Become a Patron!

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced new rules that extend federal authority to e-cigaret

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced new rules that extend federal authority to e-cigarettes.

http://scene-chicago.com/scene/inde...hat-extend-federal-authority-to-e-cigarettes/

This is what happens when the ignorant and/or lazy author writes about something she knows nothing about,

She didn't even bother to do a simple google search.

If she had she would have noticed that this was written about 3 million times when the FDA deeming regs came out on August 2016.

I think she is so clueless that she actually thinks the deeming regs came out in August of THIS YEAR!:facepalm:

jj-300x221.jpg

Also the stupid is so obvious with this gem:

Dmw3vslXgAEyeTr.jpg

In 2016 the amount of vaping "teens" (they always include 18yr olds to skew the results) was around 15%

If they are three times more likely to smoke then why has smoking (and vaping) declined in 2017 and 2018?

I would imagine that you'd have to be a stupid motherfucker to debunk your own argument in your own article :facepalm:

Hi! I wrote this article MANY years ago and tried to submit it as a writing sample. I have a masters degree so don't dare insinuate I am stupid. I never even wanted this posted online, but it was a story I did for class many moons ago. I hope that answers your questions, and makes you realise to step back!

thanks!

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hi! I wrote this article MANY years ago and tried to submit it as a writing sample. I have a masters degree so don't dare insinuate I am stupid. I never even wanted this posted online, but it was a story I did for class many moons ago. I hope that answers your questions, and makes you realise to step back!

thanks!
:giggle:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
looks like something was changed in that link. what is there now is inconsequential and looks like a 5th grader could have written it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

thanks!

You realize this was post is from a year and a half ago, right????

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

thanks!
BSfivaj.jpg

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
upload_2020-2-16_19-9-18.png

I'm going to assume this really was written in 2016.

Smoking in 18-25 year old's is massively down. (The bracket "teens" from 2016 would be in right now)

Below are 2018's results.

So, That would mean the part above didn't pan out wouldn't it?

upload_2020-2-16_18-52-48.png

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_smoking/index.htm

Have no fear, though.
Now when people need skewed results they just simply change the "Young Adult" group from 18-24 years old to 18-29 years old;)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Have no fear, though.
Now when people need skewed results they just simply change the "Young Adult" group from 18-24 years old to 18-29 years old;)

This often makes me wonder.
In 5 years all the teens who aren't smoking right now because vaping exists will fill the 18-29 year old bracket.
How are they going to skew the results in 5 years when the 18-29 year old smoking rate ends up below 5%?

Are they just going to bump the "Young Adult" category up to 18-39 years old? :giggle:

Pretty soon "Youth" to these people will mean "Anyone who isn't old enough to be on Social Security" :facepalm:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 155327

I'm going to assume this really was written in 2016.

Smoking in 18-25 year old's is massively down. (The bracket "teens" from 2016 would be in right now)

Below are 2018's results.

So, That would mean the part above didn't pan out wouldn't it?

View attachment 155326

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_smoking/index.htm

Have no fear, though.
Also, I believe it's "number of teens", not "amount of teens", and "three times as likely", not "three times as more likely". I spotted this instantly even though I'm not a native speaker of English. :D

VU Sponsors