Become a Patron!

Thunderhead Creations Tauren RDTA review

wiz4vap

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I received tauren rdta from sourcemore.com for the purpose of this review.

Tauren rdta colors:

- Brass
- Black brass
- Copper
- Copper black
- Ss rainbow
- Ss
- Ss black

Ig3J2vO.jpg

Specification:

- Size: 24 x 38mm
- Material: 304SS/Brass/Copper
- Drip Tip: 810 PEI
- Connection: Regular gold-plated 510 pin and BF pin
- Coils Type: Dual coils
- Capacity: 2ml

Features:

- Unique postless 45° build deck
- Rotary AFC ring with different airflow choice
- 28 micro air holes & 3D surrounding airflow system
- Various juice refill design
- The aluminum package could be used as 510 stand basement

In the box:

- THC Tauren BF RDTA
- 510 Squonk Pin
- Allen Wrench
- Accessories Bag

mlcjIt9.jpg

Atomizer comes in very nice package, you will receive the atomizer screwed on the bottom of the package which is very nice because you can screw here any other atomizer, very nice idea in my opinion. Anyway in the package you will not receive coils and cotton. Tauren rdta is a dual coil atomizer and this atomizer is 24mm in diameter, height of this atomizer is 38mm. You can buy tauren rdta in really nice colors which is nice. Build quality of this atomizer is pretty much good, there is nothing that bothers me about build quality, threads are also okay. You can also see some details on the atomizer, on the top cap we have some details that helps with airflow adjustment and on the chamber you can see logo engraved and "Tauren", from the bottom of the atomizer you can see also some engravings.

ecCtYS2.jpg

gWFuOSJ.jpg

Atomizer comes with 810 drip tip preinstalled and on the drip tip you can see "Thunderhead creations". Drip tip is very comfortable for using in my opinion. On this atomizer you can use any other 810 drip tip without any problems.

SJXAQIl.jpg

Under drip tip you can see the top cap, as I said on the top cap you can see some details that helps very much with airflow adjustment. On the top cap you can see two slots for airflow from each side and you will use the top cap in order to adjust the airflow. When you look the top cap from the inside you can see that top cap has really nice conical shape which is very good for flavor.
On the chamber you can see two airflow holes, as I said in order to adjust airflow you need to spin the top cap and what you adjust on one side it will be the same on the other side. So we have here some options for airflow adjustment, you can move the top cap left, you can place it in the middle and you can move it right. When you place the top cap in the middle you will get nice restricted airflow and if you move the top cap left of right you will get more airflow. We have a stopper here which is really nice. Also no matter where you place the top cap you can adjust the airflow more and reduce the airflow if you like. Considering the design of the build deck, no matter how much you reduce the airflow, air will always hit the coils completely which is very good because you can get rdtl draw without any problems.

3OrzHs0.jpg

VLwCHaW.jpg

You can see 4 screws on the build deck, screws are pretty much good and screws holds the leads good. Building on this rdta is very easy, all you need to do is to pre cut the coil leads and then drop the leads in the slots and tight the screws, very, very easy. On the build deck you can also see 4 wick slots and when you put the cotton in the wicking slots you don't have to place the wicks all the way down, you can see on the picture how I did that and there is no any problems with wicking, it wicks just great.
Also on the build deck you can see two fill holes, holes are not very big but still I didn't have any problems with my bottles and I fill the tank really fast. I really like the fact that if you wick this atomizer good there is no chance that atomizer can leak because chamber has two parts that goes inside the fill holes which is really good.
This atomizer has really good airflow, under the coils we can see honeycomb airflow and airflow is very smooth. Under each coil we have 14 airflow holes.

rqRRgS7.jpg

U0mNSDr.jpg

el5Ykpz.jpg

Under the build deck you can see the tank, this tank has 2ml capacity and in the package you will receive one more tank with 2ml capacity. Threads here are good you can very easy take off the tank. Also if it is easier for you when you placing cotton you can take off the tank and pull the cotton from the bottom.

TKmxdUu.jpg

How this atomizer works and my thoughts:

Tauren rdta is a dual coil atomizer and this atomizer is well built, I really didn't have any problems here. This atomizer can work with regular mods and that way atomizer works very good, tank capacity is 2ml which is let's say okay capacity especially for rdta, but it is good that there is no chance of leaking if you wick the atomizer right. In the package you will also receive bf pin so you can use the atomizer with squonk mods and when you squonk liquid will go in the tank which is nice way of using this atomizer.
Adjusting airflow on the atomizer is very easy and under the coils we have great honeycomb airflow. Airflow is very smooth and I like to use this atomizer when I place the top cap in the middle. Build deck has really nice design, it is easy to fill the tank and it is easy to build here and wick this rdta. Considering the design of the build deck you can place here round wire coils or you can go with clapton coils.
This atomizer works really good with claptons that I tried and also it works really good with round wire coils, I used kanthal 0.5mm wire here. If you use atomizer at higher powers you should use left of right airflow options for more airflow.
Coils on this are atomizer are placed pretty much high, we have here really great honeycomb airflow under the coils, the top cap has nice conical shape and because of all of that with this atomizer you will get really nice flavor, probably great flavor and vapor is very dense.
So, in my opinion tauren rdta works really good, it will never leak if you wick it properly and it is very easy to work with this atomizer.

Cons:

- There is no coils and cotton in the package
- Maybe someone will not like details on the drip tip (I like the details)

Pros:

- Good build quality
- Comfortable drip tip
- Easy airflow adjustment
- Nice airflow options and when you reduce the airflow air will still hit coils completely
- Honeycomb airflow
- Top cap has nice conical shape
- Very good flavor
- Dense vapor
- Easy to build
- Easy to wick
- Chamber has parts that goes in the fill holes and there is no leaking
- Easy to fill
- I like the design
- You can screw atomizer on the bottom part of the package
- Bf pin in the package
- It works good with regular and squonk mods