Become a Patron!

Thinking About Purchasing

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey all, I am thinking about purchasing the Kangertech Evod 2 Double Starter Kit. In the box ...

2pc EVOD Manual battery (Constant output voltage: 3.7v; Capacity:650mAh)
2pc EVOD 2 BDCC (Bottom Dual Coil Changeable) 1.6ml Clearomizer (Resistance:1.5ohm)
5pc Bottom Coil Heads (Resistance:1.5ohm)
1pc 400mA eGo Fast USB Charger
1pc English User Manual
Colors: SILVER
Ecig Size: Diameter 14mm; Length:135mm
Battery Output Voltage: 3.7v
Battery Capacity: 650mAh
Clearomizer Resistance: 1.5ohm Dual Coil
Clearomizer Capacity:1.6ml
Threading:510/eGo

Would like to get some input on if this is a good purchase or should I keep looking. I like the 2 batteries in this as I can have one fully charged while using the other.

Any thoughts?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It is a good basic starter kit. But depends on the price. Might want to take a look at the Innokin VV 3.0. They are pretty nice. You can get the whole kit for around $30 without a clearo. Then you can get whatever clearo you want. Much better choices than the EVOD oout there.

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$32.00 for the Evod Starter Kit. I just want something I can carry around during the day and have a back up battery to go with it.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
$32.00 for the Evod Starter Kit. I just want something I can carry around during the day and have a back up battery to go with it.

I guess that is a good price for all you get. And you would have a back-up battery. You will outgrow it fast though. Those 650mAh batteries don't last long before needing a charge.

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just something to hold me over until I can get a better set up. I dont vape much while at work and when I get home I am with my Vamo but I need something more dependable then what I have now which is junk from a local BM.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh if you already have a set-up for home the VV 3.0 might be a better bet. It is an 800mAh battery with vv and vw as well as pass-thru. Plug it into your phone charger on the way to and from work. I still have two that I use for doing yardwork. Top them with a Kanger T2 and I am good to go. They also read resistance and have a puff counter.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're not opposed to box mods, get the MVP 2 or Groove II. I came from an Evod Starter Kit myself, and if I had known, I would've gone straight to either one of the above.

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would def get the MVP 2, if you really want a pen style I'd go with the Innokin VV

simplynewt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crapski's. I pulled the trigger on the Evod and visited my local BM who told me the Evod was junk. I was told that the batteries go out in about 3 or 4 months and loose their conductivity. Yet another lesson learned on my Vaping Journey. I am now considering purchasing the MVP2 to carry with me during the day.

Has anyone else had this much fun when they started out vaping? I mean all the mistakes and wrong purchases before finally getting it right?

VU Sponsors