Become a Patron!

Things you do to relax

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Things I do to relax, read. I prefer paper books to screens. Watching or listening to stand up comics, when I had a long commute I found it passed the time with less stress than hearing the same songs over again listening to comedy on xm radio. Unfortunately some of my favorites have passed, George Carlin, Ralphie May and John Pinette.

Tv can be relaxing, especially nature shows or things on the science channel. Shows about outer space, the planets, stars, black holes etc. Episodes like 'the cosmos' narrated by Morgan Freeman. I used to like survival shows but most of the good ones have gone to hell imo. I still enjoy Les Stroud's Survivorman, I liked the original 'dual survival' when it was Cody and Dave. Naked and Afraid was decent but they've gone all drama like 'survivor' or 'big brother'. Seems to be the fate of reality shows, 'top shot' was good the first few seasons then quickly turned into the kardashians with a little target shooting mixed in.

In nicer weather sometimes it's nice to just kick back and enjoy nature or look at the stars on warmer nights. May not work for folks in cities or suburbs, there's lots of wildlife and things out in rural areas. Not sure if it's really 'relaxing' as much as stress relief, a good first person shooter game wasting enemies gets rid of the initial stress. That or target shooting. Not just blasting targets but taking longer shots becomes almost therapeutic or a form of meditation when you focus and hear your own heartbeat. That moment when you breathe slow and exhale just before firing is almost as blissful as sliding into a hottub imo.

VU Sponsors