Become a Patron!

Throaty Flavors..

aHussyNamedTron

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So ive come to this question..

Some of these juices im trying (i have about 10 different ones i bought and am trying out). I've noticed that some of them are a bit more harsh on the throat than others, i use low nic of 3mg... on all so what is it that tickles the throat??

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For me, it's too much PG in the mix. Using about 90 percent VG, makes a smooth vape.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some flavors are harsher than others.. Like some fruits and Menthols ect.. what are the juices we are discussing here? Are they High PG? PG is the source of most juice related TH... What kind of wattages are we using on what kind of builds and are we MTL or DL draw.

I'm VG sensitive... can't tolerate over 50%. Sometimes in the morning the first few draws can be harsh... I just turn the wattage down before bed. On harsher juices. Some of us former smokers realize you often didn't inhale as deeply on first smoke of the day... or the result would be coughing fit.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
All that, plus most juices do need steep time even if bought at a store, unless its specifically states that it has been pre steeped and even then it still need steeping. Some stores do sell custards that have been steeped a couple month, but these will be advertised as such. Lots of stores have a flavoring base, some are steeped/pre steeped but are brought to the right ratio and nicotine when ordered, that means VG/pg and nic have not mixed fully with the flavoring and can give you that effect you're talking about.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
To add on, if a flavoring has alcohol in it, it can be harsh. Example is CAP Sweet Strawberry, needs some time for the alcohol to evaporate.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some flavors are harsher than others.. Like some fruits and Menthols ect.. what are the juices we are discussing here? Are they High PG? PG is the source of most juice related TH... What kind of wattages are we using on what kind of builds and are we MTL or DL draw.

I'm VG sensitive... can't tolerate over 50%. Sometimes in the morning the first few draws can be harsh... I just turn the wattage down before bed. On harsher juices. Some of us former smokers realize you often didn't inhale as deeply on first smoke of the day... or the result would be coughing fit.
I have recently noticed this...if I draw deep into my lungs ..the VG is really irritating..I've recently changed my style of vaping and had to start mixing 50/50 whereas before I was mixing like 75% VG..I also lowered my watts as well.

VU Sponsors