Become a Patron!

The VU Beater Mod Challenge - Closes 10/24/18 (7 Prizes Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lol... I’m probably going to get the paranormal. I can’t bring myself to drop the money on the handful of dna 250c bf devices. I like amsodus as well, have a few minikins, but alas... I live in evolvs back yard.

Dude Asmodus is as shit as any other overpriced, Chinese made stuff. Just sayin. I got a Luna, it looked Beautiful but it was typical shitty hardware. The battery bay had burrs on it so bad it wouldnt even read a battery until I ground it down. My Voluna RTA is okay, now that I changed out o-rings.

They both cornered the market on pretty mods made at cheap levels of quality.

Edit: Got to explain...Asmodus paint is killer, the innards are not. I bought the EOS II only because it had the same black paint style as the Luna, which I expect will survive anything short of a nuclear apocalypse

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Limited Asmodus Edition Gunmetal OG Laisimo Snowwolf... been dropped, stepped on, kicked, ran over with a Ford Focus (literally), and still works. Glass is broken but held together with packaging tape. My wife uses it in rotation to keep it working as a backup lol. I can't seem to kill it. Original purchase date: October 2015...
02c399470ed60115eb27b8cd3ff55a41.jpg
6ea9441f515ac277fbe416dc24bdcc04.jpg
bbe9433a00dbc05cef51b640df9282fd.jpg
bb3b9647330de088cb9cb31590e45c46.jpg
75f185d75eb3041dce5638cd3dd326f0.jpg
a1071807d38000893a51bf0c6647aa33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Limited Asmodus Edition Gunmetal OG Laisimo Snowwolf... been dropped, stepped on, kicked, ran over with a Ford Focus (literally), and still works. Glass is broken but held together with packaging tape. My wife uses it in rotation to keep it working as a backup lol. I can't seem to kill it. Original purchase date: October 2015...

Back atcha meg :D cracking beater mate

So we can include it in the draw just need your user name in one of the pics if you have a pen to hand?
:cheers:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My old beater
f2d8b931e8305d47de3489a8e369c0aa.jpg
a806dfbcc902ecd2472bd61b735c856f.jpg
ea6d9dced3d96281e8738c92fc931b30.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Great beater!!! Loved that mod!!!
Just need screen name and date on a piece of paper to make you eligible.

Thank you so much!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Just my once trusty RX300 and threw in the HorizonTech Turbo tank for the lolz.This used to be my go to till the battery door sucked out and the resistance went awol. Notice it has "no batteries" but still operational lol

Attachments

• 1538013069352-793677287.jpg
    1538013069352-793677287.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 21

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Just my once trusty RX300 and threw in the HorizonTech Turbo tank for the lolz.This used to be my go to till the battery door sucked out and the resistance went awol. Notice it has "no batteries" but still operational lol

What did you end up replacing it with mate?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
My Hohm Slice in red started peeling real fast even though I am very careful with my mods. Horrible paint.

My "Tiffany Blue" Holm Slice is just as bad.
I was peeling paint off with my fingernail after about 2 months.

I have a silver one that looks halfway decent.
Since they are silver underneath so I guess that could be why.

Why couldn't they have used the same material/paint setup as the Wrecker G2?:facepalm:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Mine beater mod~ It don't have screen, but have led:xD:
Vaptio P-I mini is so cute and easy to carry. Maybe it will be the smallest mod here:cloud::cloud:
pzChtqu.jpg

There’s me thinking you’d be rocking a 3 battery monster doing tricks with vape rings
:bingo:

I’ve never been able to do any sort of vaping tricks, look like I’m having a fit or something trying to produce a vape ring :giggle:

WotofoOfficial

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Challenge Sponsor
There’s me thinking you’d be rocking a 3 battery monster doing tricks with vape rings
:bingo:

I’ve never been able to do any sort of vaping tricks, look like I’m having a fit or something trying to produce a vape ring :giggle:

Me too~~~ Doing vape tricks is too hard to me. But some of my colleagues are good at it:giggle:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

That is definitely a beater. Its like a 1983 Chevy Nova. Not worth fixing up, cant sell it and still runs.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
What did you end up replacing it with mate?
On a budget at the time I replaced it with a Movkin Innokin Disguiser 150. Battery door broke, replaced that with a Wisemec Gen3. Battery door broke again, replaced that with a H Priv2. Screen went out on it, replaced that with my current Sigelei Fuchai 213. All in a 6 month time frame.

No wonder why the wifey wants me to quit vapin lol

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
On a budget at the time I replaced it with a Movkin Innokin Disguiser 150. Battery door broke, replaced that with a Wisemec Gen3. Battery door broke again, replaced that with a H Priv2. Screen went out on it, replaced that with my current Sigelei Fuchai 213. All in a 6 month time frame.

Damn that’s a shit run for you there :( are you hard on your gear or just crap luck?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Shit run I guess for my mods. I just get butterfingers and the mod slips. But of all the drops and spills, I have never broke a tank or the glass on one lol

Fingers crossed with the fuchai, never know you could be lucky and have a revenger back up soon ...with your luck though that’ll only keep you going for another 2 months :sad:

Just think though for the cash you spent on that lot you could have got a hex or something with a lifetime warranty ;)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I almost bought a Paranormal 250C, got an Asmodus EOS II instead....it looks nicer, lighter, but damn....at least the EOS can get e-liquid on it and not Literally Smell Bad
Was looking at the EOS yesterday. How's it feel in hand? Have a birthday coming up and have given up hope that LV hasn't abandoned their Therion lovers.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Fingers crossed with the fuchai, never know you could be lucky and have a revenger back up soon ...with your luck though that’ll only keep you going for another 2 months :sad:

Just think though for the cash you spent on that lot you could have got a hex or something with a lifetime warranty ;)
Lol yeah I'm hopin a bit too for the Revenger, but I'd be happy just to win anything. I wanna try my hand at some of the contests on the forums but with all that goin on it looks somewhat intimidating. One day I might, but I did want to jump on this challenge to have a bit of fun and check out some of these relics. Awesome good stuff bein posted.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

I'm on my 2nd 213. I didn't open the Fuchais. I heard more bad things about those and really good things on the 213 alone.
First one was a burnt orange which I had a custom Fad Daddy tip made for my Clieto by Leadpipe58. Mod lasted me over 2 yrs. I loved it so much I wanted Mr. Fix It to do it. I Let Gadget take a look at it. Just be careful about replacing your batteries. The Spring Loaded Pin up top (Negative) is made of plastic. But using plastic on a part that is constantly used? Gadget glued the heck out of it and it lasted another 8 months or so.

I called Sigelei. With the help of Gadget's photo. Sigelei made things right with no issue.

I really enjoy mine and Please USE the condom, Mr. "♪♪ Ooops. I did it again... ♫♪♫♪♫♪ Babai, Babai, Babai, Babai..."

Fuchai Spring Loaded Pin Negative.jpg

Attachments

• Fuchai Spring Loaded Pin Negative.jpg
    Fuchai Spring Loaded Pin Negative.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 15

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks @jwill for bringing this thread to my attention. If I would have came here sooner I could have entered my Alien. Unfortunately, it has died recently. For curiosity purposes-
0928181025-1.jpg
0928181025a-1.jpg

My official entry will be my Pico. This is my first real mod I got. I told the story here before how my Pico has been through a lot. It's been through a snow storm, been rained on, dropped dozens of times, and is still kicking.

A couple of years ago I was Christmas shopping. I wanted to stop at a vape shop before we left town. My mother was driving and I was in the back seat. There was no parking so I exited the car and my Pico fell out of my pocket unknowingly. As soon as I got home (An hour away) I realized it must have fell out of my pocket in the middle of a busy street. So I called the shop to have them look out there. It was snowing bad (MN) so I knew it was a long shot. It must have been driven over several times I thought. The shop guy was nice and went looking but couldn't find it in the dark and took my number. It wasn't until the next day, a good samaritan turned it in. Whoever found it said it was in the street getting ran over. My Griffin RTA on it was crushed but my tough little Pico held its form. The shop called me and I picked it up a few days later. I dried it out and hoped for the best. It turned on right away. My Pico is a fighter, a survivor.

This fire button doesn't lie. Its been pressed hundreds of thousands of times (Probably lol).

0928181016d-1.jpg
0928181016-1.jpg
0928181016a-1.jpg
0928181016b.jpg
0928181016c-1.jpg

Please consider my Pico to be one of the lucky winners.

[Edit- for date today]
0928181402-1.jpg

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks @jwill for bringing this thread to my attention. If I would have came here sooner I could have entered my Alien. Unfortunately, it has died recently. For curiosity purposes-
View attachment 120742
View attachment 120743

My official entry will be my Pico. This is my first real mod I got. I told the story here before how my Pico has been through a lot. It's been through a snow storm, been rained on, dropped dozens of times, and is still kicking.

A couple of years ago I was Christmas shopping. I wanted to stop at a vape shop before we left town. My mother was driving and I was in the back seat. There was no parking so I exited the car and my Pico fell out of my pocket unknowingly. As soon as I got home (An hour away) I realized it must have fell out of my pocket in the middle of a busy street. So I called the shop to have them look out there. It was snowing bad (MN) so I knew it was a long shot. It must have been driven over several times I thought. The shop guy was nice and went looking but couldn't find it in the dark and took my number. It wasn't until the next day, a good samaritan turned it in. Whoever found it said it was in the street getting ran over. My Griffin RTA on it was crushed but my tough little Pico held its form. The shop called me and I picked it up a few days later. I dried it out and hoped for the best. It turned on right away. My Pico is a fighter, a survivor.

This fire button doesn't lie. Its been pressed hundreds of thousands of times (Probably lol).

View attachment 120746
View attachment 120747
View attachment 120748
View attachment 120749
View attachment 120750

[Edit- for date today]
View attachment 120764

Cracking Beater ...so far Eleaf seems to be producing the most beaters
:idea:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
View attachment 120742
View attachment 120743

View attachment 120746
View attachment 120747
View attachment 120748
View attachment 120749
View attachment 120750

[Edit- for date today]
View attachment 120764

That is a great story and a great beater. When I lived in the city I would ride my bike everywhere. Not a day would go by that I didnt find something in the road. Purses, wallets, cell phones, vape stuff. I even found a painting one time. I never could bring myself to use the vape stuff.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I'm on my 2nd 213. I didn't open the Fuchais. I heard more bad things about those and really good things on the 213 alone.
First one was a burnt orange which I had a custom Fad Daddy tip made for my Clieto by Leadpipe58. Mod lasted me over 2 yrs. I loved it so much I wanted Mr. Fix It to do it. I Let Gadget take a look at it. Just be careful about replacing your batteries. The Spring Loaded Pin up top (Negative) is made of plastic. But using plastic on a part that is constantly used? Gadget glued the heck out of it and it lasted another 8 months or so.

I called Sigelei. With the help of Gadget's photo. Sigelei made things right with no issue.

I really enjoy mine and Please USE the condom, Mr. "♪♪ Ooops. I did it again... ♫♪♫♪♫♪ Babai, Babai, Babai, Babai..."

View attachment 120717
Of all the clearance mods available when I bought my 213 was the solid metal body as compared to the plasric body alternatives. However it pains me when the outer body covers up cheap plastic parts and poor internal design.

I've done bought all my gear in brick and mortar stores but the next set of mods I buy may be online. Bein as my selection was limited, if I buy online what brands do you recommend with lifetime warranties?

At some point in the future I will be buying parts and building my own mods. Cheaper to build and easy to replace broken parts.

Irked Particle

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
This is my Innokin Proton, which one only has since I started vaping in April, but this thing already has a ton of miles on it. It goes with me everywhere, even when we went down to the lake in NC this summer. I never left home without it until I got a 2nd mod recently. This is my Old Faithful. It will always hold a special place in my heart. I like how scrappy it is cause it still works fine! I would absolutely buy another.
IMG_20180928_231232320.jpg IMG_20180928_231249124.jpg IMG_20180928_231852095.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180928_231402376.jpg
    IMG_20180928_231402376.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 14

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
This is my Innokin Proton, which one only has since I started vaping in April, but this thing already has a ton of miles on it. It goes with me everywhere, even when we went down to the lake in NC this summer. I never left home without it until I got a 2nd mod recently. This is my Old Faithful. It will always hold a special place in my heart. I like how scrappy it is cause it still works fine! I would absolutely buy another.
View attachment 120801 View attachment 120802 View attachment 120804

Thanks for sharing pateralus :vino:

It’s a good point if anyone seeing this thread isn’t sure ....the mod doesn’t have to be 2/3 years old, just something used frequently and has stood up to a beating

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
View attachment 120801 View attachment 120802 View attachment 120804

Thats a solid looking beater Pat. Doesn't look abused but well loved.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My submission isn't necessarily a beater mod, but it's been working since around May 6, 2017 or so without missing a beat!

challenge1.jpg

As you can see, the screen is fogged up from having so much juice dumped in it trying to wick my Reload clone, that it was running out the bottom of the battery door. That bottom airflow Aura didn't help any either. :)

challenge2.jpg

challenge3.jpg

I've used this mod 12-16 hours a day most of the time since I got it, and it's never skipped a beat. I believe it'll outlive me...and look good doing it! :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
KBox 40 watt that I got for 5 whole dollars. Was a daily carry to, and from work, for quite a while. Just got so tired of dealing with the battery cover never going on straight. I also have the black one, still, but the 510 keeps coming out. Does still work, lol.

beater 1.jpg beater 2.jpg beater3.jpg

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
My submission isn't necessarily a beater mod, but it's been working since around May 6, 2017 or so without missing a beat!

View attachment 120835

As you can see, the screen is fogged up from having so much juice dumped in it trying to wick my Reload clone, that it was running out the bottom of the battery door. That bottom airflow Aura didn't help any either. :)

View attachment 120836

View attachment 120837

I've used this mod 12-16 hours a day most of the time since I got it, and it's never skipped a beat. I believe it'll outlive me...and look good doing it! :)
HW is holding up great. Can't get over how good it looks with that kind of mileage on it.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

View attachment 120835

View attachment 120836

View attachment 120837

There’s the hohm wrecker I’ve been waiting for!! Thanks for the post mate good to see these still about seeing some love :vino:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
KBox 40 watt that I got for 5 whole dollars. Was a daily carry to, and from work, for quite a while. Just got so tired of dealing with the battery cover never going on straight. I also have the black one, still, but the 510 keeps coming out. Does still work, lol.

View attachment 120838 View attachment 120839 View attachment 120840

Doesnt that shell look remakebly similar to the double barrel Huck or maybe that’s just me? Wonder if there was some inspiration drawn from it (mirror both sides and you have almost the DB)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks! It's been knocked off the table onto a hardwood floor twice. The batteries went flying of course. Other than that, no damage except a couple of dents in the floor. :)

I was saying earlier I was surprised people haven’t jumped in showing the wrecker ...we had a 5k strong post on that box!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors