These new box mods better than mechs?

Should I get the sigelei 50 watt box mod

• Total voters

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been eyeing these new high watt box mods for a little while, especially the 50watt sigelei box mod, but can't decide if I should get one or not.

Little history to my vape journey, been vaping for 18 months, and for the 1st year, all I used was regulated devices, like the provari, but then I got into mechs, and love the different designs, think mechs are so much more interesting in designs compared to regulated devices, and hell a lot cheaper if buying clones.

So now I have 14 mechs, and still eyeing more mechs, but these high watt box mods have me interested in them, hearing generally good things about them, but are they better than the mechs? My setup is dual coils at 0.5ohms, with vtc5 battery, so believe with a fresh battery, I am vaping close to 30watts, hence why I never jumped on one of the 30watt boxes, but that may change with the sigelei 50 watt box mod.

I have 2 concerns, 1 being is the price, don't want to spend near $100 for it not to be much better than my $20-$30 mech, but then my other concern is I may like it so much more, my 14 mechs could just start collecting dust.

Oh there is 1 other concern, and that is battery life, if vaping at 0.5ohms using a vtc5, wonder how long that battery will last when vaping at high watts.

So asking the good members here who own both mechs and one of these high watt boxes your opinion on them.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i dont use mechs much but i can say if you are planning to spend $100 on the sigelei 50 watt just wait for the end of the month and get the 100 watt for the same price. dual 18650 you are almost guaranteed to love it. especially vaping at 0.5 ohms

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i dont use mechs much but i can say if you are planning to spend $100 on the sigelei 50 watt just wait for the end of the month and get the 100 watt for the same price. dual 18650 you are almost guaranteed to love it. especially vaping at 0.5 ohms

I have heard of the 100 watt coming, but don't think I even need that much power though, the dual 18650 does make it appealing, but right now could get the 50watt for $80, be nice to know how long a single battery lasts on one of these 50watt boxes in general.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you would only if you go down to 0.1-0.2 ohms. my DNA 30 lasts me all day with vtc5 and im usually either at 0.6 @ 30w or 1.0 @ 20w either way last me nearly all day. never used anything higher though, waiting on the 100w sigelei for my next mod. plus like you said even if you arent using all that power, the extra battery life is a plus

vapopat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
For my part I build 0.4/0.5 dual and my 30w DNA clone fire well but my issue is leaking when dripping I don't want juice in my mod I thought I'd fix this problem with the new airflow tank but for dripping I still prefer my mech so for me getting high wattage box is out of line got to say that since I got my DNA my provari on the shelve and I'll sell it asap

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mechs are cool looking but for me I prefer regulated devices for the consistency, and safety features they offer. I do own 1 mech and I got it just in case all my regulated devices decide to stop working.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mech's for very low sub ohm dripping and regulated for all day vaping on a Kayufn, Taifun or Russian is how I use mine. Like above I don't want e-liquid in my regulated devices from using a dripper.

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I switched to regulated box mods exclusively for the consistency. I like the form factor, the egonomics if you will.
I enjoy the option of using the USB port for charging. And since my all day attys are Kayfuns
or Kayfun-likes, no leaking ejuice issues. An occational dipper now and again mostly on
weekends but not on a day to day bases.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i use the iPV2 50 w mod and love it.
It is safe and light and it is to versatile. It works great on all of my RDAs and RBAs.
If it were out (then) i would have gone for the 100w just for the dual battery.

NOLA_Willie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BUDKISS, sooooo glad to hear that you're pleased with your iPV2 50 mod.
I ordered one Friday from Madvapes because they diccounted all items on their site
for the weekend. I thought about waiting for it's bigger brother but 30ish now is fine
with the way I vape so 50 should do me.
Come on Tuesday!!

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
cool. I hope you love it.
Post and let us know.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like both; they each serve its purpose for me perfectly, and I rarely vape below .7ohms anymore.

If you have already have 14 mechs then you might as well give a box mod a try, and if causes your mechs to collect dust, then so be it, it just means you found something better or of more interest to you. Its unlikely though, you'll probably be switching back and forth once the excitement of the new toy wears off ;)

You’ll never know if you like something until you try it yourself. Box mod users will tell you it’s the shit and conventional PV users might tell you anything above 10 watts is unnecessary.

If battery life is a concern, try look into the Seven-30 mod. If price is a concern, grab a cana mod ;)

VU Sponsors