple mix really surprised me. Highly recommended as a change-up.

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello there. I am an absolute virgin to this site but am very impressed. Im trying on some tobacco flavors all my stuff is from FA. Any good recipes you could through my way?
One that I have steeping that I have high hopes for is;

American English (all FA)
1% Burley
1% Virginia
1% Latakia
1% Perique

It's still early in the steep process, but I like what I'm getting so far.

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A couple drops of ACV ( apple cider vinegar ) per 10 ml. adds a nice moisture to tobacco vapes also. M-TYPE, 1-2 drops per 10 to start. it adds a nice bite to sweet type tobaccos. those which use graham cracker or say, marshmallow.

Kingboomer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK, question on the ACV: should it be added after the steep? I understand it has a tendency to fade over a short period of time (of course I could be misinformed ;) )

-Kingboomer

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
OK, question on the ACV: should it be added after the steep? I understand it has a tendency to fade over a short period of time (of course I could be misinformed ;) )

-Kingboomer

i have never had any vinegar fade on me, but then again, it could be a taste buds thing too..

VU Sponsors