Become a Patron!

This Guy is a Major Idiot: Don’t fall for the hype Nicotine is a poison, no matter how its delivered

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The comments are funny as hell.
The article is complete horseshit - 5150

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/feb/19/nicotine-poison-e-cigarettes-evidence

Dick Puddlecote's Blog Post About "Nash Riggins" a Man Possibly Going for the Dumbass of the Year Award.

"An Unfortunate Day To Write Crap About E-Cigs"

http://dickpuddlecote.blogspot.com/2015/02/an-unfortunate-day-to-write-crap-about.html

"You see, his article is entitled "Don’t fall for the hype. Nicotine is a poison, no matter how it is delivered" but comes on the same day that a game-changing polar opposite view was published at the Spectator."

E-cigarettes save lives

http://www.spectator.co.uk/health/features-health/cover-feature/9442271/e-cigarettes-save-lives/

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You gotta love how clueless (or biased) journalists are. From TFA:

That tar may contain up to 7,000 different toxins, which are otherwise found in everything from rat poison to nail polish. E-cigs, on the other hand, produce a light, tar-free vapour. But this doesn’t necessarily make them any safer.

Er.. yes, yes it does. You just said it yourself you dumb jackass!

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing written here changes the fact the Nicotine is poisonous.
Nicotine is rated as a level 4 health hazard according to the NFPA704 standard.
Ingesting high quantity is fatal and is one of the most potent of the alkaloid family.
Nicotine was used as an insecticide.

Last edited:

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nothing written here changes the fact the Nicotine is poisonous.
Nicotine is rated as a level 4 health hazard according to the NFPA704 standard.
Ingesting high quantity is fatal and is one of the most potent of the alkaloid family.
Nicotine was used as an insecticide.
All of this is true, but it should be noted that said poison was sprayed on food when used as an insecticide, and occurs naturally in other foods like eggplant and potatoes.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All of this is true, but it should be noted that said poison was sprayed on food when used as an insecticide, and occurs naturally in other foods like eggplant and potatoes.
You forgot tomatoes:) they are all part of the nightshade family.

I was just referring to the wrong statement at the subject and gave some examples.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You forgot tomatoes:) they are all part of the nightshade family.

I was just referring to the wrong statement at the subject and gave some examples.
I listen to this really weird radio show when I'm driving at night, and they used to have guests on claiming that bees got high from the nicotine in the insecticide and couldn't find their way back to the hive. Lol. Bees with a buzz.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I listen to this really weird radio show when I'm driving at night, and they used to have guests on claiming that bees got high from the nicotine in the insecticide and couldn't find their way back to the hive. Lol. Bees with a buzz.
Good thing it was not caffeine or they would have turned into killer bees:D

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agreed, he's a tool! The spectator article was great though! Really well written :D

This quote needs to be shared everywhere:

We need clear, unambiguous messages to smokers about the safety and benefits of e-cigs. An example is the March 2014 statement on the Royal College of Physicians website that ‘the main benefit of e-cigarettes is that they provide inhalable nicotine in a formulation that mimics the behavioural components of smoking but has relatively little risk… Switching completely from tobacco to e-cigarettes achieves much the same in health terms as does quitting smoking and all nicotine use completely. Furthermore… risks associated with passive exposure to e-cigarette vapour are far less than those associated with passive exposure to tobacco smoke.’

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
if it was C2C am then ya they have a bunch of colony collapse stuff a while back that was supposed to be linked to nicatiniod pesticides.
While I doubt they got the bees high it just flat fucking killed them, there was a massive bee killing not to far from here with nicotine based pesticides that were used.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
if it was C2C am then ya they have a bunch of colony collapse stuff a while back that was supposed to be linked to nicatiniod pesticides.
While I doubt they got the bees high it just flat fucking killed them, there was a massive bee killing not to far from here with nicotine based pesticides that were used.
That's the one. Their claim was that it messed with their sense of direction so they just flew off. It's a crazy show though. I just listen because it keeps me entertained when I'm driving nights.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's the one. Their claim was that it messed with their sense of direction so they just flew off. It's a crazy show though. I just listen because it keeps me entertained when I'm driving nights.
I am wondering if it is that starch only no fat no meat wingnut that claimed this. I trust no one that does not eat meat, they are all bat shit insane from their own bodies going into starvation mode.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing written here changes the fact the Nicotine is poisonous.[...]

As with any other chemical element, the dosage is what makes it toxic or not. Oxygen and water are deadly too if you consume too much of them. Nicotine, at low dosage, is quite beneficial.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am wondering if it is that starch only no fat no meat wingnut that claimed this. I trust no one that does not eat meat, they are all bat shit insane from their own bodies going into starvation mode.
It was that woman they used to have on all the time. Can't think of her name to save my life though. I think her website is called earth files?

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It was that woman they used to have on all the time. Can't think of her name to save my life though. I think her website is called earth files?
Linda Moulten Howe.
Ya I honestly kind of trust her digging around to explore it.. must have been one of her wingnut interview people. I have seen first hand the damage to bee population the neonicatiniods do to them.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Linda Moulten Howe.
Ya I honestly kind of trust her digging around to explore it.. must have been one of her wingnut interview people. I have seen first hand the damage to bee population the neonicatiniods do to them.
That's her. Could have been in one of her interviews. I remember her explaining it, but she usually does paraphrase and explain after playing the clips.

VU Sponsors