The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by grobbins, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. debinnv

debinnv VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Time to get polishing!

IMG_20191008_115038680.jpg

2. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Bought some batteries.

IMG_20191008_150414.jpg

3. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
  4. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Vendor VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team VU SWAT Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    It really is cheaper to buy in bulk. I lose them, give them away, they co in flashlights and everything else. They will get used.

5. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Tesla Punk 86 copper came in the mail yesterday. I had found a rose gold Merlin RDTA that I bought from Chef a year or so ago, that I thought I had lost. Tried it on the Punk, and it looks great, so I cleaned it up and let it dry overnight. This morning I put new coils and cotton in and put the whole thing together with some Sunshine Punch juice. Love it!

Was a little disappointed - somehow I'd gotten it in my head that the Punk could use 20700 batteries. Dunno. But no, it does not. Might need to buy a super-duper 18650 to use specifically in this mod. Coils are at 0.22 ohms and I'm running 37.5 watts, not really high but this single 18650 battery isn't going to last long.

Punk.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  6. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    I am still thinking about getting one. Just not sure which is the best color for me. I did see that the Nunchaku mod is coming out with a 21700 version and I might hold off and wait for that next month. Of course it's not nearly as cool looking

7. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Smok d barrel and some cotton bacon. I'll let you know how the mod does. @debinnv the fire button is easy to push and very clicky. No button rattle either. Seems well built so far. [​IMG]

8. Irked Particle

Irked Particle VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I agree, I have amassed quite a few batteries myself. I've already discovered how great they are for flashlights, so I've permanently relocated a couple for that purpose.

You can never have too many batteries. You can quote me on that. :)

9. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Sweet!!! Thank you Catman. And gratz on the new goodie too!

10. Irked Particle

Blog Posts:
    Just received my Aspire Odan Tank minutes ago!

I won this from the contest @Aspiretina ran a little while back. Thank you Aspire!

I can't wait to try it out! It's a looker, especially in the sunlight! :)

IMG_20191009_155252564_HDR.jpg

ilikeitfruity, Nailz, Rhianne and 7 others like this.
  11. Belladona

Belladona Gold Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    4EC1ED79-AFC0-49CD-A12C-6D4C77C386C2.jpeg
    Nothing special but I finally got my tank bands for my clumsy ass

12. Irked Particle

Blog Posts:
    Aspire Odan Tank on my Lost Vape Paranormal 166. Flavor & draw very good so far!

Actually looking to sell the Paranormal, but I've been too lazy to post it yet. :)

IMG_20191009_160708938_HDR.jpg

13. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Nice looking mod and tank.

14. Belladona

Blog Posts:
    That tank is beautiful man!!

15. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    So do they say anything special on them?

Heartsdelight likes this.
  16. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Nothing special today. 2 new squonk refill bottles from a sale at VapeNW and was already running low on VG and wanted to try the Nude Nicotine jwill likes so I ordered the VG from them also.

[​IMG]Untitled by Wayne, on Flickr

sr20vet, jwill, Bluenatic and 7 others like this.
  17. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    So how about this smok mod is dead on arrival. Shoulda figured.

18. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    I'm not gonna like that post and I am SO freaking sorry. Let me save you the trouble here. Email them ONCE and if they don't reply do a charge back immediately. Okay it's just my suggestion as obviously do as you see fit. But the horror stories out there about eightvape is they are hit or miss and if you get a defective item you are gonna be SOL..............You are not the only one here on the forum that got a defective item and they went through utter hell to get a resolution.

Rhianne, bikerboogieman and MrMeowgi like this.
  19. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Really? Wow!

20. Belladona

Blog Posts:
    Nah, just plain black ones.

Rhianne, bikerboogieman and DonBaldy like this.
  21. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Yea it's definitely a first time I've ever had this happen. I plugged it up to the USB and it cuts on. But as soon as you unplug it, it dies. It's gotta be in the battery connection somewhere. But not my place to fix it right out of the box. Hopefully they'll just ship a new one which is what I'd like. But if not then charge back it'll be. Booo

22. SnapDragon NY

SnapDragon NY VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU SWAT

Blog Posts:
    Perfect match! Looks great!

:vino:

23. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    :eek: Oh no!

24. SnapDragon NY

SnapDragon NY VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU SWAT

Blog Posts:
    Oh Nooooo.....

:tantrum::gaah::cuss2:

25. nadalama

nadalama Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    You've got to be kidding. Well so much for cutting them a break. Damn, that's too bad.

26. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    All hope is lost. Only smok product I've ever bought too. Lmao

27. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    I am beginning to wonder about EightVape. That's where I got the Sigelei Evaya that upset me so much. Died after 4 months. When I went to Sigelei to see if I could get some help, they told me specifically they don't offer support for devices bought from EightVape.

Is EightVape buying the vendor returns or something? Is that how they get their prices down?

28. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Each time I contemplate ordering from them I see stuff like this and change my mind.

Rhianne and debinnv like this.
  29. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Ok for anyone who isn't in retail or supply chain management, here is how Return Centers work.

Company A receives goods from Company B, who is the manufacturer.

Company A ships goods out to their stores.

Company A's stores sell goods and have some pieces returned because they are dysfunctional, or don't fit, or the wrong color, or whatever. No telling what has happened to the merchandise while it was out of the custody of the store.

Company A's stores accumulate these goods, and if an appreciable number of units of an item are returned, meaning the item was probably defective in some way, the store returns those items to their own company's warehouse.

Company A's warehouse accumulates items (in a Return Center) for return to the vendor (Company B) for credit off invoices submitted by Company B.

If Company B requests, the merchandise gets sent back from Company A's warehouse to Company B.

It's called "Reclamation," and Company B, if they're on the ball, has other "closeout" companies waiting in line to buy this "reclaimed" stock, often for pennies on the dollar.

Dunno. Just sayin...

30. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit. They might belong in the hall of shame at this point

31. Irked Particle

Blog Posts:
    Oh my gosh, that's shitty! That sucks cause everything I've ordered from EightVape has been perfect, & I've ordered from them a lot.

I have 2 Squid Industries Double Barrels & several other mod I can't even remember from them & every one of them works flawlessly.

I had one issue a while back when Wotofo Profile coils were harder to come by. They didn't have them in stock, so I told them that the cotton I ordered with it was useless to me without the coils. They refunded my $ immediately, no questions asked.

I find it strange that one person can have a perfectly good history with a company, & others end up with complete garbage. I figure I've just been lucky so far; always have been in general, I believe.

But after reading everything people have said about them here, going forward I'll have to exercise some caution when ordering from EightVape. :(

32. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Yep, like I said it's hit or miss with them. It's baffling for sure.

33. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Company B ( SMOK in this case) can kiss my ass then, as that is a terrible practice!

Rhianne, bikerboogieman and MrMeowgi like this.
  34. nadalama

Blog Posts:
    Ever wonder how stores like Ollie's, or Big Lots, or even the Sears Outlet get goods to sell cheap? This is how. Can also apply to stock overruns, custom orders that fell through for whatever reason. Buyers at retail companies can even make deals with mfrs that the mfr will take back all unsold units after x number of days.

Always movin and shakin. That's what businesses do.

35. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Yes, I know they did do this. At least good companies will say it is a return, open box, refurbished. Don't see that much in the vape world I guess. Well, actually, now that I think of it. I have in the past seen a vape store note this. But it's been awhile.

36. bx10r

bx10r Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    All i can say is "good luck getting a response back" took @gadget! Weeks when his brand new dot mod died

Sent from a very cloudy room

SnapDragon NY and Rhianne like this.
  37. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Thanks man I'll probably need it.

38. bikerboogieman

bikerboogieman Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Disappointing to hear this about 8 Vape. I've ordered several times from them including a couple mods and have not had any issues thus far...but none of them were a Smok product.

39. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Well I don't think it's eight vape at all honestly. Just Smok living up to its name. Lmao. I'm sure it'll get settled. And hell I've wasted 20 bucks on dumber shit.

40. Rhianne

Rhianne Platinum Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    It looks great with the copper darker. It’s not as hard on the battery as some other mods, but yeah I’ve been looking for a higher than 3000mah 18650, if there is such a thing. Enjoy it!

41. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    The quality of the Nunchaku is a lot better, imo. Little things like the 510 threading and how it feels. But the Punk is very cute and unique. Since you only had funds for one mod, I’m glad you got the Asmodus Finch. Their quality is so good.
    The Nunchaku would rock with a 21700. It uses the battery pretty hard, but a higher mah one like a 4200 would be great for it.
    The Punk gun metal is nice and matches SS pretty well. The copper looks great dark like that. I’ll try to get around to pics. Sorry.

SnapDragon NY likes this.
  42. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    That is a beautiful tank! That diamond looks great. Enjoy it!

SnapDragon NY and Irked Particle like this.
  43. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    What’s in the pointy thing?

44. Rhianne

Blog Posts:

It’s Smok, why are you surprised?

Countrypami likes this.
  45. Rhianne

Blog Posts:
    Those mugs are so cool, Snap! My order at Om got held up for one bottle of Peach Hazel. He emailed me today for the second time now, so I’ve asked them to sub Serene. I don’t want a dozen 10mls of a flavor I’ve never had. But at this point, you never know...Lol

46. Nailz

Nailz FUCK the FDA VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    That's not good, as I got the same mod, same color coming from eightvape too, I normally stay away from Smok, but for $20, and really like the design, I took a gamble, hopefully mine works when turns up, if not, I'll just throw it, isn't worth hassle and time to deal with eightvape for a $20 mod.

47. Jinx'd

Jinx'd Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    i ordered some nic from NicRiver monday. still no shipped email. i guess they are busy, and/or, my unusualy order is not in stock.

48. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Of they replace mine I'll be fine with it. Should be an easy fix for them. Send a new one. It's in the battery contacts somewhere because I can hook it up to the USB and it works fine. Unplug and it's dead. Like you said though for 20 bucks I'm not that worried about it either.

49. Nailz

Nailz FUCK the FDA VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Getting hold of them can be a real challenge, there CS has gone to shit over the last 6 months, but they have such good deals, I still deal with them, but then again, I've never had to contact them, so that makes a difference.

50. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    That's the sample of their nic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.