Become a Patron!

The Zeus Dual RTA by Geekvape

karacal

Member For 4 Years
Good morning fellow Vapers,

Today I am reviewing the latest upgrade to the Geekvape line, the Zeus Dual RTA.
I would like to thank the good folks at Geekvape for providing the sample for this review. Geekvape.com/
The sample I received may or may not be the finished production unit which is available.
2018-07-19-9-png.756773

I did not receive the original Zeus RTA which is a single coil RTA so I cannot do a comparison between the two RTA's.

All the RTA's I own or have used have always had bottom airflow so I was interested to actually try out a Topfil Top Airflow RTA.

Here's a breakdown of the Zeus Dual.
2018-07-19-12-png.756777

The current colors available which is nice to options especially for those who like the tank to match, or mix and match to their preferred device.
Stainless Steel
Gunmetal
Black
Blue
Gold
Polished Stainless Steel
Red Black
and Rainbow

The color I received is the Polished Stainless Steel which is more or less a mirrored stainless steel. I thought with the mirrored stainless steel that it would be a massive fingerprint magnet but actually it barely shows them unless you are really looking at it, I found that my eyes were always looking for the Zeus logo and not so much any other part of the tank.
The quality of materials used, especially the engraved "ZEUS" at the bottom struck me as very good, very sturdy. It doesn't have a cheap mass-produced feel at all, though on the top cap where it says "Geek Vape" I believe instead of having it printed on it could have mirrored the bottom Zeus engraving.
2018-07-19-11-png.756775
The sample I was sent did include all 3 Drip Tips except that none of them were Ultem. A fat 18.8mm x 7.44mm, a medium 17.8mm x 5.9mm, and a tall 15.5mm x 10mm Drip Tip.
This sample did come with the 4ml straight glass and the 5ml bubble glass. Having the option of using either a 810 or 510 drip tip is nice, I swapped them out with my Blitzen and Kensai RTA's and they fit snug. The only drip tip that may not be 100% swap-able is the 18.8mm since it has a recessed lip.
2018-07-19-10-png.756783

In the Box:
1 x Zeus Dual RTA
3 x Drip Tips
1 x Tri-tool
1 x spare Top cap seal
6 x spare orings
2 x braided coils
1 x 510 DT Adapter
4 x spare Grub screws(flathead)
1 x 4ml straight glass plus spare oring

The Zeus Dual measures out at 42.7mm tall w/o the drip tip by 25.8mm at the smallest part of the base by 29.03mm at the widest part of the bubble glass. The straight 4ml glass measures out at 25.9mm.
20180723_045214-jpg.756789

The Airflow:
2018-07-19-10-png.756783

Since I have never had the opportunity to use a Top Airflow RTA I really didn't know what to expect. It's not a tight draw but it is not an airy draw. It's somewhere in between. When you look at the inside of the Zeus Dual it explains why. The Top Cap comes with a really good seal which has a grooved locking system
20180723_043939-jpg.756785

Dual chambered.
So this made me think if coil leg height was going to be the key to allowing more or less airflow up through the chimney.
I started out with the coil legs higher and then after my first 5mls I cut them down to approximately 2mm above the deck.
I really didn't see much increase or decrease in airflow, but, then I looked at the amount of vapor and flavor production. Its has a very happy medium to it. It's not overwhelming, hot, or restricted. The coils I used were my own that I made, a single twisted, and a dual pair of claptons that ohm'd out at 0.11. I thought the duals would end up being too hot for a dual top aiflow tank but surprisingly at 64 watts the vapor was a medium warm with plenty of vapor and lots of flavor. So, I thought why not take it up to 80 watts and see what happens. The vapor stayed the same and the flavor was spot on, even the glass on the tank stayed cool which was surprising. I found, as with other RTA's, that wicking is a big key and that's the reason alot of RTA's will leak. Yes, this tank doesn't have a bottom airflow but I did experience some flooding in the bottom from not having it wicked properly, it would spit on the first few draws but eventually stop. After adjusting the wicking this problem resolved itself.
Here is the deck outlining the design with the outer liquid channel, the postless deck, and the flathead grub screws.
20180723_045237-jpg.756787

Here is the deck with a single and dual build.
20180727_031317-collage-jpg.756791

As I stated this is my first time with a dual top airflow, postless build deck RTA and I was kinda of leery whenever a company claims that a tank is Leak-less, but I will admit that I did not encounter any leaks from the tank itself either from the bottom seal or the top seal. When encountering the spitback from the initial wicking there was a little liquid between the drip tip and the top seal but no liquid inbetween the top cap.

If you are looking for a new type of RTA, tired of leaking tanks, too airy, and tanks that aren't 810 drip tip friendly, with a nice flavor and vapor production then you may want to take a look at the Zeus Dual RTA.
If you want a more airy airflow then this might not be the RTA for you. It has a "relaxed, sitting at home after work" draw to it.

I thank you for taking the time to read my review and for those whose questions I have helped answer.

Always Vape Safe and Vape Happy,
Karacal

VU Sponsors