Become a Patron!

This should be fun. Do you believe in ghosts, demons, spirit, etc?

Do you believe in ghosts?

• Yes

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I want it to almost be like a b rated movie. Ya know without us getting slaughtered. Lol. But I'd love to have physical contact of some sort. Because I think your mind can play tricks on you

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I’m afraid of getting anal probed by ghosts and aliens

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m afraid of getting anal probed by ghosts and aliens

That’s definitely not a good thing to experience...I wonder if the aliens being made out of Kanthal rather than Nichrome 80 would make a different upon anal intrusion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If a ghost farts in a house and there's no believers around, does it smell?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
a1cee27f9effce01be6cd37d3ebd19ea.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So since you believe in them and don't want to do butt stuff (lol) does that mean it will happen?

I hope not...
I’ll have to start sleeping with metal underware now.
That’s definitely not a good thing to experience...I wonder if the aliens being made out of Kanthal rather than Nichrome 80 would make a different upon anal intrusion...

o_O

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I lived with my mom at the age of 17 I was awaken by something that opened my bedroom door and slammed it back. I got up with screwdriver in hand. Lol woke my mom and we searched the whole house. Nothing. The next day my bro in law came by for something. Only has a key to the back door. Said he was coming through the family room and heard someone talking in the other living room. Thought I was in there on the phone. Again, nothing. There's a bunch of haunted places in NC. I've only been to one. The Devils stomping ground. You can Google that one. But it's literally a spot in the woods with no growth. No trees,grass,weeds. Nothing. Surrounded by lush forest.

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Brief summation...

On the USS North Carolina memorial in the Radio Central Room is a very pissed off radioman who feels very very angry about the fact that he'll miss his wedding.

I could not get past the visitor center in the Andersonville prisoner of war camp. The dread, despair and longing was too much. (longing for loved ones, and disbelief that this was where they would meet their end.)

I could not go down to the forward engine room of the ship I was stationed on for 4 years. There was a fire down there in the 60's and several sailors met their end there. They are not happy about that.

My first house has a presence, she is a sweet old woman who died without birthing any babies....She is very upset about that fact, but we called a truce and I fixed her house too her liking. She was always kind to my wife when she moved in.

My last dog would not stop barking at me 24x7 after she passed till I told her that I missed her, but would be okay without her and that she should go rest. Not a single bark since.

Momma is still putting ideas in my head letting me think its my idea not hers....

I believe.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Brief summation...

On the USS North Carolina memorial in the Radio Central Room is a very pissed off radioman who feels very very angry about the fact that he'll miss his wedding.

I could not get past the visitor center in the Andersonville prisoner of war camp. The dread, despair and longing was too much. (longing for loved ones, and disbelief that this was where they would meet their end.)

I could not go down to the forward engine room of the ship I was stationed on for 4 years. There was a fire down there in the 60's and several sailors met their end there. They are not happy about that.

My first house has a presence, she is a sweet old woman who died without birthing any babies....She is very upset about that fact, but we called a truce and I fixed her house too her liking. She was always kind to my wife when she moved in.

My last dog would not stop barking at me 24x7 after she passed till I told her that I missed her, but would be okay without her and that she should go rest. Not a single bark since.

Momma is still putting ideas in my head letting me think its my idea not hers....

I believe.

All the Navy guys I have ever known all have ghost stories. I think all of those months at sea cause weird shit to happen. The sub teams were the ones really off the rails.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Cool thread, I’ll start by saying I don’t believe in the supernatural, but do find it interesting. A few unexplained things have happened to me over the years.
When I was a small child playing in the yard by myself I used to hear my first and middle name whispered like someone trying to get my attention, I would get frustrated and scream “what!”

When I was 12 years of age my mother was diagnosed with colon cancer. She had to have surgery out of state so I was left to stay with my grandparents. It wasn’t an old house or anything, but going to bed one night I felt uneasy, I had heard a pecking sound and got my grandfather to check it out. He listened said it was the vent, laughed at me and called me a sissy.
I was unable to go to sleep, laying in my bed in a spare bedroom at the end of the hall. The kitchen was at the end of the hall and I noticed there was a whispering conversation going on in there, I knew it was past their bedtime so it caught my attention. Then I heard the corded phone on the bar rattle which really got me thinking “who could they be calling this late?” The whispered conversation continued,

I knew they were sitting in the two swivel stools on the end of the bar because that’s where the phone is and by the sound of their voices. I heard the stools spin and them get up coming down the hall towards my room. They got right outside my room and stopped, I could hear them speaking to one another loudly with a raspy whisper but couldn’t understand, it was not English. The voices sounded to be only 3 feet high just outside my open door. Every hair on my body stood up realizing it wasn’t my grandparents, or human for that matter. They stopped talking abruptly and both laughed this evil laugh at the same time. I jumped up decided not to get trapped in the room and was going to barrel over them running, ran out and nothing was there.

Ran into my grandparents room crying trying to get out what just happened and again my grandfather just laughed. I laid down in the floor of their room for the rest of the night.

As real as that was I’m still not convinced, I believe there is a scientific explanation instead of it being demons. Possibly stress of a sick parent plus staying somewhere I didn’t want to be.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cool thread, I’ll start by saying I don’t believe in the supernatural, but do find it interesting. A few unexplained things have happened to me over the years.
When I was a small child playing in the yard by myself I used to hear my first and middle name whispered like someone trying to get my attention, I would get frustrated and scream “what!”

When I was 12 years of age my mother was diagnosed with colon cancer. She had to have surgery out of state so I was left to stay with my grandparents. It wasn’t an old house or anything, but going to bed one night I felt uneasy, I had heard a pecking sound and got my grandfather to check it out. He listened said it was the vent, laughed at me and called me a sissy.
I was unable to go to sleep, laying in my bed in a spare bedroom at the end of the hall. The kitchen was at the end of the hall and I noticed there was a whispering conversation going on in there, I knew it was past their bedtime so it caught my attention. Then I heard the corded phone on the bar rattle which really got me thinking “who could they be calling this late?” The whispered conversation continued,

I knew they were sitting in the two swivel stools on the end of the bar because that’s where the phone is and by the sound of their voices. I heard the stools spin and them get up coming down the hall towards my room. They got right outside my room and stopped, I could hear them speaking to one another loudly with a raspy whisper but couldn’t understand, it was not English. The voices sounded to be only 3 feet high just outside my open door. Every hair on my body stood up realizing it wasn’t my grandparents, or human for that matter. They stopped talking abruptly and both laughed this evil laugh at the same time. I jumped up decided not to get trapped in the room and was going to barrel over them running, ran out and nothing was there.

Ran into my grandparents room crying trying to get out what just happened and again my grandfather just laughed. I laid down in the floor of their room for the rest of the night.

As real as that was I’m still not convinced, I believe there is a scientific explanation instead of it being demons. Possibly stress of a sick parent plus staying somewhere I didn’t want to be.
Wow that's the scariest story yet! That would haunt me forever.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Wow dude that's pretty damn scary there.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Another story my buddy told me was that they stayed the night in a cabin when they were on vacation. He was sleeping in the living room on a pull out couch.

He felt like something was watching him so he looked around and saw green smoke swirling outside the window. Then a green face appeared and was just staring at him and smiling.

He said it looked like a demon with dark eyes and pointed ears. He instantly pulled the blanket over his head before mustering enough courage to look again. The demon was still looking right at him smiling. After a 3rd time of looking and him still being in the window, he just stayed under the blanket until he fell asleep.

The next morning he told his mom about it and she acted shocked because when they arrived, she said she blessed the cabin so that demons wouldn't be able to enter.

A months later, he was talking to his sister and she said she had seen the same demon multiple times. Even described it exactly how he saw it. They determined the demon had been following her around for years.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
almost everybody has seen a ghost.at one time or another....it's just when we keep getting told as childeren over and over again that there is no such thing that we start ingoring our lying eyes.

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another story my buddy told me was that they stayed the night in a cabin when they were on vacation. He was sleeping in the living room on a pull out couch.

He felt like something was watching him so he looked around and saw green smoke swirling outside the window. Then a green face appeared and was just staring at him and smiling.

He said it looked like a demon with dark eyes and pointed ears. He instantly pulled the blanket over his head before mustering enough courage to look again. The demon was still looking right at him smiling. After a 3rd time of looking and him still being in the window, he just stayed under the blanket until he fell asleep.

The next morning he told his mom about it and she acted shocked because when they arrived, she said she blessed the cabin so that demons wouldn't be able to enter.

A months later, he was talking to his sister and she said she had seen the same demon multiple times. Even described it exactly how he saw it. They determined the demon had been following her around for years.

I guess mom's blessing worked...the demon was outside the house.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I guess mom's blessing worked...the demon was outside the house.
Apparently. It's a crazy story and if it had came from someone else, I would have said they're full of shit.

But I've known him for many years and he was very sincere.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Apparently. It's a crazy story and if it had came from someone else, I would have said they're full of shit.

But I've known him for many years and he was very sincere.

yeah when you listen to some chick with tye dyed letards and a crystal crown on her head it's easy to dismiss it, but they are just too many people who are straight arrow sober no nonsense types that have stories about their encounters with spirit....

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unfortunately we live in a culture who finds itself a slave to the intellect. if our limited understanding of science cannot explain something we dismiss it as impossible...but quantum physicits are now quite comfortable with the idea of parellel universes...and perhaps what we call supernatural is just our occasional cross over to these alternate universes.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Unfortunately we live in a culture who finds itself a slave to the intellect. if our limited understanding of science cannot explain something we dismiss it as impossible...but quantum physicits are now quit comfortable with the idea of parellel universes...and perhaps what we call supernatural is just our occasional cross over to these alternate universes.
I've wondered that as well. Parallel universes really intrigue me. I often think of some life defining choices I've made and what my life would be like if I would've done things differently. I'm getting off topic though lol.

I wanna hear more ghost stories! Keep em coming.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Wow that's the scariest story yet! That would haunt me forever.

Typing it out made me get a bit choked up still, but I prefer to dismiss it other than the alternative lol.

Awesome story, reminds me of paranormal witness, I’m a sucker for those supernatural re-enactment shows.

A couple more quick stories.
This one was terrifying at the time but is kind of comical looking back.
Again as a kid, we had one of those giant floor model tv’s with 13 channels and the remote that just has channel and volume up and down. I was fidgeting snapping the battery cover off and on. My dad told me to stop before I break it. He left the room and without thinking I had started to do it again. I swear the thing started vibrating in my hand and the most evil growl imaginable came from within it. I threw it down and ran out screaming lol.

Once when I was older, probably in my mid 20’s I bought an old house right next to my parents. The rooms were laid out weird so I got a friend to help me do some carpentry work.
We worked until dark one night and agreed to quit for the night, started at the far end turning out all the lights, after which it was so dark we were stumbling out the door and halfway through the yard he yells “Hey!” and points at the house, every single light was on. He wouldn’t go back in, I had to go back and again turn off every single switch.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Unfortunately we live in a culture who finds itself a slave to the intellect. if our limited understanding of science cannot explain something we dismiss it as impossible...but quantum physicits are now quite comfortable with the idea of parellel universes...and perhaps what we call supernatural is just our occasional cross over to these alternate universes.
I like this theory, science may very well be able to explain it, just not any science of today or any that we may be able to wrap our minds around anytime soon. The fact that anything at all exists is mind blowing all on its own.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Typing it out made me get a bit choked up still, but I prefer to dismiss it other than the alternative lol.

Awesome story, reminds me of paranormal witness, I’m a sucker for those supernatural re-enactment shows.

A couple more quick stories.
This one was terrifying at the time but is kind of comical looking back.
Again as a kid, we had one of those giant floor model tv’s with 13 channels and the remote that just has channel and volume up and down. I was fidgeting snapping the battery cover off and on. My dad told me to stop before I break it. He left the room and without thinking I had started to do it again. I swear the thing started vibrating in my hand and the most evil growl imaginable came from within it. I threw it down and ran out screaming lol.

Once when I was older, probably in my mid 20’s I bought an old house right next to my parents. The rooms were laid out weird so I got a friend to help me do some carpentry work.
We worked until dark one night and agreed to quit for the night, started at the far end turning out all the lights, after which it was so dark we were stumbling out the door and halfway through the yard he yells “Hey!” and points at the house, every single light was on. He wouldn’t go back in, I had to go back and again turn off every single switch.
Holy crap lol. That would freak me out. I probably shouldn't be reading these before bed lol.

We've been in our new house for almost a month now. Its 100 years old! So I'm sure some stuff has went down in here.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have alot, and I'm sure we all do.of the hair standing up on the back of our necks.....that ability when we sense energy or spirit, and we know that a place is evil or that we are not welcomed there.....I've been out in the woods alot of times feeling on top of the world, and then suddenly walked into a spot that made me run out of there...sometimes a building or a room, sometime just a spot out in the middle of nowhere.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have alot, and I'm sure we all do.of the hair standing up on the back of our necks.....that ability when we sense energy or spirit, and we know that a place is evil or that we are not welcomed there.....I've been out in the woods alot of times feeling on top of the world, and then suddenly walked into a spot that made me run out of there...sometimes a building or a room, sometime just a spot out in the middle of nowhere.
I’ve had that many times at Poverty Point

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well since the membership at large as well as Admins and other Mods think I am crazy, to begin with.

I have seen and heard lots of stuff over the years.

But by far the most significant is Our Mother Of Sorrows Chapel at St. Joseph's Cemetary.where generations of my family have been buried and my own family will join them when the time comes.

CEM46541283_111127982847.jpg

I go there a few times a year to pray but here is the kicker.

I can be the only living human there and the chapel sounds like dozens of people just moving around

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I was in my 20's I studied film making....so I had to make alot of super 8 films for classes...I used to go buy and have my film developed at the same camera shop it was a one guy operation, over time I got to know the owner of the shop, and though never friends I would shoot the shit with him...he was sort of bi-polar...one day he was the life of the party the next day he wouldn't even look you in the face...one day I went in to pick up some film and was just passing the time of day with the guy and I glanced up and sitting right above his shoulder was this super black oily blob that was just full of ...intense malice..evil...it was so vibrant and real it caught me by surprise and I just yelped....about 6 months later he was shot and killed by someone who had a grudge against him.

Last edited:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure if it counts as a real story since I wasn’t at least fully conscious. Had a FWB situation and it was one of the few nights I didn’t feel like driving home, so, just passed out in her bed. Kept feeling shit dropping on my head and face and then noticed they were roaches of various sizes falling through her attic fan right over her bed. Got up the next day and told her she should prolly get that checked out snd she took me to her bedroom where a big piece of wood paneling covered the attic fan..nothing able to come in or out. She had a cell phone recording of me asleep just mumbling “No” and “Please stop” in various ways and she heard what she called her shadow person laughing (though it didn’t record).
There a room in that house that the entrance is a sliding glass door snd nothing but a cement floor...apparently there was an indoor swimming pool there and a child drowned, so, they filled the pool with cement and made it storage space. She said that the cackling kept moving when I was dreaming and it led her into that room. Supposedly child sized “shadow people” are common in her house and they run room to room but can be mischievous with people.
I’m figuring I was asleep having a bad dream, but she swore it was something paranormal because even though it isn’t a nightly occurrence, seeing shadow figures move room to room is pretty common, but especially when she had company over. When asked how many people we’re talking about, let’s just say my next play was to find a clinic, lol, passed with flying colors though!

Edit: I would be interested in checking a place out that’s fairly famous around certain areas and certain people. The Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, AR is about 3 hours from me and I think it made it to number one or two of the “Ghost Hunters” group TAPS scariest moments due to full apparition on a thermal camera and many other explanations.
I think the story with it was that people riddled with cancer were duped by a man claiming to have a cure and he just sliced and diced his way through things (supposedly) and now there are spirits that are angry.
I just hate that they actually Book ghost hunting crews led by part of their staff...seems like something that could possibly have a solid base is being ruined with commercialization rather than being kept “clear” so to speak

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The short version: Yes, Yes and Yes.
And Samuel L Jackson doesn't do anything half assed.
Although it's an old photo. :ejuice::cloud::cloud::cloud:

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Other than the presence thing pulse mentioned was staying up at this old cottage in the Lake District the room at night was absolutely pitch black to the point even your eyes adjusting to the dark couldn’t see anything, one night me and my wife woke up and it sounded like something was slowly peeling a Velcro bag we had with us open

Turned on the light it stopped, turned if off and 5 minutes later it started again...this happened 4 times after that slept with the bedside light on lol

I got out of bed the next morning and the Velcro had opened slightly on the bag ...shit a brick hated that room after that

————-

There’s a Manor House round the corner from us turned into a pub lovely place build back in the 1600’s (I think) anyway it’s haunted ...there’s a story of a mother (probably the lords mistress) throwing her elicit child out of the top story window

I have always felt really uneasy heading into certain areas there, staff have reported barrels moving in the cellar, pictures moving

They sell nice ales though been going for years

————

My daughter was talking on the monitor one night shortly after we moved into our new house was a week after my mums funeral, she must have been 2 or 3, my wife went up to her room, she was wide awake sitting up in bed and said who are you talking to?, she said the lady in the corner can’t you see her mummy? (She wasn’t scared had no idea about my mums funeral) ..I believe to this day is was her saying goodbye it’s never happened since and the house never feels off

———

My cousin as I said worked at Hampton court palace he said one day he saw a lady in what he thought was a period dress at the end of one of the halls, it was fairly dark, she walked past the end of the hall looked his way and waved, he waved back (it was some way off) it wasn’t until after he realised she wasn’t really walking but moving as if floating and there were no staff that day doing anything in period dress ...he doesn’t believe in ghosts in the least but he did after that

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
awesome stories @KingPin! The velcro one would have made me sleep with a light on too lol.

I was wondering last night, if my daughter really did see something, that maybe it was my grandma. She just passed away about a month ago. :(

My daughter wouldn't be scared of her though, unless what she saw didn't resemble her.

I'm still wondering if it's just her imagination, because yesterday she was talking about ghosts a lot, but she wasn't scared. She was playing around. At one point, she put a blanket over her head and pretended to be one. I still have no idea where she even learned about ghosts.

On another note, I've only been to one place that was supposedly haunted. My family would go to the upper peninsula, here in Michigan every summer and go hiking, check out all the waterfalls, mountains, copper mines and other attractions. One year we went to about 20 different lighthouses. One of them is known for being haunted, but none of us saw or felt anything. I remember actually being disappointed about that.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/The_Demon-Haunted_World

As an example of skeptical thinking, Sagan offers a story concerning a fire-breathing dragon that lives in his garage. When he persuades a rational, open-minded visitor to meet the dragon, the visitor remarks that they are unable to see the creature. Sagan replies that he "neglected to mention that she's an invisible dragon". The visitor suggests spreading flour on the floor so that the creature's footprints might be seen, which Sagan says is a good idea, "but this dragon floats in the air". When the visitor considers using an infra-red camera to view the creature's invisible fire, Sagan explains that the fire is heatless. He continues to counter every proposed physical test with a reason why the test will not work.

Sagan concludes by asking: "Now what's the difference between an invisible, incorporeal, floating dragon who spits heatless fire and no dragon at all? If there's no way to disprove my contention, no conceivable experiment that would count against it, what does it mean to say that my dragon exists? Your inability to invalidate my hypothesis is not at all the same thing as proving it true."

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

if you think back to not so distant history when we had polytheism, paganism and more elemental spirit based, gnostic deism. People were more receptive to spiritual encounters. The roman churches, Jesuits among others have stifled and stymied the connections people have to the spiritual realms. I think children and animals are more able to be receptive to it because they haven't been jaded yet by living.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
if you think back to not so distant history when we had polytheism, paganism and more elemental spirit based, gnostic deism. People were more receptive to spiritual encounters. The roman churches, Jesuits among others have stifled and stymied the connections people have to the spiritual realms. I think children and animals are more able to be receptive to it because they haven't been jaded yet by living.

I think there’s some truth in that however it could be argued that psychological conditioning plays a bigger part in it.

It’s well documented that kids have an active imagination during the early development stages, their brains are forming neural networks into their teens, so dreams can appear real as their imagination and awareness of their surroundings are still developing, soaking up information and making sense of their surroundings ...younger kids in particular are more susceptible...when I think back I used to get a lot of nightmares as a kid but other than real life events affecting things I rarely get any now.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think there’s some truth in that however it could be argued that phycological conditioning plays a bigger part in it.

It’s well documented that kids have an active imagination during the early development stages, their brains are forming neural networks into their teens, so dreams can appear real as their imagination and awareness of their surroundings are still developing, soaking up information and making sense of their surroundings ...younger kids in particular are more susceptible...when I think back I used to get a lot of nightmares as a kid but other than real life events affecting things I rarely get any now.
I used to have very, very scary dreams as a kid. I'd say up until 16-17 years old. Passed that I very rarely remember dreaming at all. I've always thought that I learned to block it out because of the bad dreams I used to have. Even right now, I can't remember the last time I remembered a dream.

Then there's the question, am I not dreaming at all or am I just not remembering them? Idk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I did have a nightmare the night before the hurricane that hit us over here in the 80s it’s was bizzare ...I actually dreamt about it happening and obviously was scared, my mum said don’t be silly it’s just a dream ...next night the hurricane hit and it happened for real, i wasnt aware of weather reports at the time .....I was in the top bunk and the ceiling above me collapsed on me

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did have a nightmare the night before the hurricane that hit us over here in the 80s it’s was bizzare ...I actually dreamt about it happening and obviously was scared, my mum said don’t be silly it’s just a dream ...next night the hurricane hit and it happened for real, i wasnt aware of weather reports at the time .....I was in the top bunk and the ceiling above me collapsed on me
All your dreams/experiences make it sound like you were born to be a Psychic, but society made you think with facts.

So, Society ruined your career path.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I used to have very, very scary dreams as a kid. I'd say up until 16-17 years old. Passed that I very rarely remember dreaming at all. I've always thought that I learned to block it out because of the bad dreams I used to have. Even right now, I can't remember the last time I remembered a dream.

Then there's the question, am I not dreaming at all or am I just not remembering them? Idk

Not remembering them I suspect ...dreaming is our way of processing information throughout they day, weeks whatever ....its why they can flit all over the place and seem bizarre I believe, your unconscious part of the brain is working to store bits and process through for long term memory recall, depends on the sleep cycle whether the conscious side picks up on it or not ...normally the conscious side makes the final decision when we are awake might explain why disorders are there though some sort of break or network jam between the two areas

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
All your dreams/experiences make it sound like you were born to be a Psychic, but society made you think with facts.

So, Society ruined your career path.

Hahahaha may well be I’ve had other stuff where that’s happened to me in the past.... foresight

Most People must have had dejavu moments though I suspect

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/The_Demon-Haunted_World

As an example of skeptical thinking, Sagan offers a story concerning a fire-breathing dragon that lives in his garage. When he persuades a rational, open-minded visitor to meet the dragon, the visitor remarks that they are unable to see the creature. Sagan replies that he "neglected to mention that she's an invisible dragon". The visitor suggests spreading flour on the floor so that the creature's footprints might be seen, which Sagan says is a good idea, "but this dragon floats in the air". When the visitor considers using an infra-red camera to view the creature's invisible fire, Sagan explains that the fire is heatless. He continues to counter every proposed physical test with a reason why the test will not work.

Sagan concludes by asking: "Now what's the difference between an invisible, incorporeal, floating dragon who spits heatless fire and no dragon at all? If there's no way to disprove my contention, no conceivable experiment that would count against it, what does it mean to say that my dragon exists? Your inability to invalidate my hypothesis is not at all the same thing as proving it true."

Reminded me of an old comic strip I used to read online where one of the main characters created a church for gamers and how other religions get ripped a new one:

https://cad-comic.com/comic/speechless/

https://cad-comic.com/comic/the-daily-double/

VU Sponsors