Become a Patron!

The Uwell Caliburn - The Ferrari of Pod Devices

uwell_caliburn_11w_pod_system_black_uk.jpg

Quick Brief

The Caliburn is the latest refillable pod-style kit released by Uwell. I've heard a lot about this device and given that it has refillable pods, I thought it was worth a try so I ordered one from a UK vape website. These are not currently released in Ireland as far as I can see however I don't see any reason why they wouldn't!

Quick Technical

• Pen Style 520mAh Battery
  • Refillable 2ml pods
  • Mouth to Lung
  • Automatic or Push draw fire
  • Constant 11W vape
Quick Review

I’ve used this device for the past two weeks on and off against it's competitors (Aspire Spryte, Smok Nord) and I can honestly say that Uwell has done a fantastic job.

To start with the pros, this little device has a very strong and flavorful draw and can be activated by either button fire or automatic draw (like the Juul). It has good airflow and allows for a nice thick vape to be produced. The design is also very sleek and comes in a nice range of colors (I personally have both the grey and pink). The pod design is a mouth piece and tank integrated to enjoy a simple refillable experience and can carry 2ml of liquid.

In terms of the vape itself, it's not too loose or too restricted for my liking. It's actually very surprising how nice the flavor is coming out of such a small device, you really wouldn't expect it at all. It has a relatively decent battery life if you chain vape it (approximately 4 hours) and doesn't take more than an hour to charge back up to full. I really like the pod system itself as it doubles as the mouth piece and the tank much like an Orion Quest or Aspire Spryte. It's also extremely light and could easily fit into a pants pocket without much bother. Lastly, the pods themselves seem to last quite a long time (I haven't had to change mine at all yet)

As far as negatives go, and if I am completely honest - It's like complaining about the size of the cupholders in a Ferrari. There really isn't many down sides to using the Caliburn at all except that sometimes depending on the juice, it can spit and flood easily. Aside from that, the battery life is great given the size however if you tend to use your device and can't charge it easily, you might want to buy two so you can get a full days use out of them.

Quick Pros

• Refillable 2ml pods
  • Easy to use design
  • Pod magnetises to the body
  • Rich flavor
  • Small but sleek design
Quick Cons

• Sometimes it spits depending on the juice
  • Battery life isn't great if you want to chain vape
  • Some of the competitor products allow for the coil to be changed
Quick Conclusion

I feel to some degree I'm understating how great this device actually is. I would highly recommend it as an ADV for anyone who is fed up with the Juul or similar devices but doesn't want to commit to a full size tank + mod. I have a personal attachment to it because it has been the only device that my SO has used that she felt was a worthy replacement for cigarettes and is now 1 week without analogs! Overall, this is a fantastic little device and in my opinion, the absolute best POD system out on the market right now. I've been using this back to back with the Smok Nord and while the Nord allows for a nice DTL vape, the MTL on the Caliburn is a clear leader.

Quick Score

9/10 (Changable Coils would make this a perfect 10)

Quick Disclaimer

I bought this device with my own money, it was not provided as a sample and as such I am completely unbiased. I hope that my quick and no nonsense approach will be welcomed in the community and I look forward to any criticisms & feedback on my review.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
it has been the only device that my SO has used that she felt was a worthy replacement for cigarettes and is now 1 week without analogs!
That's really great! Congrats to your SO and your peace of mind.

I watched a review on YT on this one, so it's nice to see good info on it from a real people. Thanks for the review :)

VU Sponsors