Theives

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm just gonna go ahead & vent here, 'cos I'm mad bro! Feel free to join in if you've been ripped off, maybe it can be therapeutic.

To the azzclown that stole my debit card info and effectively ruined the next one to two weeks of my life*: I don't know who you are or where you are, but I hope you get a rash on your naughty parts that will never heal. I hope all your favorite things break. I hope your hair falls out. I hope every time you go to eat something, you burn your tongue. And last but not least, I hope you step on Legos in bare feet every fucking day for the rest of your life.

*Possibly even more. If you ruin me seeing my daughter this weekend that I already haven't seen in over 9 years, I hope your fucking house burns down and everyone you care about dies.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear it. Hope any charges that may have happened get reversed quickly. This type of unwanted "pause/reset button" event truly sucks.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It was actually my PayPal debit card. I share the account with a friend, and I'm not the primary. So now my card is shut off, and they have to send HIM a new card, and he has to activate it, then re-apply for mine, then wait for them to send it to him, then he has to send it to me. They did reverse the charge this morning, but I have no way to get the money out for rent/food/etc.. Meanwhile I set up a 2nd account and tied it to my bank to transfer the money, but THAT will take a while too. And my job pays me via PayPal. So yeah, this is a big friggen irritating mess. I know lots of people have had to deal with it and you know.

Anyone had problems with Mt. Baker Vapors? I hate to speculate, but I had 3 GWAR juices sitting in my cart that I was gonna order on Tuesday night via my phone, but I chickened out at the last second and just left it because I was scared to order juice without tasting it. Now I'm kinda mad I didn't just order, 'cos I certainly can't order anything now... But do you think just leaving it like that left me open for an attack, like? I've never dealt with this kinda thing so I am probably just going crazy and overthinking it.

jack

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm just gonna go ahead & vent here, 'cos I'm mad bro! Feel free to join in if you've been ripped off, maybe it can be therapeutic.

To the azzclown that stole my debit card info and effectively ruined the next one to two weeks of my life*: I don't know who you are or where you are, but I hope you get a rash on your naughty parts that will never heal. I hope all your favorite things break. I hope your hair falls out. I hope every time you go to eat something, you burn your tongue. And last but not least, I hope you step on Legos in bare feet every fucking day for the rest of your life.

*Possibly even more. If you ruin me seeing my daughter this weekend that I already haven't seen in over 9 years, I hope your fucking house burns down and everyone you care about dies.
Don't hold back , tell us how you really feel . Seriously , it was done to me once and I felt exactly the same way .!

egomama

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was actually my PayPal debit card. I share the account with a friend, and I'm not the primary. So now my card is shut off, and they have to send HIM a new card, and he has to activate it, then re-apply for mine, then wait for them to send it to him, then he has to send it to me. They did reverse the charge this morning, but I have no way to get the money out for rent/food/etc.. Meanwhile I set up a 2nd account and tied it to my bank to transfer the money, but THAT will take a while too. And my job pays me via PayPal. So yeah, this is a big friggen irritating mess. I know lots of people have had to deal with it and you know.

Anyone had problems with Mt. Baker Vapors? I hate to speculate, but I had 3 GWAR juices sitting in my cart that I was gonna order on Tuesday night via my phone, but I chickened out at the last second and just left it because I was scared to order juice without tasting it. Now I'm kinda mad I didn't just order, 'cos I certainly can't order anything now... But do you think just leaving it like that left me open for an attack, like? I've never dealt with this kinda thing so I am probably just going crazy and overthinking it.
No I dont believe that was the issue. Usually you have to enter your info and the hackers will steal it from there. Make sure you run a malware scan on your computer, and as a precaution, use the onscreen keyboard when entering your cc number. Ive been told that helps alot for this to be prevented. Sometimes its a keylogger on your computer that gets you, sometimes its a hacker on the vendors website that gets you. Most reputable merchants have ways to block these things from happening, but since vaping is the devils child a lot of the reputable merchants refuse to touch vaping vendors :(

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No I dont believe that was the issue. Usually you have to enter your info and the hackers will steal it from there. Make sure you run a malware scan on your computer, and as a precaution, use the onscreen keyboard when entering your cc number. Ive been told that helps alot for this to be prevented. Sometimes its a keylogger on your computer that gets you, sometimes its a hacker on the vendors website that gets you. Most reputable merchants have ways to block these things from happening, but since vaping is the devils child a lot of the reputable merchants refuse to touch vaping vendors :(

I did enter my info, I was on my phone and I made an account and put in all my info in checkout, then just closed the page when I chickened out. I haven't bought anything from my computer lately. MBV prolly wasn't it, my mind is just spinning in a whole new dimension of pissed off fury.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
PS I just wanna be clear (again) that I'm not accusing MBV of being somehow responsible. As soon as I can access my money again, I will be buying those juices if there's any left. GWAR was a part of my rebellious teenage years, and I want GWAR juice so I can still hold onto a bit of that. :D Life's too short to worry about tasting things first! :p

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've left items in carts plenty of times and never bought. This has never been an issue for me. At worst, I'll get a friendly automatic email from a vendor asking if I forgot to buy something. This would sometimes be followed up with a 10% discount offer if I buy the items.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've left items in carts plenty of times and never bought. This has never been an issue for me. At worst, I'll get a friendly automatic email from a vendor asking if I forgot to buy something. This would sometimes be followed up with a 10% discount offer if I buy the items.
This.

Until you complete the transaction, your numbers shouldn't have been sent to them. I'm with @[user]EgoMama[/user] on this one. Check your computer for malware and virii.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you have my sympathy, m3r dear. as i wrote in another thread, i recently went thru a similar episode, tho not nearly as involved as yours. it really sucks when people screw with your life.
rant.gif

i really hope you get to see your daughter. i imagine that is of utmost importance to you.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey [user]m3rma1d[/user] so did PayPal reimburse you? So you or PayPal find out where and when your details were stolen?

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since you ran out

may a camel spit in your eye and may your nipples invert. May all your happiness turn to sorrow and taste like ash in your mouth. May everyone you come across tell you the full truth about what they think of you.

I can add more later.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sorry for your difficulty and I hope that the person (and their little dog as well) pays for this.

I doubt that it was MBV but it is still a good idea to run a good anti mall ware program like Mallware Bytes as well as Mallware Bytes Chameleon. and Avast anti virus as well. These are all free to download the basic version and they work well.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey [user]m3rma1d[/user] so did PayPal reimburse you? So you or PayPal find out where and when your details were stolen?

Paypal reversed the charge last night and the funds came back this morning. Paypal didn't even notice, I got a frantic call at 1am waking me up, my friend screaming thinking I'd blown $2500 on plane tix and how the eff is he gonna pay his mortgage, etc etc... I'm like.. "The FUCK!?" Problem is, they deactivated my PayPal debit card, so I can't access the money. It's all explained in post #4.

Friend called the travel co where the tix were ordered, they marked it as fraud and cancelled the flight before we ever even noticed. They also filed a police report.

This is the friend I just got into vaping, he was almost 36 hours in and so pissed off about it all, he said he was going to the store for a pack of butts. I told him that was a great idea and that it would surely fix everything*. I don't know if he actually went or not, I'll talk to him when my work shift is over in an hour or so. I hope he didn't. :/
(*Of course I was being sarcastic. I also said "Lucky you have the option, all my money is being held so I can't even go buy a pack."... That was also sarcasm.)

Last edited:

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Update: Well the money sitch is still all fucked up for me, but my friend's money is going back into his account, and the BEST NEWS is that last night in his rage, he did NOT go buy a pack of butts!!

Now he's almost 49 hours without a cig!!

Just%20win.jpg

I'm so proud of him, and proud of me for sending him a little stuff to get him started! At least something is going friggen right. :)
Also @BeeLong_Indy_Vaping is sending him another battery & charger so that will help him keep kicking azz! Thanks man!!!! <3

Last edited:

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dont know which site but one of the ecig sites has a trojan onsite
I am lucky I visited some of the sites and since I have linux installed the only place it could get to was the browser

Which I got rid of in a few minutes

My bank account and paypal are fine no one hit them

You would be best off to run an anti virus and a anti malware program soonest
Not sure I can post their names here on the forum or not
If a mod can let me know I will post the names of the better ones that are free

Reactions: jae

egomama

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dont know which site but one of the ecig sites has a trojan onsite
I am lucky I visited some of the sites and since I have linux installed the only place it could get to was the browser

Which I got rid of in a few minutes

My bank account and paypal are fine no one hit them

You would be best off to run an anti virus and a anti malware program soonest
Not sure I can post their names here on the forum or not
If a mod can let me know I will post the names of the better ones that are free
If you are absolutely positive the sites are the culprits, then I dont see why you cant post them. Hopefully the sites have already fixed the problem, or this will cause them too.

BeeLong_Indy_Vaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If y

u can get in your paypal account there's an option to withdraw money using money gram. I've had to do it twice and it's been probably 10 months so not positive if it's an option still. You're basically sending yourself a money gram. Just something to look into

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If y

u can get in your paypal account there's an option to withdraw money using money gram. I've had to do it twice and it's been probably 10 months so not positive if it's an option still. You're basically sending yourself a money gram. Just something to look into

Thanks--I will check this out as soon as I can get a ride anywhere that has a Moneygram! (I don't drive)

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well you can also use paypal to pay as a guest instead of logging in

I don't really get what this means. I can use my PayPal account just fine, I just can't use the PayPal debit card since it got deactivated from this debacle. My landlords don't take PayPal, neither does the grocery store. See what I'm saying?
But I am gonna see if I can try that Moneygram thing as BeeLong suggested.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't really get what this means. I can use my PayPal account just fine, I just can't use the PayPal debit card since it got deactivated from this debacle. My landlords don't take PayPal, neither does the grocery store. See what I'm saying?
But I am gonna see if I can try that Moneygram thing as BeeLong suggested.
I see. I was just saying if someone has a different card and they can't use their pp account. Like my visa is connected to pp. And when I had an issue with my account and couldn't use it, I could use the same card via pp as a guest. I know it's not the solution to your situation however. Was just saying

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are absolutely positive the sites are the culprits, then I dont see why you cant post them. Hopefully the sites have already fixed the problem, or this will cause them too.

Im not positive which site it was I visited about a dozen at the time searching for parts
I wont post any site untill im positive which site it was

But I can post the programs to get rid of it

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@m3rma1d Sorry to hear that! You can always transfer money to your bank account. Granted, it takes 3-4 days, but it's an option...

BeeLong_Indy_Vaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks--I will check this out as soon as I can get a ride anywhere that has a Moneygram! (I don't drive)
I'm pretty sure the money gram option has to be on which if I remember right you just have to have a verified account. Log into your paypal try and find the withdraw using money gram option and the amount,and it should give u a mtcn # or reference # then ur all set. Just gotta go to a place that does money gram shit and get your monies. I know Walmart cvs walgreens do money gram. Like I said tho it's been awhile since I've done it.
Finding the theif and kicking them in the dick and taking something of theirs should put you about even lol

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@m3rma1d Sorry to hear that! You can always transfer money to your bank account. Granted, it takes 3-4 days, but it's an option...
Yeah, longer than that as I explained in an earlier post.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Update, the fucker responsible is in Toronto. That's all that's known. I guess won't hold my breath to hear a "sooree" :p

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Credit Card Theft isn't as complicated as some may be lead to believe, the Credit Cards you have in your wallet or whatever right now are all recycled numbers. Also, with the right Search Perimeters within Google can grant you access to Credit Card/Personal Information. Google has stated that they have remedied this loophole/backdoor BUT they truly haven't. It's called Farming, they farm Google for information and bingo. It might seem like it was your last purchase might've been the culprit but it was merely timing. Some actually observe your credit card info before use to see what your behaviors are.

rjmara

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Your feelings of rage resemble me, I fucking hate a thief.I hope all works out for you,and I can only pray that Karma pays the asshole back 100 fold.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not to throw stones but it could have been your friends activities that caused this.

Back to curses.

may boils and leaking pustules inhabit his nether regions. A pox on his house i say!

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My friend never uses the account. He's on the opposite side from the country and nowhere near my card, and it was my card info that was stolen, which also took a huge chunk of backup funds from his bank account.

Anyhooz,
Guess what everyone?? Just got an email from PayPal thanking me for my most recent transaction, $700 something or other to Pakistan. I'm so pissed... I can't even. Just HOW? how can I not get to my money and they are??

Last edited:

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm having fucking heart palps I'm so mad. :/

This type of complications take time to get resolved, please relax cause stressing will just get you sick and it's not worth it. I understand your frustration but stressing isn't goin to aid your situation. Tomorrow I would contact the Federal Government if I were you to assist you.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. Apparently this was done at the same time as the other, just hadn't shown up yet. Opened another dispute, charge will be reversed tomorrow and she didn't see anything else "pending" so this should be the last surprise. Still irritating, but less so.

BeeLong_Indy_Vaping

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My friend never uses the account. He's on the opposite side from the country and nowhere near my card, and it was my card info that was stolen, which also took a huge chunk of backup funds from his bank account.

Anyhooz,
Guess what everyone?? Just got an email from PayPal thanking me for my most recent transaction, $700 something or other to Pakistan. I'm so pissed... I can't even. Just HOW? how can I not get to my money and they are??
If you knew who it was id go pay him a visit. Fucking douche. Paypal is usually good about the fraud shit which is definitely a good thing. Was the purchase made after your card wascancelled? In my experiences everything was taken care of fairly quick so hope it will for you also

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you knew who it was id go pay him a visit. Fucking douche. Paypal is usually good about the fraud shit which is definitely a good thing. Was the purchase made after your card wascancelled? In my experiences everything was taken care of fairly quick so hope it will for you also

Nah it was done along with the other, before it was shut down.
The thought is that it's Pakistanis in Toronto.

And now I'm getting a cold. It's just not my best week. :p

dave61

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im not positive which site it was I visited about a dozen at the time searching for parts
I wont post any site untill im positive which site it was

But I can post the programs to get rid of it

Getting back to this
It was fastech
I finally tracked it back to there
It was a hidden popup that invaded my browser

Vapo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Paypal reversed the charge last night and the funds came back this morning. Paypal didn't even notice, I got a frantic call at 1am waking me up, my friend screaming thinking I'd blown $2500 on plane tix and how the eff is he gonna pay his mortgage, etc etc... I'm like.. "The FUCK!?" Problem is, they deactivated my PayPal debit card, so I can't access the money. It's all explained in post #4.

Friend called the travel co where the tix were ordered, they marked it as fraud and cancelled the flight before we ever even noticed. They also filed a police report.

This is the friend I just got into vaping, he was almost 36 hours in and so pissed off about it all, he said he was going to the store for a pack of butts. I told him that was a great idea and that it would surely fix everything*. I don't know if he actually went or not, I'll talk to him when my work shift is over in an hour or so. I hope he didn't. :/
(*Of course I was being sarcastic. I also said "Lucky you have the option, all my money is being held so I can't even go buy a pack."... That was also sarcasm.)
Holy smoke, just shows how blind I get trying to keep up with all the threads here. Did you ever get your money back?

This happened to me once but Am Express caught it and called me then cancelled it. The Jerk was in Thailand.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy smoke, just shows how blind I get trying to keep up with all the threads here. Did you ever get your money back?

This happened to me once but Am Express caught it and called me then cancelled it. The Jerk was in Thailand.

DERP I missed your reply too!
Yeah it all took about 3 weeks to get ironed out, it really sucked!

Vapo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
DERP I missed your reply too!
Yeah it all took about 3 weeks to get ironed out, it really sucked!
Ouch, damn they took their time. AmEx called me before putting it thru and toasted him before he got his hands on my cash. It does suck big time, not good that they took so long but glad you got it fixed.

VU Sponsors