Become a Patron!

Time to eat some crow regarding Five Pawns.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unfortunately, I am rather well known to take the piss out of Five Pawns for their pricing and seeming pretentiousness regarding their juice and fantoosh lab video.
Today, and quite unexpectedly I might add...I had the pleasure...and I want to reiterate, PLEASURE of sitting at a local vape shop and having a vape and conversation with Jordan Nolan and Jay Oku of Five Pawns.
As is my style, I immediately went after them regarding my issues as stated above. They both answered these concerns quite eloquently and with a minimum of marketing nonsense as most tend to. They also shared some vapes of their finest...and their explanations of their business philosophy and methods...along with tastings of their juices, have led me to post this rather humbling thread. Their juices are complex and full flavoured...and are quite obviously made from house extracted ingredients...especially roasted nuts and something quite new to my palate....horehound derived "mint". I detest mint, but the soothing and cooling feel on the back of my throat was, in a word....ASTOUNDING.
I want to apologise publicly for being too quick to judge the product and the people, and urge you all to give some samples a go. You may just find that the money is well spent when you experience a flavour profile that nobody else has managed to come close to nailing.
They exist in their business model, for only one reason.....to ALWAYS exist....not only through consistency, but in the face of the very real possibility of Government regulation. But do NOT take my word for it....try the product and decide for yourself is what you are vaping, is worth the hype and price. I fully plan on making my first order with them!

Franciscan
Pax Et Bonum

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You have just gone up a notch in my book sir. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience with this company. I am also familiar with the taste of crow. Life happens, we're human. Enjoy the day!:cool:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Five Pawns Absolute Pin was the first juice I fell in love with a year ago. Then they came out with their new editions, and every one was a winner. They really are in a class of their own in my opinion! I don't buy them simply because I DIY now, but I am tempted every now and again - they're that good!

I'm so glad you had a chance to rethink!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
When you meet the owner and creator....it just means more! Like meeting Jimmy The Juiceman.

kscoggins

Member For 4 Years
I've had to avoid being too critical of them because I hadn't tried any of their juice. I just couldn't bring myself to paying those prices.
I recently picked up a bottle of Castle Long, and I'm loving it. Glad I hadn't said too much publicly or else I'd be chowing down on some of that crow.
I can't justify it being a primary vape for me at those prices, but I'll definitely be buying more.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I've had to avoid being too critical of them because I hadn't tried any of their juice. I just couldn't bring myself to paying those prices.
I recently picked up a bottle of Castle Long, and I'm loving it. Glad I hadn't said too much publicly or else I'd be chowing down on some of that crow.
I can't justify it being a primary vape for me at those prices, but I'll definitely be buying more.
My genes cause me to be very opinionated and blunt. However, unlike many, I also have learnt to know when I'm wrong, and right it!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't know what the costs of it are.

However, I got pissed about my local shop ripping me on 20 mils for nearly 20 buck.

Doubt 5 pawns will see my moolah.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

However, I got pissed about my local shop ripping me on 20 mils for nearly 20 buck.

$27 for 30ml. NOT within everyone's budget...but for those that do not mind blowing a bit of coin...these juices will not disappoint. Look at it this way....what makes crab so wonderful, is that we simply cannot afford to eat it every day!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh, I fully realize the marketing appeal of a "limited grasp" product. But from a practical standpoint, I am using nearly 20 mils a day of juice. It isn't financially smart for me to buy it. I'd burn it up in a day anyway.

Kinda why I went to DIY juice. I make 100 mils or so every few days.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I'm a big fan of Five Pawns. Castle Long is the best e-liquid I've ever had. I agree that the price is steep, but in my opinion, it's worth it. And what I mean by 'worth it' is that you know what you're getting with these guys. You know it's quality ingredients put together in a controlled environment. That doesn't have value to some people, but it does to me.

Sadly, it's expensive. I have 3 Five Pawns flavors, and I save all of them for once a day vapes and special occasions. If I could afford it, Castle Long, Gambit, and Grandmaster would probably be all I'd ever vape.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I was impressed that they include a "Born On" date on the label. Also I found out that according to Italian law, they have to put the warnings in braille on the label (they had one of those bottles with them). Gotta love accountability! Managed to score a t-shirt as well!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, the biggest problem, with ANY juice north of 10 bucks per 20 mils, is that people like me using a ton of juice, will pay MORE than they did smoking.

DIY, I pay a little bit of nothing for my juice. And I like the juice I make. On par with 5 pawns? Doubt it. But, what I would spend in a few weeks buying their juice, I can make my own for a year.

Buy it for a treat? Maybe. But my local yahoo B&M's don't sell other maker's juices. Just their own half assed shit. I surely am not gonna order it.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Yeah, it's difficult to compare Five Pawns to DIY, for sure. I need to start branching out more and look at more inexpensive brands. Just about everything I vape is $15-28 per 30ml. I have one bottle here that is about $80 (was sent to me for review).

After watching VU Live, there are definitely some vendors I want to try who are on the lower end of the pricing spectrum.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huh. Might have to look into some of their stuff. I vape about 30ml a week. Even at $30 for a 30ml bottle it's still less than I was spending a week in smoking ($70).

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huh. Might have to look into some of their stuff. I vape about 30ml a week. Even at $30 for a 30ml bottle it's still less than I was spending a week in smoking ($70).

You can order sample packs from their website, which is a good way of trying out the various flavors. They're very distinctive, and not to everyone's taste, but if you do like them they're incredible.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You can order sample packs from their website, which is a good way of trying out the various flavors. They're very distinctive, and not to everyone's taste, but if you do like them they're incredible.
Not to mention the wee 4ml GLASS bottles with tiny dropper caps!

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i'm sure it's very good juice. but my feeling is, why expose myself to something i can't afford, for fear of loving it.
i mean, i would probably love to own a lexus or a bmw. but i will not test drive one because i will see what i am missing. if i don't know what i am missing, i am better off. how's that for convoluted reasoning.

pony

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, the biggest problem, with ANY juice north of 10 bucks per 20 mils, is that people like me using a ton of juice, will pay MORE than they did smoking.

DIY, I pay a little bit of nothing for my juice. And I like the juice I make. On par with 5 pawns? Doubt it. But, what I would spend in a few weeks buying their juice, I can make my own for a year.

Buy it for a treat? Maybe. But my local yahoo B&M's don't sell other maker's juices. Just their own half assed shit. I surely am not gonna order it.
im getting to the point where im wanting to start mixing up my own. monies spent on liquids are starting to rival what i was spending on cigarettes. and that was a lot.
the only flavor from 5pawns ive tried was the gambit and it just didnt appeal to me. one thing i like about our house labels is the 10ml bottle, if the flavor doesnt grow on me im not left with that great big bottle gathering dust.(and ive got more than a few of those)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
i'm sure it's very good juice. but my feeling is, why expose myself to something i can't afford, for fear of loving it.
i mean, i would probably love to own a lexus or a bmw. but i will not test drive one because i will see what i am missing. if i don't know what i am missing, i am better off. how's that for convoluted reasoning.
I see what you did there.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to try it. Just need to have some cash to spend first.

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Cost is MUCH of the reason many of us have gone to vape, I'd bet....

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I will buy ALL THE JUICE!

VU Sponsors