Become a Patron!

The Vape Budget (Help)

MetroNos

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im looking for something to run a Kanger Subtank mini and also a artic tank. i have a 30$ spending limit.I was hoping for regulated device in the 40 to 50 watt range, No Kbox. i have bad experiences with kbox. Any ideas ?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well I'll say your options are really vast. If I was looking for what you are I would look at the PioneerForYou IPV Mini or IPV Mini 2. I have the 2 - right around $60 I believe the mini is a bit cheaper. I love it.. .2 ohm resistance on the bottom end and I can vape 7-70watts which is plenty for my regulated device.

Depends what chip you want, there's some options with DNA chips in the same range I believe. Hope I helped.. Cheers

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Kbox goes up to 40 watts and is absolutely adequate for the subtank (not as sure about the arctic). And it's under $30! So why don't you like the Kbox? I have one as a backup, and it's the simplest mod I own!

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
If you're not in a hurry, the new iStick 40 with Temperature control will start shipping next week. There are several vendors taking pre-orders for around $30, which is incredible for a temp control device. If you search it on this forum cvapor is pre-ordering it for $30. Needless to say I haven't tried it, but I did order it. I have the istick 30 and 50w and really like both of them. I know some people said they had some issues with the 50watt, but, I've had mine for several months and had no issues whatsoever.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@MetroNos ....I can understand vaping on a budget, most of us can actually...but if you're looking for something to run an Arctic on, especially with .2 ohm coils you're going to want to save your pennies and wait for a bit till you can get a bigger mod. The Segelei mini is about the cheapest thing I would recommend and is more than fine for running a Subtank or something like that but you're better off getting something with at least 50 watts if not more for the Arctic and other Sub ohm tanks and RDA's if you decide to go that route in the future...it's better to save up and have one or two mods that can do everything you'd ever want them to than buy something cheap now and outgrow it in a week and be scrimping change again to try and get another mod when for a few bucks more you could have had it in the first place and it will keep you happy for quite awhile

I speak from experience. I started out with a VAMO 2 as my first "high powered" regulated mod. Got it for 25 bucks, everyone said it was cheap and wouldn't last...so I went threw several 15 watt mods including two Provari's that cost me over 200 hundred dollars each. Don't get me wrong, I've loved all of my mods, but I am one of the lucky ones that my VAMO works two years later and I still use my Provari's with my Kayfuns, but for all the thousands of dollars i've spent on vaping I mainly use the same two mechs (two nemises. I've had one for a year and a half and the other for over a year,) a Vaporshark rDNA 40 for my all day vape with a subtank, and an old Kayfun lite plus with a Provari as a back up. Oh, and my Sig 150 has replaced about half a dozen other mechs that just sit on my desk collecting dust...There are too many good options out there that will satisfy a vapor for so much longer than we had years ago it just doesn't make sense to me to not save for a bit and get something good that will really last instead of something cheap and quick and you may hate in a month.

Just my two cents for what they're worth. Good luck and happy hunting :)

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This ^...
or the coolest new mod that is not tc and selling out everywhere for a reason is http://www.vapordna.com/Presa-40-Watt-Mod-by-Wismec-p/pres00.htm
Works great for what it is, exceptionally ergonomic and the future for buttons on mods hopefully. Yeah, I know they are out of stock at that link and so is everybody else that is selling it below msrp.

VU Sponsors