Become a Patron!

This should be fun. Do you believe in ghosts, demons, spirit, etc?

Do you believe in ghosts?

• Yes

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Feel free to explain why you answered the way you did and include any stories.

My daughter just turned 3 and woke up last night terrified. She was screaming and trembling so bad. She latched onto me so hard when I picked her up. She then said there's a ghost in her room. I have never heard her scream like that before. Hell, she had me scared just from how she was acting.

I initially thought she had a bad dream or maybe one of her tv shows mentioned ghosts, but then I started talking to my co-workers and they all do believe in that stuff and shared many freaky stories.

I'm a "see it to believe it" type of person and since nothing has ever happened to me. I do not believe in the supernatural.

Anyways, after hearing some of my co-workers very interesting stories, I thought this would be really fun to do.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
My cousin worked at Hampton Court Palace (Henry 8ths place) he saw some ghosts there

Gives me the willies thinking about it ...if my daughter came in screeming she saw a ghost I’d probably send the wife in to deal with it lol

Ghost and moths especially moths hate them bastard things

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd love to hear some stories when you have the time.
The quickest I can think to type was our first night in the “kids room.”
The kids room was the room that the original owner’s children stayed in.
Cleo, (one of the slaves) poisoned the children on accident using oleander from the garden. She intended to make them sick, but used too much and they died.

We were woken up to the fan(which was turned off) spinning and shaking so violently that it was rocking really hard side to side on its fixture.

We ran down the stairs and had ten put us into another room for the night.

While downstairs we smelled a really storm odor of cherry cigar tobacco. The home hadn’t been smoked it for years (according to the staff)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
My co-worker told me a story about when his daughter was 4 years old, she was crying and saying "a black man keeps watching me when I sleep." One night he went in the room when she was freaking out, asked her where he was, she pointed to a black figure in the corner of the room and he saw it too.

Serious that gave me goosebumps ...dunno man I’ve never seen a ghost and not really a believer either but call it pshycological stupidly or watching Aliens far too young my fight or flight response is fuck that ... it’s not like you can crack the bastard with a bat is it

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." And human eyes can see very little, compared to a lot of other creatures on earth, so to think that just because humans can't see it, it doesn't exist, is pure vanity and hubris, as well as willful ignorance, the type of "there are none so blind as those who WILL NOT see." that that quote has in mind.

And y'know what, sometimes human eyes CAN see things that are weird, strange, and definitely not usually seen by human eyes. I once saw an "entity" (demon, spirit, whatever you want to call it) which was shaped and moved EXACTLY like a cat... except it was made of color and light. I was really damn glad that it didn't seem to notice me, or just didn't care about me, as it turned and walked away from me. I was completely drug- and alcohol-free, as I had completed rehab about a month earlier.

Aside from that... Yes, I once lived in an old renovated farmhouse, which offered some of the weirdest sensations and perceptions I've ever felt. I never *saw* anything there... but when I asked the landlady, who lived downstairs, if she had ever noticed anything weird in the house, immediately she said "You mean like ghosts? YES! There's definitely at least one ghost here!" Apparently she had once been pushed down into a bathtub she was scrubbing... though there was no one home but her. My own experiences, and my husband's, were far more subtle, but we had no doubt, there was SOMETHING there besides us.

At one point, I heard the sound of shutters banging on the house, the old kind that actually fastened closed over the windows -- though those shutters had been removed and replaced with modern storm windows at least a decade earlier. The windows in question were in my newborn son's room... so I said to whatever was causing the manifestation: "I know you're here... and if you leave off trying to scare us, we won't do anything to make you leave. But if you ever do ANYTHING to try and harm us or our child, I will get someone here to exorcise your ass IMMEDIATELY." And after that, we never heard a single oddity, nor experienced any other type of manifestion -- the "ghost" apparently took me at my word.

Andria

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We also saw Cleo, standing between the main house and the kitchen house. Also, one of the nights we were there we saw 2 sets of eyes in the window of the kids room. It was on a night that no one was staying there.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m a “see it to believe it” type of person as well, so, I reserve the right to change my answer, lol.
What makes it hard for me to believe things are all the ghost hunting type shows on tv where they are using pseudoscience and trying to use things such as fluctuations in an EMF field without having run a baseline EMF before entering the property and there’s no way to say for sure if fluctuating EMF can be the cause of any ghost/spirit...it’s just generally accepted by that community that things such as EMF, temperature fluctuations, and even sometimes the “feeling of walking into a spiderweb” means a spirit is present.
Also, in reference to the shows, there are discrepancies in the use of info as to what is something and what is nothing. One show will say “orbs on camera are signs of spirit activity” and then the next ghost show that comes on explains how orbs are in no way connected to the presence of paranormal activity.
Now, get everyone that’s into this stuff in a room and pound out standards as to what is accepted and what is not as a whole rather than individual beliefs and you can at least almost call it a science because everyone is at least using the same techniques with the same equipment and register any info received based on the acceptance or rejection of the “scientific community on paranormal activity”.
You can think of it similar to another debunking show I used to watch, where they were debunking different things, and one episode was on feng shui or however it’s spelt...they bring an expert in and have them arrange everything to be more feng shui and then leaving it as such and bringing in another feng shui master that completely changes the first persons stuff.
So, come up with a way where everyone is using/following the exact same “science” rather than conflicting theories and I can somewhat get on board except for the the fact that they play off of the idea that you can’t discredit something that is not there, but hold on...I got a tingly feeling, so that’s a ghost!
Most “evidence” on these shows can be directly linked to the “matrix” system of the brain whereas if you look or listen to something long enough, your brain will start grasping at straws to try to put together an explanation of what you are seeing and hearing rather than your brain just saying nothing is there.
Just my 2¢, I could very well be wrong, and would love to be proved wrong, but this annoying little thing called “logic” keeps creeping into my mind and ruins everything,

Edit: I, of course, know that those shows are meant to get people watching them and have commercialized the whole process, but the difference in what is paranormal related and what is not is rampant in that field, whether they are doing it for a tv show or for fun

Second Edit: Ghosts are real and they still have needs
840cad89cf1747e43be89ffebc73692b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Spirits are real. I have a friend that does paranormal investigations. She's shown me proof in picture and audio. Once my sister picked up my nephew from school. As they drove past a graveyard my nephew said "dang those kids look like they're having fun." My sister looked over to see noone doing anything. I've seen more out of the paranormal than I have the Holy Spirit. Just saying.
Actually going this weekend on an investigation with her and a few others. I'll try to get some audio or see if I can't link in somehow to past audio and bring it here

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Anyone who has ever been shot at, had a gun stuck in their face, been shot, stabbed and wounded severely, has been thrown out of/or jumped out of a window (higher than the 2nd floor), bombed, nearly bombed, or otherwise anything on the receiving end of fatal explosives believes in ghosts, spirits or some sort of higher power. More especially if that person lived.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anyone who has ever been shot at, had a gun stuck in their face, been shot, stabbed and wounded severely, has been thrown out of/or jumped out of a window (higher than the 2nd floor), bombed, nearly bombed, or otherwise anything on the receiving end of fatal explosives believes in ghosts, spirits or some sort of higher power. More especially if that person lived.

My son and I -- and all our stuff! -- survived a trailer fire that was just about to start from arcing wires in the flimsy walls... but I got woken up by church bells, as it was 11am on a sunday morning. I'm not even a christian, but i do believe in god, and I think something "up there" gave me that little musical nudge. Thank god for 911 and the Winder-Barrow volunteer fire dept, and the fact that church had already started, so the churchgoers were off the road.

Andria

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I been shot. Been a long time. But I used to be hard core.
e8e734ea34fc5109c000c598b06856fb.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I been shot. Been a long time. But I used to be hard core.
e8e734ea34fc5109c000c598b06856fb.jpg

I feel you on that. I have one that fragmented in my thigh and one that went through my shoulder and shattered my clavicle.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Roger that!
8 years ago next week I was running and got hit by a 4 door tundra doing 60mph.
Quite the spiritual experience. It happened 9-13-2010 and I didn’t “wake up” until 09-29-2010. I remember talking to my grandpa and grandma while I was “out.” He died in 2006 and she passed in 1993.

The medical explanation is. “You were in a coma”
I’d like to think there was something more to it.
19EE91FF-EE56-49BB-91FE-578D42836F35.jpeg 9D9828C1-465B-4310-929F-8CBDBE502A88.jpeg

Last edited:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Roger that!
8 years ago next week I was running and got hit by a 4 door tundra doing 60mph.
Quite the spiritual experience. It happened 9-13-2010 and I didn’t “wake up” until 09-29-2010. I remember talking to my grandpa and grandma while I was “out.” He died in 2006 and she passed in 1993.

The medical explanation is. “You were in a coma”
I’d like to think there was something more to it.

Damn dude. Thats brutal.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Is what it is.
I would rather than getting shot.
I mean if we’re picking our way to a higher existence.

I dont know about that. While there was a very real possibility of death from being shot, at least I knew what was going on the whole time. That instant off switch and coming to 16 days later scares me more.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel you on that. I have one that fragmented in my thigh and one that went through my shoulder and shattered my clavicle.
Dizamn. More hardcorer than me.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So what exactly is it that makes certain people more perceptive to the supernatural?

I'm sure everyone has heard that kids and dogs can see or sense something more so than older people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dont know about that. While there was a very real possibility of death from being shot, at least I knew what was going on the whole time. That instant off switch and coming to 16 days later scares me more.
Yea that's for sure. The here one minute then wake up in the hospital would be worse I think. I've almost been hit a few times. Blowing off or weedeating curbs at work. But 60mph. That's detrimental.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lol, yeah I don’t remember shit from a few days before until the 29th
I was doa and brought back.
What saved me was a plant worker that saw everything and had his life kit with him.

I was told I went fishing and hit a three man limit on trout and reddfish the day before.
I wish I could remember that. Lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what exactly is it that makes certain people more perceptive to the supernatural?

I'm sure everyone has heard that kids and dogs can see or sense something more so than older people.

Not sure on that one.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty sure your story is crazier than mine.
It may be. Young stupid teen. Drugs gangs and rap music. Lol now I have a 5 inch redneck beard.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Could be a lot of things. Faith, strange encounters or experiences. Pick a reason. I have had some things happen that just couldn't be (still haven't) been explained.

Could have been some chemical reaction, adrenaline, toxic gas, god or aliens. Who knows. Its that element of uncertainty, plus conditioning, plus everything else spun together. Really looking death in the face will do weird shit to a person.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I think it’s as simple as being open minded and accepting.
I think being from New Orleans and our culture there helps to sort of
Keep you open to certain possibilities.
Between voodoo, devout Catholicism and Native American influences, we are surrounded by so many beliefs in different afterlife’s that it’s almost engrained to be a reality.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I think it’s as simple as being open minded and accepting.
I think being from New Orleans and our culture there helps to sort of
Keep you open to certain possibilities.
Between voodoo, devout Catholicism and Native American influences, we are surrounded by so many beliefs in different afterlife’s that it’s almost engrained to be a reality.

And the Irish. One would be amazed how rich New Orleans is in Irish history.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well apparently I've had a boring life compared to most people lol.

I've only had a couple bad things happen to me. I got into a car accident going 120mph but walked away without a scratch. I've gone too deep in a lake and inhaled water only to cough it up when I reached the surface.

My dad passed away when I was 14, my 14 year old cousin died the same year. I have no grand parents left. None of this could matter and I'm just blabbing.

I consider myself a very open minded person, but like I said, I need to see it to believe it. So maybe I'm not as open minded as I think?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've only had a couple bad things happen to me. I got into a car accident going 120mph but walked away without a scratch. I've gone too deep in a lake and inhaled water only to cough it up when I reached the surface.

My dad passed away when I was 14, my 14 year old cousin died the same year. I have no grand parents left. None of this could matter and I'm just blabbing.

I consider myself a very open minded person, but like I said, I need to see it to believe it. So maybe I'm not as open minded as I think?

I was 14 when my dad died too

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Lol, yeah I don’t remember shit from a few days before until the 29th
I was doa and brought back.
What saved me was a plant worker that saw everything and had his life kit with him.

I was told I went fishing and hit a three man limit on trout and reddfish the day before.
I wish I could remember that. Lol

At least you stayed true to the fishermans tales right. I bet that trout was 20lbs.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
At least you stayed true to the fishermans tales right. I bet that trout was 20lbs.
I’ve always questioned the authenticity of that story. My buddies didn’t have any photographic evidence.
But it made me feel better. :giggle:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

A lot of people are like that.
I was always skeptical but open...But that’s back to the environmental exposures.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A lot of people are like that.
I was always skeptical but open...But that’s back to the environmental exposures.
That's me alright. Like if @Wtmke1 posted a video from his experience, I would most likely say that it was edited because I didn't see it myself. Lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I really do think it's a willingness to accept that things can be seen or experienced which are completely outside the usual human senses. People who don't think there IS anything outside human existence, will never see anything outside it -- anything that they do see or experience, they will explain away in some "rational" explanation. So rather than "seeing is believing," which is very often not reliable at all, it's actually "believing is seeing."

Andria

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I really do think it's a willingness to accept that things can be seen or experienced which are completely outside the usual human senses. People who don't think there IS anything outside human existence, will never see anything outside it -- anything that they do see or experience, they will explain away in some "rational" explanation. So rather than "seeing is believing," which is very often not reliable at all, it's actually "believing is seeing."

Andria
I've thought that very same thing. That if you believe it, you will see it but then I wonder, is it really there or is your brain manifesting it because you want it to be?

I suppose there's no way to really know.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What's that thing that lawyers always say... "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

Andria

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's me alright. Like if @Wtmke1 posted a video from his experience, I would most likely say that it was edited because I didn't see it myself. Lol

That’s probably most people nowadays.
I think a lot of people are like that now as a result of factual evidence being so prevalent with technology, now.
In our parents generation it was harder to find and damn near impossible in our grandparents time.
Faith was more of prevalent as a bi-product.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Maybe perception is linked with expectation?
Such as someone who is in the market for a home, if they are not told the property is haunted they are more willing to explain things away with their mind and logic during the walkthrough and from then on, but if they are told the places was once or is haunted or has paranormal events occur, you’re more likely to assume that what you’re hearing or seeing is due to a ghost?
It might be a neat experiment to have groups of people walking through a property as an Open House scenario and have them make notations of anything they noticed and what they think it was, then at another time or date, walk a group of people through the home under the guise of the property being haunted and have them make the same notations of anything they notice and what they think it’s from and see if there are similarities of things happening in each group that are explained in different ways because of the way the property was described initially.
I lean more towards that there aren’t ghosts/spirits, but I’m by no means one that will not consider it as a possibility with a personal experience or some type of irrefutable proof, which in this day and age of technology is practically non-existent to get or take 100% on faith.
But hey, people believed the world was flat, people thought earth was the center of the universe, etc...I’ve heard it said that “magic is simply science we have yet to discover or understand” and maybe paranormal events can fall under that type of category.
Just out of curiosity, are ghosts vampiric in nature and can only come out at night? Why don’t we ever hear about or see day time haunting events/visits/ghost hunting?
I know it’s probably just due to less interference or contamination of “proof” because during the day is when most others are active, but I’ve always thought that was strange.

Edit: Also, it should be a single person at a time walking through in both scenarios just to eliminate the possibility of the herd mentality running amok and people just agreeing or not agreeing because someone is “poisoning” the group and taking over the project by telling everyone what to think instead of coming up with ideas on their own without outside interference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I want it to almost be like a b rated movie. Ya know without us getting slaughtered. Lol. But I'd love to have physical contact of some sort. Because I think your mind can play tricks on you

VU Sponsors