Become a Patron!

Thoughts on TFA Sweet Cream?

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry, can't offer any myself yet, as my bottle is coming to me in the mail atm. Just hoping to get some info, so I can hit the ground running once I receive it. I've noticed the various creams (particularly FA's) show up in a lot of recipes. Because of uninteresting vagaries with how easy it is for me to order stuff online, I've only managed to pick up FA's Catalan cream, which to me seems less general purpose than some of the other more popular creams. I've particularly noticed FA Fresh Cream seems like the go to, and I've noticed TFA Whipped Cream showing up a lot.

Anybody tried TFA Sweet Cream? Have any thoughts? Percentages, and typical types of recipes it works best in?

TIA! I'll be sure to post in this thread with my own thoughts, once I receive the order and have a chance to play around with this flavor.

Jayvon633

Member For 4 Years
iv only tried tfa sweet cream once and i put it at way to high a percentage. i think i tried 10% and it muted the juice i have yet to try it at a lower percentage but next time i do im starting at 2%

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Ya I use it at around 1 to 2% As a sweetner\creamy add on to any bakery, or custard flavors. Another VERY good cream is FA Vienna cream, even more so than FA fresh cream, to me Vienna cream is more widely used than the fresh cream. The fresh cream has a more pronounced dairy note, but the Vienna cream is just sooo good. Very creamy and sweet. Works well with a multitude of recipes, I use sweet cream in a similar manor.

dnezarmichael

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have used it, but max .5% - 2%

I generally use it to bring out other cream flavors, or to block out acidic tasting fruit flavors. I like mixing it with RY4 Double and Vanilla Custard. It's not as sweet as I would like, however it can be overpowering (custardy, buttery, the high note in milk (carnation)) if you don't like cream.

VU Sponsors