Not open for further replies.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
In these reviews, I will be spending a few days with each offering from both well established, and up-and-coming juice crafters.

What I will be covering is a comparison between the tasting notes as supplied by each vendor, to my own person observations. I will be elaborating in regards to: Mouth Feel, Flavour Profiles, Vapour Production, Atomiser Suitability, All Day Vape Suitability.
It is necessary for me to express that I do not work for these companies and craftspersons, and am in NO way compensated for my reviews aside from the initial receipt of one 4ml sample of each flavour from each line. My opinions are candid, subjective, and blunt. It is my goal to not just vape a juice and write down my opinion, but to spend some time with each flavour, vaping at various times of the day, and in various locales. I will be judging atomiser suitability by testing in the Kanger SubTank Mini, The Sat22 Geneisis Style Atomiser, and the Mutation X v2 RDA. I will be further testing these using a dual 18650 machanical box mod as well as a bottom feeding single 18650 mechanical box mod.
Keeping in the spirit of the thought, philosophy, execution, and quality standards set forth in various communications with the makers and/or their representatives…I feel it appropriate to adjudge these juices as one would sample and comment on a wine.
Again, I am under no obligation whatsoever to these fine crafters to be anything other than impartial in my review…that said, if I do not like a juice, I will say so…but in a constructive manner inasmuch as my tastes and yours will obviously differ.
It is my hope that you enjoy my reviews, and find them informative and inspirational!

Franciscan.

The Foggy Friar.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
VayGCaW.jpg
It is a gloomy and rainy day here in the Show Me State, but I am happy to bring you my thoughts on Five Pawns “Fifth Rank”! Lets give a read to some sage words on this intriguing juice.

“A lively fusion that’s reminiscent of the lost vintage drink known as the “Lime Rickey,” but with a substituted sweet champagne. The effervescent note of horehound herb is counterbalanced by a sweet cream, vanilla bean, roasted almond, and a twist of lime.”

Hana Mini Pack V3 set to 26.5w / Kanger SubTank Nano @ .5 and 1.2 ohms

Mouth Feel: Effervescent with a very distinct “bathing” of the throat with mint. Full and whilst there is no oiliness, there is no dryness present.

Flavour Profile: Fizzy lime notes are the prevailing presentation on the tip and top of the tongue, followed by the most interesting introduction of a mint that few have experienced. Horehound is most often found as a candy lozenge used to soothe sore throats…and certainly a flavour that I loathe. The leaves can be found in natural herbal teas that one would find in specialty shops. This mint is unique in that it lacks the oily bite of the traditional mints such as Peppermint and Spearmint. The presentation is thorough and soothing…one could even say it feels therapeutic. The Lime/Champagne presentation stands alone as smooth due to the vanilla…and carries a “roasty” note that seems out of place, but fits perfectly between the citrus and mint.

Vapour Production: Pleasing for the ratio, but the exhale is minty sweet so it is difficult to let it out quickly! I tend to limit the air flow somewhat so I can experience as much of the profile as possible.

Atomiser Suitability: Works a treat in tanks with various resistance builds…the mint can be somewhat aggressive in drippers. Flavour builds capture all of the nuances.

All Day Vape?: For mint lovers, yes. Otherwise this a great counterpoint juice to break up a rotation of dessert and bakery vapes.

This is the juice that inspired me to become a reviewer. It is the sheer creativity of this “road less traveled” that convinced me that we have only come part of the way in what is possible for e-juices. “Fifth Rank” stands far outside the norm and gladly so. I have tasted herbal juices that for the first 30 seconds seemed brilliant, but in time just come off as a one trick pony. “I am tired of this damn medicine and WANT SOME CANDY!!” With “Fifth Rank” you feel soothed, but are also give some treats that keep you intrigued. This is the second time that I have experienced a roasted nut flavour that was complimentary instead of predominant.
Once again, a juice has taken me to another place….this time I am at a horse show in the springtime….ladies in their floppy hats, and gentlemen in cardigans stepping out of their Morgans. It is lively and awakening…..fresh and surprising. I can not express enough how soothing the mint is as it bathes your throat! Brilliant effort as I have come to expect from the alchemists at Five Pawns!

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
3bM3uUq.jpg
On this fine day where for once it is not polar freezing out, I’m feeling inspired to talk to you all about Five Pawns “Sixty-Four”. First lets have a wee look at what Five Pawns has to say.

“Utilizing a clear grapefruit liqueur, this light and refreshing blend is reminiscent of a chilled mojito hybrid. We’ve combined cucumber, lemon zest, muddled mint, and just a hint of dill.”

Hana DNA 30 set at 17w / Kanger SubTank Mini @ 1.2ohms

Mouth Feel: Cooling presentation of bruised or muddled herbal mint. Very light with a clean finish and subtle lingering tingle.

Flavour Profile: All flavours are quite present at varying degrees of concentration depending on power and resistance settings. Lemon zest and grapefruit are only present at higher resistance and lower power which I will elaborate on in my final thoughts. Higher power and lower resistance present a tszatziki sauce/tabouleh feel, whilst the opposite of the spectrum presents the claimed mojito hybrid sensation.

Vapour Production: Whilst unimpressive at what I would call “optimal” settings, punching things up a wee bit produce what has become standard for the 50/50 ratio that is standard for Five Pawns entire line.

Atomiser Suitability: There is NO wiggle room here folks. In order to make this juice enjoyable, it MUST be in a tank. Sub-ohming is not advised as the most critical elements of the flavour profile go missing, and what you wind up with is a mouth full of Mediterranean salad.

All Day Vape?: In a word, no. I do like this juice, but it is outside of my tastebud’s comfort zone. I favour bakery, dessert, liqueur vapes, and this is none of the above. It is surprising and brave, and a welcome departure from what is known, but best enjoyed on occasion when something different is desired.

I recall with great amusement a time when I was in Bruges and ordered on a whim…veal marrow. What came to the table was a platter of roasted veal bones with shaved black truffle, thick sliced baguette, and a slender silver pick with a elongated spoon tip. My first reaction was “Oh my! This smells heavenly….but how in the hell to I eat it??” Welcome to “Sixty-Four”.

The olfactory test entices and promises a citrus and herbal vape, which is quite lovely. At my normal settings of .5ohm @ 25w I was immediately transported to Greece via Dubai. What I am trying to convey here is that with roasted lamb shank and jasmine rice seasoned with roasted garlic and sumac, this would have made for a divine meal….but this is a juice we are talking about!!!

If I could select a single word for this juice, it would be “Courageous”. Nobody would dream of making this, but Five Pawns did. Now I know the creator of this juice, and he is no stranger to fine dining, and is certainly no fool. So if he is no fool, and this juice is four timezones from centre, then what do we make of this? This I will tell you, and I URGE you to take heed!

There are a dozen ways to vape this incorrectly, and only one way to bring out every nuance that is promised….GENTLY. This is not for vapour, this is not an “impress your mates” juice….this is an experiment on where the craftsman can go and not lose the plot in the process. I strongly feel that my settings that were explained earlier is the best possible method of coaxing out the highly necessary, yet subtle notes of lemon and grapefruit….it needs to be there to balance the BRIGHT mint leaves and dill.

In this fashion, you get the mojito’ish experience that would come in a sophisticated cocktail lounge in a hotel in the Emirates…and not some shot of nonsense found in most any meat market corner bar.

Vape open-mindedly and gently, and experience the rarified air of savoury vapes.

Last edited:

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I'm kind of surprised that you didn't get more caramel or ice cream notes, because to me, they seem much more prevalent. Maybe that's the difference between your build a 0.40 single coil that I use. I agree that the apple is subdued. It's a natural apple taste versus a candied/sweet/tart apple that you get in a lot of vapes. I also agree with your "bottom crust" assessment. There's a very well blended pastry element here.

There are 3 Five Pawns flavors that are always on my desk: Gambit, Grandmaster, and Castle Long. The other flavors don't really do it for me, but these three are some of the best e-liquids on the market IMHO.

A great read, sir. Always in interested in reading new perspectives on juices that I like. ;)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
ZFL4T5Q.jpg
Today I will share my views on Five Pawns “Perpetual Check”. Here we have some words on this rather surprising and bewitching juice.

“Our tart, yet unique black currant liqueur makes this delicate blend of lemon zest, sweet fig, barley, and cinnamon stick come together for a sweetly intoxicating blend.”

Al Mood DNA 40 set at 22 watts non-temp / Kanger SubTank Nano at .5 ohms OCC head rebuilt as a micro.

Mouth Feel: Mellow, full, round…with a very subtle but apparent tingle of cinnamon.

Flavour Profile: Another juice from Five Pawns that is summed up in it’s entirety in their words.

Dark fruits are the body of this blend followed by a appropriate amount of cassia cinnamon. To my palate the cinnamon combines with the fig and toasted barley to almost produce a hint of clove….if that was intentional on Five Pawns part….THANK YOU. Do not look for a lemon note as one would assume in the description as it does not serve so much as a flavour component as much as a source of citrus oil to keep the flavours from becoming muddied, and again this is a bit of clever alchemy on the craftsman’s part.

Vapour Production: From a volume perspective, it as surprising as I have come to expect from Five Pawns, but what really brings a smile is the sheer “hang time” of the cloud. I can only attribute this to the relative oiliness of the lemon zest and fig.

Atomiser Suitability: I enjoyed both tanks and drippers with this. Even at 6mg it was smooth and interesting without that “ok, I need to put this down” feeling which I will get to in a moment. Like any juice that features cinnamon, if you push this, the cinnamon will ramp up and dominate, which in this case is not a good thing as you miss out on the rarely utilised dark fruits.

All Day Vape?: Despite the spice notes on the back and sides of the tongue, yes. It is more a tingle that awakens than it is a sensation that tires. The overall presentation is subtle yet significant, not too many layers.

Perpetual Check is quite well named in that it intrigues despite the mild frustration of trying to name what you are tasting. Chess is about strategy seasoned with a battle against one’s own ego. This juice tends to put you in that same scenario….that “I WILL figure you out” state of enjoyment. The true pleasure of this offering is the opportunity to explore the darker fruits that do not present the familiar brightness and citric acidity that are hallmarked in most other juices. This mellowness and balance are achieved without feeling the need to be sweet and that is what makes Perpetual Check quite easy to vape and difficult to put aside. My journey through the Five Pawns line has been the road less traveled for me….sophisticated yet not presumptuous, clever and inventive without being contrived and too obscure. Perpetual Check is a Thoroughbred that can also travel a quiet path.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
xP3wix8.jpg
On this installment of my reviews of Five Pawns we explore a very lush and shameless offering called “Bowden’s Mate”.

In the words of the craftsmen at Five Pawns: “Inspired by the after-dinner mint, this flavorful chocolate is sharpened by crisp mint, ending with a touch of French vanilla. Seductive yet soft, with a refreshing effervescent note.”

Hana Mini Pack V3 set at 22watts / Kanger Nano at .5 ohms.

Mouth Feel: Subtle initial tingle across the mid to back of the tongue with a simultaneous presentation of mint at the entrance to the throat. The mint notes really awaken the inside of the cheeks and provide some excitement.

Flavour Profile: Anything I have to say beyond Five Pawn’s own tasting notes seems somewhat superfluous if I’m honest. What one would assume to be an initial flavour of chocolate is preceded in a very surprising and refreshing way by a mint that is neither aggressive nor artificial. This mint in comparison to many others I’ve tasted seems extracted from other than the standard wintergreen or spearmint…almost more herbal and soothing. I will stress at this point that I LOATHE menthol and am quite pleased to announce that this is a very relaxing experience that presents itself as rather relaxing.

The initial titilation of mint is further tempered by a wave of subtle chocolate that is quite surprising in it’s authenticity. Again, one finds very pretentious attempts at chocolate in a majority of the juices available, and brings one to be overly skeptical about other attempts. This is a very lush and round vape that has incredible balance on the back of the mouth and exhale, and conjures memories of a particular rectangle shaped chocolate/mint treat wrapped in green foil backed paper. Do not be afraid to push this one a bit because when dripped, it does not attempt to “freeze” your throat. This is so very indulgent and delightful and demands to be shared!

Vapour Production: As typical of the other offerings from Five Pawns, the vapour production is impressive for a 50/50 ratio juice, and has the same complexities as the inhale…..blow plumes at your friends, they will thank you!

Atomiser Suitability: The softness of this blend really shines in a tank or genesis style atomiser, but can be dripped with abandon, although I recommend rigging with a single coil and keeping below 40 watts.

All Day Vape?: Bowden’s Mate in my opinion is a bit robust for an ADV, but is not at all inappropriate in any situation in any weather….when you want a vape that will put a smile on your face, reach for this.

I really was anticipating a heavily weighted experience with Bowden’s Mate, something “too candy” or too minty, and another “nice try, maybe next time” chocolate experience but this one is truly a pearl. Pitch perfect in every nuance and quite decadent. One of my more pleasing experiences was after breakfast with a cup of coffee whilst watching the snow fall….I just felt transported to Switzerland.

As I have felt on a few occasions during my reviews of Five Pawns juices, I was quite sad to reach the end of this sample just as one would feel when finding the candy jar empty.

Forget what you know about chocolate and mint in e-juices and prepare yourself for an indulgence that feels like it belongs on your pillow at turn down time.

Last edited:

driver379

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Today we take a look at “Castle Long”. This will be a struggle for me as I have SO much to say about this juice. Lets take a look at what the makers have to say.

“Our non-barrel aged version is a combination of the dark, refined spirit of Kentucky bourbon, accented with toasted coconut, roasted almond, Madagascar vanilla bean, and laced with a caramelised brown sugar”

Single 18650 REO Grand LP / Reomiser 6 (essentially a bottom fed Stillaire) .5ohm dual micro build.

Mouth Feel: Not overwhelming but more substantial than that “whispy” feeling you get from a tank.

Flavour Profile: This is what really butters my parsnips. EVERYTHING is there and perfectly balanced. The accuracy of each flavour is far beyond what you would equate with a lab, and more what you would expect from a Chef's kitchen, or a posh chocolatier. Nothing is missing from the description.

Vapour Production: On par with a much higher VG juice. Thick and impressive.

Atomiser Suitability: Loves being dripped. Tanks work well with this, but the full body of the juice begs for something more aggressive. I am still astonished that sub-ohming on a dripper really seems to be where Five Pawn's juice WANTS to be.

All Day Vape?: Not just that, but “Dude....you have GOT to try this!. This profile never gets old, you just want more and more.

This is toying with my emotions...truly. This is a vape that needs the perfect surroundings....I am talking oak paneled library with sumptuous oxblood leather wingback chairs. Making love on a yacht in Monte Carlo. This is an adult juice, it is sophisticated without being complex...this is naughty, seductive, posh. You can vape this all day, but it really seems to be at home in the evenings after a rich meal with perfect company. Buy an Aston Martin DB9 and vape with abandon...you WANT everything to smell like this. Jay, if you are reading this....send a sample to a perfumer in Europe....I want to smell like this every day. Each flavour is easily identified and reminds you of things you have eaten....the bourbon is a back-note to the profile as a whole. The toasted coconut dominates, with the toasted almond riding shotgun. The brown sugar tends to make the whiskey tasted rounded and without the expected “bite”.

Finally, this is a juice that tells you that it's maker KNOWS what they are doing. This is what a juice CAN be in the hands of someone who is taking their time. This IS a $27 juice...I have no reservations stating such.
Now why you want to do me like that? See what you did there? Now I have to go and order some Castle Long. I can't afford all this, you people are just killing me! Keep up the good work. I guess you can't take it with you.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
mS3lHR3.jpg
In this episode of TheVapingFriar we will take a look at Five Pawns “Lucena”. This one is just messing with my emotions. In the words of Five Pawns:

“Capturing characteristics of dark spirits is our spiced rum mixed with a juicy, clingstone white peach. This flavor harmony mimics a peach cobbler with a savory rum reduction, and garnished with a freshly shaved hazelnut.”

Hana Mini Pack V3 @ 22w / Kanger Nano @ .50 ohms

Mouth Feel: Slightly tart over the body of the tongue with a pleasant “Roastiness” from the Hazelnut to the rear. Very clean and aromatic.

Flavour Profile: The three elements in the above description are VERY accurately presented…..and in order! The first experience is a spicey rum aromatic that remains true to the spirit without becoming sweet like one would expect, with pronounced spice as one would expect from concentration over heat. I am going to go to great lengths regarding the peaches here. I can not stress enough that this is absolutely a white clingstone peach….NOT a yellow freestone. The white peach has a pleasingly tart and not deeply “peachy” presentation that one normally equates from a ripe yellow peach…but when I say tart, it is a front of the tongue tartness that does not translate to a harsh and throaty finish.

The hazelnut element is wonderfully toasted and multi-dimensioned as one would expect from a slivered or sliced pan roasted nut…smokey and quite accurate.

This MUST have been inspired by an actual dessert as it carries an unlikely combination of parts that one would not normally combine in a vape juice….and after a day of contemplation, I can only imagine this wrapped in a delicate crepe with a dollop of Chantilly crème. This is not a rubust dessert juice whatsoever, but more along the line of a light ending to a satisfying meal. I am smiling as I write this as SOMEONE at Five Pawns has a secret they need to share with me!

Vapour Production: Typically surprising given the ratio…Five Pawns is quite consistent with this which is astounding considering the origins of their flavourings……which I strongly suspect are hand extracted. Whatever they are doing, the extracts play very nicely with the 50% concentration of Vegetable Glycerine.

Atomiser Suitability: I’m going to stress that this one needs to be in a tank. A Genesis style atomiser would assuredly compromise the delicate balance of the profile, whilst dripping could potentially over punch the hazelnut element.

All Day Vape?: Absolutely. Even after four days of vaping this, I still find myself staring at the atomiser going “How did they do this??”. It shines in the evening after a meal.

This one really surprised me at first. I found myself questioning every thing I though I knew about juice, and was wont to say “I like this a lot, but I have no idea WHY?” I have surmised that the flavouring is so “true to description” that it is a very new direction for juice making as a craft because there is clearly some culinary intervention going on.

I am not going to promise that this will be a replacement for your current ADV, but you really do owe it to yourself to experience this as it will astound you to what lengths a flavour spectrum can truly be exploited when one wears a Chef hat with a lab coat. Do add this to your juice arsenal!

Last edited:

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
You pretty much nailed my thoughts on Castle Long exactly. By far my favorite e-liquid. Kind of makes you feel like you're a billion dollar CEO kicked back in your plush leather button back chair, eh?

Do yourself a favor, man. Check out Odin by Ragna-Rok. It's a little cheaper than Castle Long, and the flavor is VERY similar. A guy @ the local vape shop turned me on to that stuff, and it's excellent.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
RWFuPM8.jpg
Today I shall share some thoughts on Five Pawns “Grandmaster”….another juice that I had misgivings about. In the words of Five Pawns:

“This well-balanced taste of smooth, creamy, rich peanut butter and banana cream is drizzled with velvety caramel, creating a multi-layered and savory symmetry.”

Hana Modz Mini V3 @ 20w / Kanger Nano .5 ohms

Mouth Feel: Very aromatic of freshly milled peanuts ( I say milled and not ground due to there being a VERY substantial aromatic quality presenting ).

Flavour Profile: Multi-layered with a predominance of true peanut butter and salt. I was thrilled to not have a Reeses moment with this one…but instead was greeted with a pleasantly salty and oily peanut butter flavour that reminds me of the “grind your own” from Whole Foods Market. I was at odds regarding the presence of caramel, but upon some contemplation, remembered another juice I tried once that also tasted of authentic peanut butter, but vaped rather dry, as if that is ALL that was going on…just peanuts. With Grandmaster, you get a deeper dimension of the prevailing flavour that is balanced with caramel. Do not look for a pronounced banana cream presentation…it is there if you look, but in my experience, is there as a vehicle to add dimension to the peanuts.

Vapour Production: As typical for this brand….substantial without being overly dense. I have mentioned this before to a degree…but these are flavour juices to be savoured, and not for visual effects.

Atomiser Suitability: With the profound aromatic nature of Grandmaster, it can be equally satisfying in every style of atomiser…but did find that a genesis built to .7ohms really punched up the banana.

All Day Vape?: Absolutely! This flavour is so familiar and hard to really nail that it just never becomes cumbersome.

Happy am I to not encounter yet another peanut butter candy, or overly fragmented attempt at a classic PB&J. Peanuts for the peanut lover….and a nice oily and velvety presentation on the soft palate and back of the tongue. Add the caramel and perceived saltiness that the brain just puts there, and you have a rich and decadent vape that has a very high “comfort” level!

Last edited:

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
That's my one complaint about the stuff...it's so expensive. I agree that it's totally worth every penny, but it's hard to be conservative with it. Castle Long would be the only thing in my dripper 24/7 if I could afford it.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
R18GVSI.jpg
Today’s review will be regarding Five Pawns “Queenside”. Five Pawns has this to say:

“Delicate blood orange intensifies this citrus based flavor. Harmoniously blended with creamy French vanilla for a gentle and exquisite balance that will carry from one flavor to the next.”

Hana Mini V3 set at 20w / Kanger Nano at 1.2ohms

Mouth Feel: Very crisp with a distinct citrus awakening of the tongue. Pronounced and accurate blood orange presentation over the body of the tongue, with an understated vanilla presentation on the soft palate that becomes more evident on the exhale.

Flavour Profile: Very “juicy” as one would expect from a predominant citrus juice. The taste of blood orange is exceedingly accurate and not a “Candy” flavour, but something much more authentic and, dare I say, freshly squeezed. Upon initial draw, the vanilla notes are not present, but as one holds the vapour in the mouth, the soft sweetness combines with the inherent sweetness of the orange to become a whole.

The exhale is predominantly mellow and serves to finish the tartness of the overall profile.

Vapour Production: Average as one would expect with such a clean and light juice. The settings and hardware I chose seems to be a perfect combination in which to fully exploit the flavour character and resulting vapour. More on this next.

Atomiser Suitablility: I initially tried this at .5 ohms in a dripper, and immediately encountered great flavour, but pronounced throatiness…not good. It made the juice somewhat difficult to enjoy. After some thought, I came to the conclusion that Queenside needed some regulation. This to me is very much a “tank juice” and should be shown some restraint, as the profile is decidedly “delicate” but no wallflower.

All Day Vape?: I think under some circumstances, yes. This is refreshing and reminiscent of Sunday Brunch…..this said, I recommend it as a morning vape.

I have found a true “Seasonal” juice. It evokes Sunday Brunch in the garden of a cafe in May….sundresses and the smell of new emerging leaves and warming sunshine. You get the awakening tartness of the host fruit, but the temperament of a vanilla back-note that softens and brings the overall profile into harmony. This juice is a lady, and as such, should be treated respectfully and not pushed hard…she WILL push back!

Last edited:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To me...Five Pawn's is like a 10oz Filet.....if you eat one every day, it is too expensive, and stops being special. I believe that Jay & Co appreciate that people have budget constraints...but whilst we have our ADV's in a price range we can afford...there is certainly a place for something special for those times we feel like pampering ourselves.
You've convinced me to try it.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
...there is certainly a place for something special for those times we feel like pampering ourselves.
Agreed. Five Pawns was some of the first e-liquid I purchased, and I still have quite a bit of all 3 bottles. I have to keep it hidden away from my other stuff, though LOL.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
BUxxPxe.jpg
Today I present Five Pawns “Black Flag Fallen” I have been awaiting this juice for what seems like an eternity….many have applied….few have truly risen to the occasion. Now, a few words from Five Pawns:

“Decaf double espresso infused with black truffle cream.

This decadent, bold, yet multi-layered liquid is almost more reminiscent of an espresso based dessert than your traditional tiny cup of Italian coffee. The finest quality espresso beans allow for a multitude of subtle flavor notes.

This blend is produced in limited quantity and left to mature in our polished stainless steel barrels so there is zero light infiltration or ingredient degradation. The liquid is left untouched so that individual flavor components can fully develop and harmonize for an even smoother and more consistent result. When the liquid is extracted from the barrel it’s bottled with a single decaffeinated coffee bean.”

Dual 18650 Wizard Modz fully mechanical box mod / Mutation X v2 with .2 ohm dual micro build

Mouth Feel: In keeping with what is encountered with the infused bean, one gets a slightl and pleasant oily presentation mid-tongue and roof of the mouth. Otherwise clean with flavour development occurring in the beginning of the throat.

Flavour Profile: There are quite a number of attempts at a coffee profile out there, and most miss the mark…some quite considerably. What I have been hoping for is a stripped down and full bodied coffee profile that is closer to the sophisticated espresso found only in those countries which still elevate the beverage to a social and contemplative experience, rather than a vehicle one uses to make it through a work day.

Vapour Production: Moderate in comparison to some of the others, but nonetheless full and pleasing. I wonder if there is not some wee degree of acidity from the steeping bean that might be knocking it down somewhat?

Atomiser Suitability: A juice this robust was simply asking for some abuse…and I gladly obliged. I chose a lower resistance dual micro to see if it would make Black Flag Fallen turn into truck stop coffee. I am pleased to announce that it preserved the coffee, but slightly diminished the dessert portion of the profile. Increase the resistance to bring out the truffle.

All Day Vape?: If I’m honest…this is a very robust vape that might wear one out over the course of the day. I would advise waking up to this, and revisiting after the evening meal.

Black Flag Fallen is a more olfactory and aromatic experience, than a consumed beverage experience….and one must remember that we do not strictly taste with our tongues. What lures one into a cafe or bistro? We smell long before we see or taste…it is our first impression, and truly a make or break moment when we choose our destination. I will say that this being kept fully in mind…..that if this juice had ONLY been straight European espresso, it would have become tedious almost immediately. Wise are they that decided to add the truffle cream component to add a VERY slightly sweet and tempering feature to what would otherwise been a harsh and oppressive idea. Think of this as a gentle exotic kiss that leaves you wanting another…

Most of the “coffee” juices out there are overly jumped up versions of Starbucks….Black Flag Fallen is the crowning touch to a dinner for two in a bistro in Bruges. Now, where is that beignet?

Last edited:

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
IKR? My reviews are based on 4ml samples, and I am about 6 hours from vaping the last of the Absolute Pin....#sadmeal
Is that the absinthe one? I was really on the fence about it, and ended up not buying any. Might have to sample that one again.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
0y78Wrj.jpg
In this review, I will cover my…shall we say….shocking discoveries regarding Five Pawns “Absolute Pin”. Lets see what Five Pawns has to say….

“One of our more elaborate blends takes the robust flavour of cinnamon and douses it in Irish cream and caramel, connecting each with an underlying tone of absinthe. Subtle yet lively.”

Single 18650 REO Grand LP / Reomiser 6 (essentially a bottom fed Stillaire) .5ohm dual micro build.

***Before I go any further…..abandon what you think you know about absinthe juices and cinnamon!!

Mouth Feel: Spicy on the tongue but not unpleasant, refreshing and quite full of flavour. Exhale is clean and complete….no lingering oilyness.

Flavour Profile: NOT WHAT YOU THINK. Again, all of the stated flavours are present, but in a way that I and some of my tasting mates can only describe as “Christmas”. That smell of holiday candles and potpourri that one encounters in a wee fine Christmas boutique are present in the overall taste impression of Absolute Pin. The Irish cream might be evasive as a stand-alone flavour, but given some thought, is what binds the cinnamon and anise…oddly producing a hint of clove and other pie spices. Now, on the very critical topic of “Absinthe”…..I know that some of you are quite familiar with a certain, very green, and at one time, very hard to come by juice that rhymes with “Fluid”. This is something quite apart in many pleasing ways. Anise is the main component as it should be…but missing is the overwhelming sweetness, and citrus found in most other “Absinthine” juices. It is a very pleasing portion of a much larger whole, and without it, the entire profile would be lost. The Cinnamon is of the stick variety, very reminiscent of cassia cinnamon…and not the candy or bakers variety. This is not in any category but it’s own…..the juice is purely aromatic.

Vapour Production: As I am coming to expect with Five Pawns…the plumes are quite substantial coming from again, a 50/50 ratio juice. Full and dense.

Atomiser Suitability: I primarily used this in a bottom fed dripper as I am very pleased with it’s performance with a thinner juice. I also gave it it’s due in an Orchid with a .2 ohm build and discovered a similar vapour production and only a slight muting of flavour. In a genesis atomiser the flavour became quite punchy but not throaty…but did creep out of the ADV category.

All Day Vape?: Whilst my compatriots were remiss to say yes…I did notice a reluctance to return my mod into my hands, which was rather naff due to my only having 4ml to test with. I on the other hand will say that YES, this is easily an all day vape due to a lack of heavy sweetness and any singular stand-alone component.

I was not planning on enjoying this if I am honest. I have vaped a number of “absinthe” juices, and found them all quite wearisome after a period…and so heavy that it was always wise to have a backup.

This is full but light…crisp and surprising. I would highly recommend getting the Five Pawns Signature Series sampler just so you can try Absolute Pin.

SIDE NOTE OF GREAT IMPORTANCE: This juice spent three days in a LDPE squonk bottle and did not cause any deterioration, nor upon a simple rinsing, did it leave any lingering odour. The atomisers were dry burned and re-wicked with no further rinsing, and again, no lingering taste at all. I inspected the o-rings and insulators and found no residue or signs of break down. The tank ring on my Sat22 is polycarbonate and it also rinsed clear as glass.

If you really enjoy anise/absinthe flavour profiles, but are wary of the published drawbacks from other similar juices…proceed with confidence that your preconceived notions will be duly shattered.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Y4RMPPA.jpg
Today we take a look at “Castle Long”. This will be a struggle for me as I have SO much to say about this juice. Lets take a look at what the makers have to say.

“Our non-barrel aged version is a combination of the dark, refined spirit of Kentucky bourbon, accented with toasted coconut, roasted almond, Madagascar vanilla bean, and laced with a caramelised brown sugar”

Mouth Feel: Not overwhelming but more substantial than that “whispy” feeling you get from a tank.

Flavour Profile: This is what really butters my parsnips. EVERYTHING is there and perfectly balanced. The accuracy of each flavour is far beyond what you would equate with a lab, and more what you would expect from a Chef’s kitchen, or a posh chocolatier. Nothing is missing from the description.

Vapour Production: On par with a much higher VG juice. Thick and impressive.

Atomiser Suitability: Loves being dripped. Tanks work well with this, but the full body of the juice begs for something more aggressive. I am still astonished that sub-ohming on a dripper really seems to be where Five Pawn’s juice WANTS to be.

All Day Vape?: Not just that, but “Dude….you have GOT to try this!. This profile never gets old, you just want more and more.

This is toying with my emotions…truly. This is a vape that needs the perfect surroundings….I am talking oak paneled library with sumptuous oxblood leather wingback chairs. Making love on a yacht in Monte Carlo. This is an adult juice, it is sophisticated without being complex…this is naughty, seductive, posh. You can vape this all day, but it really seems to be at home in the evenings after a rich meal with perfect company. Buy an Aston Martin DB9 and vape with abandon…you WANT everything to smell like this. Jay, if you are reading this….send a sample to a perfumer in Europe….I want to smell like this every day. Each flavour is easily identified and reminds you of things you have eaten….the bourbon is a back-note to the profile as a whole. The toasted coconut dominates, with the toasted almond riding shotgun. The brown sugar tends to make the whiskey tasted rounded and without the expected “bite”.

Finally, this is a juice that tells you that it’s maker KNOWS what they are doing. This is what a juice CAN be in the hands of someone who is taking their time. This is a $27 juice…I have no reservations stating such.

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Absolute Pin was my absolute favorite juice for months! All attempts to clone it failed miserably! I occasionally wonder if I should treat myself to another bottle - but then I look at my hundreds of DIY flavoring bottles and rethink:p

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Zfa1BgH.jpg
My first review is of Five Pawns “Gambit”. Here are the tasting notes supplied by Five Pawns

“ The Classic, mellow apple pie makes a sweet and savory impression with flaky crust and decadent caramel, lightened by dollop of French vanilla ice cream and unsweetened whipped cream.”

Single 18650 Wizard Modz “Governor” / Kanger SubTank Mini with .5ohm OCC head.

Mouth Feel: In a word, CLEAN. Nice full presentation in the mouth, mild throat hit as one would expect from an apple themed juice. Once again, a nice clean exhale through the mouth as well as the nose with a short aftertaste. Same presentation with a mouth/lung as with a full multi-second lung hit.

Flavour Profile: Full and crisp green apple inhale that lingers briefly but fully absent on the exhale. What I would call “Bottom Crust” on the exhale. No other flavours present.

Vapour Production: Fuller than one would expect with a 50/50 juice combined with a tank atomiser.

Atomiser Suitability: Reasonable for most tank style atomisers, improves with adjustable air flow.

All Day Vape?: Too basic to maintain an all day interest level.

Dual 18650 fully mechanical Wizard Modz “Big Guns” box / Mutation X V2 with .3ohm dual micros

Mouth Feel: Same results as with the tank, but predictably fuller in volume and body.

Flavour Profile: Same as with the tank but with the appearance of the French vanilla ice cream.

Vapour Production: Surprising considering a 50/50 juice!

Atomiser Suitability: Excellent. Expect more TH and vapour, and a more layered experience.

All Day Vape? Same impression as with the tank.

I feel that as a whole, this is a uncluttered representation of Apple Pie. Too many juices are overly weighted with cinnamon and “ice cream” to the extent that you just feel like you are eating a pile of crust…OR…..the others where you are basically eating applesauce.

With Gambit, you get a very clean and pure apple and bottom crust vape. What do I mean by bottom crust? There is no “baked” flavour, nor the sugar and cinnamon profile that you would get on the top crust. This comes off as a more doughy, or undercooked version of crust. To me, this is not a bad thing, as it represents the essense of crust very well without the normal masking of cinnamon that tells me the other flavours are just “not on”.

I had hoped for some ice cream in the tank trials, but was pleasantly awarded this on the RDA. What you are getting with Gambit is apple and pie….nothing more. I will say that this is good if you are looking for a light, crisp, clean experience….not the “Why didn’t I stop after the main course?” onslaught of grandmum’s spice cabinet.

Do not be afraid to push this in a dripper!! Somehow they managed to make a 50/50 juice that does not bite you when you show it some higher power loving.

As for ADV potential…..This one for me is too much of a two trick pony to really get me all day. I will say that this is a superb first thing in the morning, or after dinner vape!

If you are looking for an apple pie vape that does not try to rip your face off….or a dessert vape that is not bakery or custard…..this is worthy!

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
2q7qqYj.jpg
Today I shall say some words regarding “Strawberry Kuchen” by Saft Juice

This is what they have to say:
“Indulge in this decadent strawberry cupcake, topped with a light lemon whipped cream”

Eleaf iStick 50 set to 15w / Kanger SubTank Mini @ 1.2ohms

Mouth Feel: Very neutral on the tongue with no oilyness present. Inhale presents with slight tartness from the strawberry whilst the exhale mellows out the strawberry notes and introduces a vanilla cake finish. Full and not overpowering.

Flavour Profile: Everything as promised in the description with a predominance of macerated strawberry and vanilla white cake. This will bring back memories of birthday party strawberry cupcakes! Did not catch lemon as an individual flavour, but it is clear that it’s presence helps keep the strawberry authentic and not a candy or beverage. Also noted was the balance between fruit and cake.

Vapour Production: Rather voluminous even at 1.2ohms in a SubTank with the air control set to maximum. Even more so with sub-ohm builds on a dripper such as the Tobh v2 that I used on occasion.

Atomiser Suitability: Whilst “Strawberry Kuchen” is QUITE at home in both a dripper and a tank, I really feel that the tank tests revealed more of the cake notes than the dripper. Dripping at lower resistance values accentuated the strawberry without hiding the cake all-together, but also seemed to increase the vanilla.

All Day Vape?: Absolutely! The clever balance of all the presented flavours serves to make “Strawberry Kuchen” light and enjoyable for extended periods with no singular overwhelming flavour that would make it otherwise wearisome.

This juice really wins me over in that it takes me back to my childhood. Birthday parties where mum would spend hours baking a cake for me, and matching cupcakes for my mates. This is what makes a juice stand out in a crowd…when it brings back memories and evokes an emotional response. Too often have I vaped the next great “REAL strawberry” juice only to encounter a one-trick-pony, or a juice that accentuates a base like custard, leaving me wanting more of the namesake fruit. There are not layers of complexity here, just a light and smiling experience that will bring out the kid in you once again…and do we not all need that break from our stressful adulthood? I do!

“Strawberry Kuchen” and all of the other flavours from Saft are only available at Steam Craft Vapor in St Louis MO (website coming soon).

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
D605iTX.jpg
Today we shall take a close look at “Angel Lychee” from SAft.

In their words: “Feed your wild side with this exotic blend of peaches n’ cream and lychee fruit.”

Al Mood DNA 40 / Derringer RDA @ .2 ohm dual micro.

Istick Mini 30w / Sub Tank Mini @ .5 ohms

Mouth Feel: Tartness of Lychee on the rear of the tongue with the appropriate amount of throat hit from a dripped 6mg juice. Reduced tartness and throat hit when vaped in a tank. Very fruity fullness in the mouth with mild a mild tart residue on the tongue.

The initial presentation when dripped is tartness which is coming from the lychee fruit. I would like to add that in order to have a reference on this seldom encountered fruit, I purchased a small tin of preserved lychee from a local international market. This being said, I was very pleased at the similarity between the flavouring and the “real deal”. Dripping this juice works exceedingly well albeit a significant masking of the peach and cream. If I were to combine the lychee juice from the tin with some soda water and vanilla vodka, I would have the same flavour profile in cocktail form.

In the Sub Tank Mini, the peaches make their appearance without diminishing the lychee influence. I feel that the restraint shown in the number of flavourings is what makes this juice the joy that it is…..it keeps it light and refreshing and unencumbered with the melange of “what is this I am tasting?” Often I have to ask what a juice is…..this one makes itself known to the vaper, which is a nice change of pace.

Peaches do arrive on the exhale however, and favour the fresh yellow freestone variety over the “pittier” clingstone. In short, and as I alluded to earlier…this is more of a cocktail than a dessert or confection. Summer brunch al fresco!

Vapour Production: Full as one would expect from an 80/20 ratio. Peaches are dominant regardless of atomiser choice or nic level.

All Day Vape?: Absolutely! This one is nice and light and strikes a pleasant balance between tart and sweet with a surprising effervescence.

SAft is a new effort and “Angel Lychee” is an outstanding member of the debut lineup. Lightness without a sacrifice in flavour presence coupled with it’s versatility regardless of vaping setup is what makes this one shine! This is not a fruit blend of great vagueness, but a play of two acts that delivers an exotic trip for the tastebuds. If I were to travel to an island in the South Pacific, this is what I should hope my server would bring me as I recline and gaze into the surf as the warm sun rises to greet me….the perfect cocktail in the perfect setting.

SAft is exclusively available at Steam Craft Vapors in St Louis, MO (Website coming soon)

Last edited:

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Great review of Black Flag Fallen.

I'm not a coffee drinker by any standard. I have a few gourmet cups each year when the fancy strikes me, and that's about it. Gas station coffee and the stuff you get from Starbucks might as well be bathwater. I've been looking for a good coffee vape, and everything I've tried has been abysmal. I've been wanting to pull the trigger on BFF because I love Five Pawns, but even with their quality, have been afraid that it's going to be more money wasted. The closest vape shop that carries Five Pawns doesn't have BFF, so I would be buying without sampling.

I may just have to order a bottle now and give it a spin.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
wuuxcJX.jpg
On this mildly snowy day, I will share my thoughts on a new offering from the fine city of St. Louis Missouri. Today we introduce Saft (German for “Juice”) and their firstborn offering “Source Code”.

Saft has this to say:

“Brighten up any day with this magical blend of black cherry and other fruits”

REO Grand LP / Reomiser 6 with .5ohm dual coil micro build.

Mouth Feel: At 6mg in a dripper you get a noticeable but not oppressive throat hit. The predominate flavour in the profile presents on the surface of the tongue.

Flavour Profile: This can be two different animals depending on the atomiser. What I get when pushed somewhat hard is a dark Bing cherry that has been poached in a dry red wine with a hint of mellowing aromatic spices. There is NO spice per-se, but the overall effect really ties the cherries with a back note of non-citrus fruits. The sweetness is present, but not to the extent that you are given the impression of candy or dessert topping. I believe what I am relating here is quite simple and lovely…….summer berry compote. Grab some vanilla ice cream and vape this between 1 and .5 ohms for a very mellow and relaxing experience.

Vapour Production: This is an 80/20 juice so as expected, the vapour is lush and quite voluminous. Stereotypically this can be considered a “dripping juice” and it certainly is….but there is no loss of vapour when enjoyed with the current crop of sub-ohm tank atomisers.

All Day Vape?: Perhaps, but speaking personally, it lacks an all day interest level. I should suppose that would be bacause I prefer a robust profile. For those that have been searching high and low for an accurate representation of a dark cherry…..your juice has arrived!

Saft is brand new and as such, will bear much scrutiny from established vaperistas (contact Oxford..new word here). In my opinion, this is a good base for expansion…it just feels solid, but in need of some depth and refinement. Too many juice crafters enter the fray with one-trick ponys and buoyed by well meaning compliments and oaths of support by their friends and family…I think Saft goes beyond this into the realm of “juices to keep an eye on”. I have tasted the entire line, but wanted to debut with “Source Code” for one very critical reason; This was the debutante of the line, and as such, determined the course. Do I like this juice? I really do, however……..no…….you will have to wait for the other reviews!

SAft is exclusively available at Steam Craft Vapors in St Louis, MO (Website coming soon)

Last edited:

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
You will not be disappointed. I will do this....get a bottle, if you do not like it, I will buy the remainder from you!
Sold!

I have been keeping a friend stocked with coffee vapes, as she gets all my cast-offs hand delivered LOL. I recently reviewed the entire Lazarus Vintage line, and they have some incredible exlirs across the board. Even their coffee vape failed to impress me though. I took about 5 draws and was done.

I think they're still doing the gold rings on BFF also. If you find one under the cap, you get an all-expense paid trip to Five Pawns for a tour.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've tried all the Five Pawns flavors except this one. I just don't care for coffee vapes, so I think I'd better save my money! (Weird, because I do drink coffee!).

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wow! great reviews franciscan.

I have tried a few of the ones you have reviewed. I can say I agree 100% on the castle long one. i like it alot better than the castle long reserve even

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Held

Last edited:

RipTodd

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Scott, thank you for your very concise reviews. I've tried all of the flavors you've reviewed thus far and I think you've nailed them.

I'm personally having a hard time with BFF. While the black truffle isn't "forward" its presence is just enough to make me focus on it, and not the other flavors. While I enjoy this juice, I can only enjoy it in small doses. However, I've only vaped it at .6 and above. Do you think my opinion would change at lower resistances?

No cig

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
SAft "Yellow Jacket"

8mBatK1.jpg
Spring has sprung! The sun is out and I am at Steam Craft Vapors enjoying some “Yellow Jacket” by Saft. Here are their thoughts on this juice:

“This sinful vape will take you back to sitting on grandma’s porch, enjoying a slice of her lemon tart.”

Reo Grand LP / Reomiser 6 with a dual coil .5ohm build.

Mouth Feel: Full and present with pie crust, no oiliness whatsoever or any lingering finish upon exhale.

Flavour Profile: An abundance of crust with the SLIGHTEST hint of lemon on the finish. One would expect more lemon on the front end.

Vapour Production: Abundant which is to be expected from an 80/20 ratio juice. Very thick…thick enough to make this a viable competition juice.

Atomiser Suitability: Made for dripping, and this is where all of Saft’s juice really shines! That said, I have had no issues running them in tanks such as the Kanger SubTank.

All Day Vape?: Absolutely! “Yellow Jacket” being a subtle blend of crust and lemon, provide a “comfort food” appeal that is not overwhelming, not wearisome…and something you can just vape endlessly.

“Yellow Jacket” by Saft is the fourth in the line which is produced in St. Louis MO. “Yellow Jacket” to me is a nice and simple, yet familiar profile that presents everything promised by the craftsmen that created it. In my opinion, it could have a more substantial lemon front-end with a vanilla scented crust on the exhale, however I have spoken to a number of people that have vaped this flavour and the consensus is that the lemon is perfectly balanced with the pastry notes….this serves to understand that taste IS subjective. Would I buy this? I certainly would.

All of Saft’s juice is exclusively available at Steam Craft Vapors in St. Louis (website coming soon).

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Jesters Juices "Wenches Strawnana"

Today I would like to share my views on “Wenches Strawnana” by Jesters Juice!

Let's just go right into the flavour profile as I've experienced it:

From the very first vape, you are presented with what can only be described as Yoplait Strawberry Banana Yoghurt. Authentic macerated strawberry and ripe banana bouyed by a balanced cream.

Hana Mini v3 set at 26.5w / Kanger Subtank Nano .5ohm / Derringer .17ohm single micro.

Mouth Feel: Instant impression of pleasantly tart strawberry on the tip of the tongue towards the back. Ripe banana becomes predominant at the entrance to the throat with an overall mild tartness throughout the mouth. Flavours are perfectly balanced and full on the exhale.

Vapour Production: Thick and substantial which can be expected from a high VG liquid. Post-exhale aroma is minimal. Production is similar in an airy tank like an Arctic or SubTank as in an RDA.

Atomiser Suitability: I'll keep it simple....it shines in anything you put it in, at any resistance and power setting.

All Day Vape?: For me, no. I tend to reserve certain profiles for certain parts of the day and/or setting....HOWEVER, this is so well balanced and accurate, that for those that like to dessert all day long, there is nothing but pleasure to be had with “Wenches Strawnana”.

Welcome to Missouri! And this delightful flavour by “Jesters Juices” SHOWS YOU what is possible in the SW Ozarks of MO. Happy is the person that does not have to be told what they are tasting....and to be able to instantly link a vape to a loved product in the culinary spectrum is especially joyous. I love complex juices that make you think and search both your emotions and life's memories....but it is so nice to be able to return to simple pleasures, the familiar and comforting. This is what is to be found with “Wenches Strawnana”....unhurried, simple, comforting and clever. I really wish I had some home-made granola to go with this! Congrats Jesters Juices!

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Witch City Vapor "TBA"

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Jesters Juices "Blackberry Scone"

My next treat from Jesters Juices is “Blackberry Scone”. Sometimes things are just done in a vividly good way!

Al Mood DNA40 set to 35w / Derringer built with a single coil at .75ohms.

Mouth Feel: Pleasingly sweet with an immdiate presentation of ripe blackberry from the tip to middle of the tongue. Overall feel is very significant of the fruit, with a pasty impression becoming evident the longer you hold in the vape.

Flavour Profile: As the name implies, this is a Blackberry Scone, however the scone is somewhat non-evident when vaped conventionally. The blackberry in an of itself is round and ripe, and quite accurate. Returning to the “scone” later will reveal a recently discovered secret to be found.

Vapour Production: Nice and thick due to the higher VG content. Very subtle but present on the exhale.

Atomiser Suitability: Works like a charm regardless of equipment, but do to the ratio, performs best in a dripper. I highly recommend regulated devices so that the slight yet important nuances can be explored at varying power settings.

All Day Vape?: In my opinion, berry vapes can be tiring after a hour or so, so I would sat that “Blackberry Scone” is a morning or evening juice.

When I first tried “Blackberry Scone” by Jesters Juices, all I could detect was the fruit...but it was a wonderful instant impression. The “type” of blackberry that is encountered is reminiscent of fresh ripe blackberries macerated in a sweet sparkling wine....generously spooned over ice cream or a crepe. What troubled me was the lack of “scone”. I am a Scot and we wrote the book on scones, and I LOVE them. I was willing to forgive this with just a constructive recommendation that the juice be made “sconier” in the future. Here is something I DID discover as I am writing this. Draw deeply and hold in your mouth for a three-count, then release slowly without letting any through the nose......and voila! Scone appears!! Nice find, but truthfully, this could use a stronger presentation of that Scottish, biscuit type of pastry on the back end of the blackberry. My suggestion would be a pie crust and wee TOUCH of vanilla. Overall, I do love this juice.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Witch City Vapor "TBA"

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Jesters Juices "TBA"

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Witch City Vapor "TBA"

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Jesters Juices "TBA"

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Witch City Vapor "TBA"

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Witch City Vapor "TBA"

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
EPKbxco.jpg
Kilt weather is here….the sun is out, and it is time for a cool refreshing vape! Here is the solution….”Vivo” by Ritual Craft Vapor Liquid!

In the words of the master: “This strawberry and lemon lime flavor is delicately crafted together with mixed fruits. Fair warning, this one is hard to put down. Vivo has been described as an ever changing vape, that is good to the very last drop.”

Mad Wiener Mods 120 at 4v / Tobh v2 dual 24g micro build @ .15 ohms. Wizard Modz “The Governor” / SquapeR single 26g parallel build at .2 ohms.

Mouth Feel: Full and accented with a hint of citrus tingle. No oilyness or residue on exhale. Exhales cleanly.

Flavour Profile: In my STRONG opinion…this is a slam-dunk strawberry margarita! Refreshing and almost effervescent in presentation with a lime-forward initial inhale, and a less profound strawberry exhale. This is one of those juices where the citrus predominates (in this case, lime), and one would instantly worry about aggressiveness in terms of the typical throatiness found in citrus vapes….I am here to tell you that NO matter how hard I pushed it, it remained fresh, lively, and highly vapeable in all circumstances. Various power/resistance combinations dialed in varying accents of strawberry and lime. The crafters at Ritual have managed to capture simplicity whilst providing a clever layering which playes with varying vape techniques and setups. I could not resist taking this to a VERY authentic Mexican restaurant with a patio where I could stealth vape this astounding liquid…and coupled it with a “coctel de mariscos”…sans lime, and a trio of tripas tacos……THE PERFECT accompaniment! I played with the clientele by exhaling under some tables…and fully believe I boosted margarita sales that afternoon!

Vapour Production: This is a VG heavy but not MAX juice, and produces a large quantity of vapour despite the lack of oilyness in the juice. Even in the somewhat restrictive airflow of the SquapeR, the vapour was pleasing. Pushed hard in a max airflow atty like the Tobh v2…it was downright impressive.

Atomiser Suitability: Lime punches through when tanked, but in a dripper you get a more balanced blend between both fruits. It also performed equally well with a single or dual coil build. I ran a single .45ohm build in a Derringer and found what I would say the “perfect vape”.

All Day Vape?: Absolutely!!! Any time you want a light and refreshing, zesty experience that is not heavy or tiresome….pick this up.

Sitting here at 510 Vapers (where you may purchase this wonderjuice!) I can only declare that “Vivo” by Ritual Craft Vapor Liquid, is pure genius! It makes you want to string up lights and banners and turn any venue into a PARTY! Fear citrus juices no longer my dear friends….this is a game changer in a genre that is overly populated with aggressive and burdensome attempts at citrus refreshment….not once did this try to rip my throat out with great violence. No I must be honest when I tell you that I have vaped the entire line, and this experience repeats over and over again…..but sadly….YOU MUST WAIT! Can I get a refill on my salsa please??

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ritual Craft Juice "RITUAL"

Last edited:

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Your reviews are so thoughtful and amazing. Keep up the good work.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
"TBA"

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor