Become a Patron!

This piece of my vape is bent? Not sure what the piece is called or what to do about it

Purpl3D3ath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So this thing on my vape is bent. It is the attachment between the battery and the tank, the piece that allows the flow of electricity to pass from the battery and to the coils. What is it called? Can I get another piece?
I bought it like this and didn't notice until later, I took it back to the shop I got it from and the owner said it didn't affect the functioning of the device (it doesn't seem to, vapes fine to me) but it looked bad so he gave me an extra ten percent off. My friend says that I should go back in there and try to get the part replaced, but I had bought the shop's last model of this vape and I do not know what I can do to get this piece replaced. I really want to replace it in case it is affecting my vaping experience and I don't know if it is or not because I haven't tried this vape without the piece being bent. I included a photo as to aid in my getting help with this issue.

Attachments

• 20150622_001700.jpg
    20150622_001700.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

307_vapeist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's the pin(or it is on an rda, i'm not a tank guy). If it works and doesn't bother you its probably fine. Just be careful not to get any juice in the gap it will leave between the tank and your mod. However, I would be really pissed at the vape shop guy. He sold you a broken tank and said it wont affect the performance so its fine. Thats fucked up. You should go back and demand a refund or a replacement. It may work now, but its weakened and probably will break at some point in the nearing future.

Purpl3D3ath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks man, I will talk to the guy and see what can be done. He is really nice, but I will admit that he did fuck me over a little bit

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It could cause it to short out later on down the road. I would take it back and exchange it or get a refund.

"War,war never changes

Only The Means of Destruction"

Purpl3D3ath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't exchange it or anything, the warranty ran out so I guess I'm just fucked. I won't be shopping at that store anymore.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What about the stores policy?

"War,war never changes

Purpl3D3ath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know the owner and haven't spoken with him yet, but that is what I was told over the phone by an employee. I wish there was an easy way for me to just buy another pin. It wouldn't even be that expensive if it was possible

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There probably is a way to replace it but it would require tools that most people don't have ...not to say you won't have them...........and in my honest opinion it was messed up for the shop to sell you a tank that was not 100% ...and then not allow you return it or exchange when and if it failed..... I would talk to the owner and find out if he knows his employees are selling jacked up stuff......You didn't pay full price by any chance did you?

"War,war never changes

Purpl3D3ath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The screw itself is bent, not the part that the screw goes into.
And the owner is the one that sold me that vape.
He gave me ten percent off of the vape later when I found out and came back and he couldn't provide a replacement piece. I was satisfied then but now that I know this could cause a short and possibly ruin all of my equipment, I am definitely not happy with that. The vape is apparently a clone, and I was not told this either. It was only $50 though, and when I discovered it was a clone and called up there, they said that all their mods were clones and that is why they are cheaper. Yet nobody mentioned the "authentic mods" sign on the outside or the fake "authenticity check" sticker on the box of my mod.
I paid $89 for a charger that turned out to not work and is lost somewhere now, a clone vape (mod and tank) and an ok battery. I do not know how much of a deal that is though. I don't really care about the charger because I knew it would be terrible (although I hadn't thought that it wouldn't work it all) and was going to buy a much nicer charger anyways.

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You really need to find a new place to purchase your gear from.

Overcharged for a damaged authentic that turned out to be a clone and $89 dollars for a charger that never worked and is now lost.

Not sure what that was a clone of but you can get a really, really good charger (that even charges batteries when you plug it in) for less than $30.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The screw itself is bent, not the part that the screw goes into.
And the owner is the one that sold me that vape.
He gave me ten percent off of the vape later when I found out and came back and he couldn't provide a replacement piece. I was satisfied then but now that I know this could cause a short and possibly ruin all of my equipment, I am definitely not happy with that. The vape is apparently a clone, and I was not told this either. It was only $50 though, and when I discovered it was a clone and called up there, they said that all their mods were clones and that is why they are cheaper. Yet nobody mentioned the "authentic mods" sign on the outside or the fake "authenticity check" sticker on the box of my mod.
I paid $89 for a charger that turned out to not work and is lost somewhere now, a clone vape (mod and tank) and an ok battery. I do not know how much of a deal that is though. I don't really care about the charger because I knew it would be terrible (although I hadn't thought that it wouldn't work it all) and was going to buy a much nicer charger anyways.
Well did he use lube....that's the question I have now......and I mean that in the most respectful way it can be taken

"War,war never changes

Purpl3D3ath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You really need to find a new place to purchase your gear from.

Overcharged for a damaged authentic that turned out to be a clone and $89 dollars for a charger that never worked and is now lost.

Not sure what that was a clone of but you can get a really, really good charger (that even charges batteries when you plug it in) for less than $30.
The charger was not 89 dollars. Overall everything together was 89 dollars.

Purpl3D3ath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just went up there and the owner said that he couldn't do anything about it. I guess I'll just have to scour the internet for a replacement piece. I've seen them for other mods, maybe one will fit mine, idk. We'll see. I might have to order a few different ones until I find one that fits right.

Purpl3D3ath

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks but no really! You screw it back to the mod and just bend it back. If you do
and it snaps in two I'll pull all my posts in this thread and deny I ever ran on to it. :D
That sounds like a terrible idea. Being that this mod is a clone, the threading that the screw screws into is made of hard plastic and that will really mess things up.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Now that's an idea l. What tool should I use to straighten it
Vise grips ....or if its to stubborn try knocking it back straight with a hammer........ I don't know your experience with tools but I would start off simply tapping it and then increasing the power of the tap ever so slightly till you see it move .if your good with tools disregard those last statements. I don't mean to sound cocky there are a lot of different kind of people on here

"War,war never changes

D

Donald Bickers

Now that's an idea l. What tool should I use to straighten it
Vise grips ....or if its to stubborn try knocking it back straight with a hammer........ I don't know your experience with tools but I would start off simply tapping it and then increasing the power of the tap ever so slightly till you see it move .if your good with tools disregard those last statements. I don't mean to sound cocky there are a lot of different kind of people on here

"War,war never changes

this post covers what I was gonna tell you to try

VU Sponsors