Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't handle much of this stuff, but love the flavor. Devil Dust. Boyfriend shakes it alllllll over everything. Like you, he uses a lot of habanero sauce. He and his brothers like to try and out-do each other with ghost chili sauce. They pay for it the next day.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Use Cholula Hot Sauce regularly. Sprinkle cayenne on many things. That's about as fiery as I get.

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not that I've ever had it , but this looks pretty nasty http://***********/mqz4oko 7.1 million scoville , ouch....

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bad link or edited?

Blaire's 16 Million Reserve. Boyfriend told me about it. I'll never try it.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dave's Insanity. 180,000. Not the hottest anymore, but nothing to shake a stick at either. One of the first to be made from capsaicin extract itself. Don't know if they still do it (frankly i doubt it) but they used to have contests to see if anybody could finish a whole sandwich with the stuff. Used to send people to the hospital.

You're supposed to use about as much as will cover the head of a match. Seconds before i learned this, and about a minute before i came to a full understanding of the concept in its entirety, i had dipped the end of a french fry into it.

I had a two liter of Coca-Cola which i took a big gulp from. The rest of the bottle was badly tainted hours after having drunk from it. Water, bread, crackers, coconut milk, milk, cheese - none of these things helped enough.

That shit was SERIOUS.

It's been 20 years and i think i'm finally ready to have another go at that one.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
my story:
when i lived in Baltimore (it was around 2005) i went to a party a a friends uncles house.
he worked at the McCormick spice factory and had some ??? hot sauce extract that is not sold but used in small amounts in spicy seasonings.
I licked 3 or 4 drops off a spoon.
I ended up having to hold an ice cold beer on my mouth for the next 30 minutes!
That shit was hot!!

rest of the story:
my buddy Terry wanted to take some of the sauce home to trick his older brother Chris into what had happened to me.
the guy only had about a half a 30ml bottle of the stuff so he took a blunt tip syringe (the kind used for injecting meat with flavorings) and drew up about 3 or 4ml's in it and wrapped the needle in a napkin.
We were driving home and Terry was in the back seat of the car.
The sauce started leaking so he tried to throw the whole thing out the window and it splashed back in his eyes.
He was freaking out, i was laughing, he was getting mad. He said it was worse than getting maced.

2 hours, 5 face & hand washes and 6 more beers later he went to go piss.
I heard him screaming. He shouldn't have touched his dick that soon because he burned his shit just by touching it.
I laughed some more.

If it would have happened to me he would have laughed too. reminding him of that calmed him down greatly :eek:

of course, that didn't stop him from burning

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Last thing I did was the East Coast Wings Insanity Wing Challenge which ranks between 2-3 million SVU. It really wasn't that bad. Very peppery, though they won't release what is used in it. Given the Carolina Reaper rates between 1.5 and 2m SVU, they have to be using extract and pepper sauce in the mix. It's dark red and very oily. I won't say it was mild, but it's not as bad as others make it out to be on the videos I've seen. Some just can't tolerate spicy food and need not attempt such challenges thinking it's not going to be hot.

They make you wear gloves the entire time and it's only one chicken wing, which is crazy,

Other than that, I downed a few ramikins of Buffalo Wild Wings Ghost Pepper sauce before the store here said they were out and could no longer order it (it's a limited edition sauce). Honestly, it was no hotter than their Blazin sauce which is pretty weak on it's own. Same consistency and texture, just a touch more heat - nothing to write home about.

I am going to be ordering some of the Carolina Reaper puree direct from Ed Currie though - it's pure puree with a little bit of vinegar and that's all there is to it. Just how a hot sauce should be. I don't know why people add all that other junk to a sauce. No one needs onions, bell peppers, pineapple, mango, salt, pepper, [insert ingredient here] in a hot sauce.

Jonathan Tittle

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like hot. But anything that requires a signed medical waiver to eat or will cause instant blistering I will not even try.

heh - skip the insanity wing challenge :) - You have to sign a waiver & wear gloves and those gloves are the cheap-o deli gloves that are pretty much useless. The oils go right through them. Ended up washing my hands (they make you after you eat the wing) and touching my lips after and it was still present.

They need to switch over to nitrile gloves - that would at least take care of any issues with sensitivities and/or allergies to latex when it comes to those who eat the wing.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Years ago, the Mrs. and I went to a really upscale Chines restaurant and I ordered spring rolls as an appetizer.

I asked the waiter to bring out the hottest hot mustard that they had.

A few minutes later, he came back to our table with the spring rolls and the manager. The manager asked me if I really liked spicy food and I told him yes.

I was then presented with a small ceramic bowl of what looked to be black jelly. They both watched me carefully with little grins on their faces when I added some of it to my spring roll and took a bite. Damn that stuff was hot.

And they were kind of amazed when I finished of every last bit of what was in the bowl.

Never did find out what it was.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love anything hot (though preferably survivable). Shit, i put sriracha on my freakin' breakfast cereal.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love anything hot (though preferably survivable). Shit, i put sriracha on my freakin' breakfast cereal.
Moving to Texas I hear

I just LOOOVE me some spicy stuff...the wasabi at the Chinese places isn't hot to me...more vapory than hot...takes my breath away

Joshua McCord

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Ghost chile, white habanero, peruvian lemon, roughly in that order. All but the first vape well too.

VU Sponsors