Become a Patron!

The Workshop

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
This is just a thread I wanted to make about what recipe(s) do you got that you are super excited about, missing something, or that you are otherwise working on. Right now a flavor I currently got on the lifts, so to speak, is a vanilla Dr. Pepper. So far I've still got a couple different vanillas to get a lock on what's the best. What about y'all?

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Have you tried this Dr. Pepper recipe?

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/dr-pepper.206592/

It's one of my favorites.

I haven't tried adding vanilla yet because it's so good on it's own but yeah, that would be good too!

Yeah that looks pretty good right there. Definitely gonna have to mix up a batch. Thanks. As for vanillas, I'm split between FA vanilla tahity and FA vanilla classic

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As for vanillas, I'm split between FA vanilla tahity and FA vanilla classic

I'd probably lean towards the more vanilla of the two, Classic. I love Vanilla Tahity too and I'm sure it would be good also but it's a little spicier vanilla than Classic, imo. Heck, that would probably fit the bill too, depending on what you were going for.

Obviously, I'm no help, lol.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently got my wife off the stinkies. She's been vaping some comercial and some of my more basic Fruit & Cream recipies. I was listening to a DIY or DIE Podcast, Noted-Episode #7, where they were talking with Kopel about Florals.
https://diyordievaping.com/2017/07/11/noted-ep-7-florals-ft-kopel/

Her ears perked-up she listened to the rest of the show with me. I'm now diving into florals and am pleasantly surprised how intrigued I am. Anyways, this is my v3 of a recipe I just let her imagine the ingredients for and I figure out the layering and percentages to make ot work. Of the 5 florals I started with the most surprisingly good flavor is FA Lavender. It's good. Not air freshener or hygeine product like, as I had feared.

Melon Blossom
FA Cantaloupe ........ 1.5%
CAP Honeydew ....... 1%
TFA Honeysuckle .... 0.5%
FA Lavander ............ 0.75%
CAP Hibiscus .......... 2%
FA Cream Fresh ...... 0.5%

The learning curve is re-learning what traditional flavors that I already have that will work with florals.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I recently got my wife off the stinkies. She's been vaping some comercial and some of my more basic Fruit & Cream recipies. I was listening to a DIY or DIE Podcast, Noted-Episode #7, where they were talking with Kopel about Florals.
https://diyordievaping.com/2017/07/11/noted-ep-7-florals-ft-kopel/

Her ears perked-up she listened to the rest of the show with me. I'm now diving into florals and am pleasantly surprised how intrigued I am. Anyways, this is my v3 of a recipe I just let her imagine the ingredients for and I figure out the layering and percentages to make ot work. Of the 5 florals I started with the most surprisingly good flavor is FA Lavender. It's good. Not air freshener or hygeine product like, as I had feared.

Melon Blossom
FA Cantaloupe ........ 1.5%
CAP Honeydew ....... 1%
TFA Honeysuckle .... 0.5%
FA Lavander ............ 0.75%
CAP Hibiscus .......... 2%
FA Cream Fresh ...... 0.5%

The learning curve is re-learning what traditional flavors that I already have that will work with florals.

FA jasmine works really good with all those, except maybe honeydew. I use jasmine in almost any tea recipe I have, especially if it has FA raspberry in it. Oh and grats on getting her to quit smoking.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mmmy that looks good right there lol... you know what might be pretty aweome. a tad bit of Holy Vanilla in that.

Damn straight it is! :D

I don't have Holy Vanilla but I see it referenced quite a bit, what do you think it is that sets it apart from other vanillas?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

I don't have Holy Vanilla but I see it referenced quite a bit, what do you think it is that sets it apart from other vanillas?
its unlike any other vanilla Ive ever had, hard to think of a good reference right now but maybe like blu ecigs vanilla cigalikes just way better lol. Im trying to think of the type of vanilla it resembles but it is kinda like the vanilla syrup in sodas. like if you ordered a cherry vanilla Dr Pepper at sonic or something and they just gave you a straight glass of vanilla hahaha. super good. I keep 500 mls of it mixed up standalone at 4-5 % and its good just like that or add a little here and there of whatever flavors. kinda like how I use GOC but not as versatile and they taste nothing alike. hahaha... confused yet ?????

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hahaha... confused yet ?????

Nope.
I completely agree with you that due to the geographical density of vanilla bean plants when balanced with sonic restaurants....the world is flat. :popcorn:

Ron
---
'Crazy' is a term of art; 'Insane' is a term of law. Remember that, and you will save yourself a lot of trouble. -Hunter S. Thompson

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

here is a better description. I happen to be eating some of those vanilla tootsie rolls in the blu wrappers. holy vanilla taste close to that

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
mixed up a few 100ml batches/variants recently that I have never tested. I am sick of the testing process and am done doing 20ml testers for now as I have realized I can vape even mediocre juice or dump it in my 'kitchen sink' liter bottle and deal with it.

Legend Mild Variant
5.00% RY4 Double (TFA)
2.50% RY4 Asian (TFA)
1.00% Vanilla Bourbon (TFA)
0.50% French Vanilla V2 (CAP)
0.30% Acetyl Pyrazine (TFA)
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/140979/LegendMild#

Castle Long Clone v1
3.00% Coconut DX (TFA)
1.50% Acetyl Pyrazine (TFA)
1.50% Toasted Almond (TFA)
1.00% Brown Sugar DX (TFA)
1.00% Vanilla Bourbon (TFA)
1.00% Vanilla Swirl (TFA)
0.60% Bourbon (Real Flavors)
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/34926/Castle long clone (TFA/TPA)

Mixed up a 0mg and 3mg batch of this last week:

Apple Bacco
6.00% Butterscotch Ripple (TFA)
4.00% RY4 Double (TFA)
1.00% Apple (Real Flavors)
1.00% Ethyl Maltol (NN)
1.00% Vanilla Custard (Real Flavors)
0.50% Vanilla Bourbon (TFA)
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/recipes-for-dummies.784143/page-7#post-19369657

Hopefully they are good, will find out in a few months.

Last edited:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool, let me know how that clone turns out.
Yeah, I am curious myself but I have never had the real Castle Long (just trying to use up some old flavors/recipes). I have a feeling I should have probably used a bit more RF Bourbon based on it's recommended mix percents but I just decided to go with 1/4 of what the recipe said for TFA since my single flavor testers of that RF Bourbon @ 1% was pretty tasty once steeped.

VU Sponsors