Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It's SO HOT HERE
The whole country has reel feel temp over 100 this week:facepalm:

It feels like i'm stepping into an oven when I walk outside.

When it rains it doesn't even cool down. it just makes the street into a huge sauna:facepalm::facepalm:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The crazy part is I live in Central Florida and it's HOTTER up North from Virginia to New York as well as the entire center of the Country.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The Fourth of July. Always one of my favorite holidays. I miss the cookouts, friends and some of my family, fireworks and the weather. The holidays always make me homesick. I hope all of you Americans have a good 4th.

Where did you move to, why did you move? A good place and for good reasons I bet

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We are having a coolish 4th...not very hot for July...had a great 4th lots of cooking out ,pies and watermelons.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The crazy part is I live in Central Florida and it's HOTTER up North from Virginia to New York as well as the entire center of the Country.

Yeah I'm in ATL and it's been a nice summer day; 87, now around 80, and the humidity is NOTHING like it was last year, and also mid-90s last year! Our grill is just about ready to grill the steaks, nice bed of coals -- a huge porterhouse for my husband, and some nice NY Strips for me and the spawn, all ofr 'em at least an inch thick -- we went to an actual butcher this year instead of the grocery, so this is gonna be GREAT! :) :) :) :stars::stars2:

Andria

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's SO HOT HERE
The whole country has reel feel temp over 100 this week:facepalm:

It feels like i'm stepping into an oven when I walk outside.

When it rains it doesn't even cool down. it just makes the street into a huge sauna:facepalm::facepalm:

We're going to get to a point where all this abnormal weather will be normal some day. That kind of sucks, doesn't it?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep. :wait: 8 pm in KY and it's 98 here. The heat index is a lovely 116. Summer can bite me. I fucking hate summer.:kickbutt:

I haven't seen snow since 1997. My winters it gets down to high 40's at night and I'm always freezing. It doesn't help that we don't have any heat in the UAE apart from little space heaters. I'm pretty sure I couldn't deal with snow and freezing temps anymore. But it sure is pretty in the pictures, ain't it?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where did you move to, why did you move? A good place and for good reasons I bet

I've been in the Gulf since 99. I just spent a month in Thailand and it was monsoon season. Damn near the equator and rain just about everyday. Talk about hot and humid, it kicks your ass hard. Then I went over to Sri Lanka for a couple of weeks with my boys and stayed right on a beach. Again, hot and humid. I got home last night. It's 110-120F everyday here in the desert but it's dry where I am. This I can deal with.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't seen snow since 1997. My winters it gets down to high 40's at night and I'm always freezing. It doesn't help that we don't have any heat in the UAE apart from little space heaters. I'm pretty sure I couldn't deal with snow and freezing temps anymore. But it sure is pretty in the pictures, ain't it?
No snow since 97? Aw man, no way. Granted, we don't get much here, anymore, I'd be super sad without any at all. At least it does get cold. Right about now, I'd be loving the 40s.

It's finally a normal temp here, just past midnight. 82 degrees! Much, much better.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No snow since 97? Aw man, no way. Granted, we don't get much here, anymore, I'd be super sad without any at all. At least it does get cold. Right about now, I'd be loving the 40s.

It's finally a normal temp here, just past midnight. 82 degrees! Much, much better.

My wife's family is in Atlanta and we have a home there. That's where we'll retire. They have some nasty ice storms there and even a bit of snow. That's as far north as I'll live in the US. But the idea of spending a week or two in New England in the winter is tempting. I could deal with it as long as I know I'm leaving. lol.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My wife's family is in Atlanta and we have a home there. That's where we'll retire. They have some nasty ice storms there and even a bit of snow. That's as far north as I'll live in the US. But the idea of spending a week or two in New England in the winter is tempting. I could deal with it as long as I know I'm leaving. lol.

I'm from ATL, lived here my whole life except for 5 yrs in Michigan. And frankly, snow up north is MUCH easier to deal with than snow/ice down here -- up there, they know what to do about snow and how to do it and life goes on. Down here? Ugh. Snowpocalypse... with a half inch on the ground. Everything comes to a complete standstill, everyone goes stark raving mad. :facepalm: This guy completely nails how ATL responds to the LEAST threat of snow:

Andria

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm from ATL, lived here my whole life except for 5 yrs in Michigan. And frankly, snow up north is MUCH easier to deal with than snow/ice down here -- up there, they know what to do about snow and how to do it and life goes on. Down here? Ugh. Snowpocalypse... with a half inch on the ground. Everything comes to a complete standstill, everyone goes stark raving mad. :facepalm: This guy completely nails how ATL responds to the LEAST threat of snow:

Andria

What a bunch of pansies!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Andria

Hahaha, same in Arkansas - "We might get a half inch of snow, GOT TO GO TO WALMART AND BUY MILK!!!"

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What a bunch of pansies!

I think the worst of it is actually caused by the northerners -- and we got lots! They're all "hell, that ain't much, I can drive in that." Yeah, maybe you could after the salt truck goes by.. but guess what idiot, we ain't got salt trucks down here, or, what few there are, are salting the interstates, not the side roads! So they go out driving and end up in a ditch, but still blocking the road, and the roads turn into parking lots. :facepalm: And the news idiots go completely nuts too, pre-empting all TV so they can blather endlessly about the "snowpocalypse" of an inch of snow. Fucking morons.

The worst of it is the ice, by FAR. And many times, snow here one day, turns into ice overnight, so again, no one goes anywhere. It's a nightmare. Freezing rain must be one of the lower circles of hell, bringing down all those spindly pine trees on the wires which we all need like we need air to breathe. :facepalm:

Andria

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the worst of it is actually caused by the northerners -- and we got lots! They're all "hell, that ain't much, I can drive in that." Yeah, maybe you could after the salt truck goes by.. but guess what idiot, we ain't got salt trucks down here, or, what few there are, are salting the interstates, not the side roads! So they go out driving and end up in a ditch, but still blocking the road, and the roads turn into parking lots. :facepalm: And the news idiots go completely nuts too, pre-empting all TV so they can blather endlessly about the "snowpocalypse" of an inch of snow. Fucking morons.

The worst of it is the ice, by FAR. And many times, snow here one day, turns into ice overnight, so again, no one goes anywhere. It's a nightmare. Freezing rain must be one of the lower circles of hell, bringing down all those spindly pine trees on the wires which we all need like we need air to breathe. :facepalm:

Andria

Keep talking, you're convincing me to move to Arizona. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Keep talking, you're convincing me to move to Arizona. :)

They get monsoons along with downbursts, and dust storms too. And strangely enough, during their summer "monsoon" season, they even get high humidity... or at least, what Arizonans THINK is high humidity, though I'm unconvinced that it's anything like Atlanta in the summer -- which is a lot like trying to breathe jello thru a sponge. If not for AC, I'd suffocate.

Andria

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
California reminds me of a few countries I've been to, such as France or Greece. They're great places but unfortunately they're full of their people.
It gets worse by the minute... Don't move to Cali I cant wait to get out of here, unfortunately that's not happening soon :(

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What’s wrong with California people. I live in Wisconsin and never have been there but looks so beautiful.
California is a third world country...and like all third world countries it is a wonderfull place if you have the money..if you have the money you don't see the crime, the filth, the poverty ,the goverment abuses. While a handfull who mostly live along the coast in affluence the rest of the state struggles and the working class within the coastal belt can no longer afford to buy homes.in fact they can no longer afford to pay rent,So like the third world the affluent of California pressure the state goverment to allow massive waves of illegal aliens into the state which drives down wages and opputunities for the American working class, but makes the affluent's dollar go much farther..it has now got to the point where in some of the most affluent coastal cities have shantytowns like in Mexico city or Rio or Sao Paulo are starting to spring up...the working poor are being driven into the streets...the infastucture money has been stolen and handed over to political friends and to buy votes from targeted communities and so roads and damns and bridges are in disrepair.California's economy is big,but it's debt is far bigger,and growing.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I miss the south... not so much now that it’s summer; and, warm. However, in a few months when the cold sets in, I’ll get that itchy feeling of needing warm muggies.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cheer up, I am sure Warm Muggies can be found in any state, now.. Outside 7-11, or Motel-6, or anywhere in chitown, Detroit, Dearborn, A2, DC, SF..

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What’s wrong with California people. I live in Wisconsin and never have been there but looks so beautiful.
I live in Minnesota so we get similar winters. Lots of snowmobiling, skiing, and ice fishing goes on. Otherwise people mostly stay inside cuz it's cold out.

I've been to California. Not the northern part tho. I would love to see it.

JayyVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I live in Minnesota so we get similar winters. Lots of snowmobiling, skiing, and ice fishing goes on. Otherwise people mostly stay inside cuz it's cold out.

I've been to California. Not the northern part tho. I would love to see it.
Oh yea, I appreciate the summers thanks to are horrible winters. Each time I catch myself complaining about the heat I just think would I rather be outside shoveling out my car haha

VU Sponsors