Become a Patron!

THERION DNA75 SQUONK

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lost vape at it again... They just keep cashing in before shit hits the wall...
@hankspankman you can pre order this at origin vape for $150.00 YIKES!!!

VAPE ON

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's when spanky gunna get it.
He'll be trembling like Michael j fox doing 55 mph

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I were you I'd wait till they do the same with the Triade and convert it to a 2 battery 133W squonker, then wait some more till it drops to around 120$

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got an email where the Therion Squonk is $107.99 at GearBest with the coupon code; BF in case anyone is interested.
http://www.gearbest.com/mod-kits/pp...utm_medium=**********&utm_campaign=**********

Cheers,
Steve

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also seen they are coming out with the 2 battery DNA200/133 version soon too.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Also seen they are coming out with the 2 battery DNA200/133 version soon too.

That one I will milk the cows for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@f1r3b1rd

gASEjae.jpg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahhh duo again.... Come one lost vape
That's straight up greed...

VAPE ON

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Plenty of people have said they wanted a DNA 133 therion, so think they just doing what people wanted, think it will probably sell well, they know they are onto a good thing with the therion.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad they are putting a DNA200 in it. My problem with this is they should have just did that from the start. Putting a DNA75 in a dual cell mod was dumb. There is absolutely no advantage in using a DNA75 in a dual cell mod.

The DNA200 can be turned down, it's more efficient (longer runtime at the same power setting), runs cooler, more flexible power wise. It just never made any sense unless they wanted to double dip. Either that or they just wanted to use the new chip hoping to hook people that want the latest chip, even if it's not better.

Cheers,
Steve

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm glad they are putting a DNA200 in it. My problem with this is they should have just did that from the start. Putting a DNA75 in a dual cell mod was dumb. There is absolutely no advantage in using a DNA75 in a dual cell mod.

The DNA200 can be turned down, it's more efficient (longer runtime at the same power setting), runs cooler, more flexible power wise. It just never made any sense unless they wanted to double dip. Either that or they just wanted to use the new chip hoping to hook people that want the latest chip, even if it's not better.

Cheers,
Steve

If they had put a DNA 200 in it straight away, I probably wouldn't have one, as they would of been quite a bit more expensive, I have seen plenty of people who bought the therion DNA75, so not like they haven't made plenty of sales from it, and it appealed to me as a dual battery mod, due to the battery life, so I for one, am very happy they did the DNA 75 1st :)

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If they had put a DNA 200 in it straight away, I probably wouldn't have one, as they would of been quite a bit more expensive, I have seen plenty of people who bought the therion DNA75, so not like they haven't made plenty of sales from it, and it appealed to me as a dual battery mod, due to the battery life, so I for one, am very happy they did the DNA 75 1st :)
that's why I didn't get one. with a mod that size I want the extra power. Sad because it is a gorgeous mod. Now I will get it.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whatever makes money I guess.. I don't think this is the what people wants, this what you call road MAP...
They already have these on the Pipeline..... Like that SQUONK dna200 they first released!?
Everybody wanted a 1300mah, did lost vape listen? NOPE...
MONEY MONEY MONEY...

VAPE ON

Last edited:

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Cheers,
Steve
I am unlikely to ever get the 133w Therion. But love my 2 75w Therions. It was stylish not to big (though bigger than some 133w two battery devices).

Just look at it from LVs perspective. They were basically on the tail end of the Efusion lineup all with DN200w. There was the 3 variations including a 133/Lipo option. Just launched another DN200 with the Triade and had the last hurrah for the Efusion FF coming out with the Halcyon as a squanker. Thats 5 different DNA200 devices.

Now comes the DNA75 the first new Evolv chip in a while. They wanted to be different. There was basically a new design style started with the Triade and they wanted to continue that. They didn't want a 26650 device as those made devices bloated and everyone and their mother was making 26650. They didn't want a single18650. Going really small doesn't seem to be a point of worry for them. They wanted to try something else. If it was going to be locked at 75w. Then why not go for battery longevity. A 26650 is great for that, but you lose power and a lot of the power can't be hit after 40-50%. They could offer an adapter. But then you are sacrificing battery life and making the user choose between one or the other. A parallel makes a lot of sense. For me I can use VTC4's comfortably, keep 75w till its damn near bone dry, but still have 4200mah of battery to work with. Now the advantage to the design is that it's also flexible (like the Efusion before it). They can make it series and throw in a DNA 200 (why didn't they use the DNA 250?) or take out a battery for a Squanker.

If anything the one choice that seems poor is the squanker. Maybe its because the freedom it gives but I always go pretty big on my RDA builds and 75w seems to be a min requirement. Not a upper end limit. But squankers have been getting by with DNA40s for years.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now it's time to make a 2 battery 133 Triade squonker.
The 510 is already above the battery compartment, so shouldn't be hard to implement.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad I didn't get the Theriot 75, I'll wait for the 133/200. The Triade is a very well made mod (at least mine is) and now I'm starting to play with the VF DNA133. I'm liking it a lot. Call me a neanderthal, but my daily mod is a G2 and the dna mods are at home.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad I didn't get the Theriot 75, I'll wait for the 133/200. The Triade is a very well made mod (at least mine is) and now I'm starting to play with the VF DNA133. I'm liking it a lot. Call me a neanderthal, but my daily mod is a G2 and the dna mods are at home.

PLEASE!!

VAPE ON

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes,ej, what is it you're commenting on? The Triade, theVF DNA133 , or the G2? I just ordered the Dotmods rta for the DNA133. Matte black mod and gold atty should look good.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't like them? Granted, they're butt ugly and as comfortable as a concrete jock strap, but they take a lot of dropping and keep on working. What I really like on them is the fact that I don't have to worry about what coil I put on what atty, it just works. Kanthal TC is a great thing!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't like them? Granted, they're butt ugly and as comfortable as a concrete jock strap, but they take a lot of dropping and keep on working. What I really like on them is the fact that I don't have to worry about what coil I put on what atty, it just works. Kanthal TC is a great thing!

I don't drop anything LOL.... But yeah the g2 is ugly...

VAPE ON

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlike you, I drop just about every mod I own, except the Triade and DNA133, they spend a lot of time in the box.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ever since I got my drip box I've been bonkers for sqounkers. This one is a real beauty.

VU Sponsors