Become a Patron!

To boil or not to boil

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just getting some insight.what kind of cotton do you use and do you always boil .I dont always boil my cotton and haven't noticed a difference between the boiled and not boiled. Opinions..... And .....go

"War,war never changes"

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been using organic cotton balls never boiled, no problems, funky tastes so far.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been using organic cotton balls never boiled, no problems, funky tastes so far.
Same here sometimes I grab the wrong bag and its not organic but never had anything wrong with the way it vapes or tastes.

"War,war never changes"

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Same here sometimes I grab the wrong bag and its not organic but never had anything wrong with the way it vapes or tastes.

"War,war never changes"
As long as your hands are clean when handling it, I doubt there would be a problem.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have made a wick and it tasted like burned oil......I had been working on my lawn mower earlier and didn't wash my hands..... Ended up having to change the coil to lol

"War,war never changes"

AZ4running

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use Japanese cotton sheets or organic cotton balls from cvs never boiled and no problem. Hydrogen peroxide is just water with an extra oxygen molecule so i dont see how is harmful, h2o2. The cotton balls are washed with water after the peroxide bath anyways.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use Japanese cotton sheets or organic cotton balls from cvs never boiled and no problem. Hydrogen peroxide is just water with an extra oxygen molecule so i dont see how is harmful, h2o2. The cotton balls are washed with water after the peroxide bath anyways.
Organic cotton.... At CVS??? What's the price like

"War,war never changes"

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i use organic cotton. i used to go to my favorite shop and get their branded organic cotton but i've since grown tired of buying an 1/8 ounce bag for the price of a bag full at CVS like some have said. Never boil the balls; i boiled my bags from the vape shop a few times, i didn't see a difference and didn't like the time i spent boiling cotton.

I have a friend who owns a juice line and he swears by cotton bacon, I have yet to try it but he tells me it's a must, he says no boiling and it tastes great. I think you can grab a big bag of it on Ebay or Amazon for cheap. Anyone here try it? I'll pull the trigger if it's something i'm truly missing out on.... I'll stick to the organic balls of cotton if not!

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i use organic cotton. i used to go to my favorite shop and get their branded organic cotton but i've since grown tired of buying an 1/8 ounce bag for the price of a bag full at CVS like some have said. Never boil the balls; i boiled my bags from the vape shop a few times, i didn't see a difference and didn't like the time i spent boiling cotton.

I have a friend who owns a juice line and he swears by cotton bacon, I have yet to try it but he tells me it's a must, he says no boiling and it tastes great. I think you can grab a big bag of it on Ebay or Amazon for cheap. Anyone here try it? I'll pull the trigger if it's something i'm truly missing out on.... I'll stick to the organic balls of cotton if not!
Yes I first started with cotton bacon.it is very good,easy to pull apart and get the right amount. Although it does have a taste to it but that only last a few draws.with any cotton you have a break in period but cotton bacon seams to hang on to the cotton flavor a little longer.I do still use it,I keep it in my vape go bag and my EDC because its quick and easy to use.but I wick with organic at home so I have time to get it just right.over all its good stuff,but not worth what it goes for in shops.

"War,war never changes"

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know how well boiling my istick 50 will work .....but .....um I'll give it a shot lol. I hope it gives it more watts (I'm kidding....or am I)

"War,war never changes"

Just getting some insight.what kind of cotton do you use and do you always boil .I dont always boil my cotton and haven't noticed a difference between the boiled and not boiled. Opinions..... And .....go

"War,war never changes"
I don't know for sure what effect it's having but I would stay away from any agricultural products coming out of Japan for the next 10000 years or so. Fukushima meltdown will be contaminating everything coming out of Japan forever, basically forever.

VU Sponsors