Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Where did you order from?

Don't know if you're interested, but the NaRTA is a similar style. If you want an authentic, maybe you'd have an easier time getting a NaRTA. I don't really know, just a suggestion.

The CV clone is very nice, and FT still has it for about $9. I bought one from the Hardware thread here, and have really enjoyed it.

Some of those places are also listing a Haku Riviera clone for pre-order.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't know if you're interested, but the NaRTA is a similar style. If you want an authentic, maybe you'd have an easier time getting a NaRTA. I don't really know, just a suggestion.

The CV clone is very nice, and FT still has it for about $9. I bought one from the Hardware thread here, and have really enjoyed it.

Some of those places are also listing a Haku Riviera clone for pre-order.
Thanks! I saw 2fdeal has the Haku Riveria clone for $19.95.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 139397 Got another Dvarw DL clone this time from 2fdeal took 7 days to arrive. FYI FT told me from now on none of the Dvarw clones will have logos.
wow 7 days, that's pretty good. I have never ordered from 2F. I will have to go have a look at them now that I know they are okay

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My second Armageddon Mech Squonker came in today!
b2eb253012c2f8bd9fdb99c580f5c8a3.jpg

They could almost call this thing a kit of putting one together, though, because I hade to gut it and put the components back in to get it working. The fire button was backwards, so if you pushed it, it just dropped into the compartment...the copper L bracket that makes the connection from the battery to the mechanism the button pushes was just loose inside the compartment, so I had to reassemble that
ad9aa5b800f2f762a65c3a8706a7e2b1.jpg

The bumps where the connections are made were in the wrong spots to hit the contact points, so I had to bend them to the correct placement, and then for shits and giggles, they put an unneeded O-Ring right where the contact point hits the bottom of the 510, so I had to remove it, and it’s a pretty tight fit working inside this small box, but after a while of tinkering I finally got it in working order. Also, I had to loosen the 510 on the RDA to make the pin stick out much further than others for it to make a connection.
They also sent me two standard 510 pins for backup for the Armageddon RDA it came with rather than one standard and one for squonking, so, I’m having to use one of my Drop RDA’s to use it for squonking.

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Look at this pretty little thing
b96b5f90bd2b9b8a0d553c6a7ef843c1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Wise choice on the stainless!
I have a black one...
Well it was black when I got it.
The paint started flaking off in less than a week.
It's naked now :) brass or copper, I'm not sure which.

But it is an awesome little mod.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wise choice on the stainless!
I have a black one...
Well it was black when I got it.
The paint started flaking off in less than a week.
It's naked now :) brass or copper, I'm not sure which.

But it is an awesome little mod.

Yeah I have learned no matter how much I like black mods I will never get another black clone. Shit never lasts. Are you having any hot button issues? I'm getting hot button and some small Sparks. I have broke it down and cleaned it but same issue

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Yeah I have learned no matter how much I like black mods I will never get another black clone. Shit never lasts. Are you having any hot button issues? I'm getting hot button and some small Sparks. I have broke it down and cleaned it but same issue

No issues like that with mine.
I did have an issue with it firing when I tightened the battery down.
There was a small black washer in the box that I figured out that it went in the top of the mod. Once I figured that out I glued it in place with some contact cement and haven't had an issue since.

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There was a small black washer in the box that I figured out that it went in the top of the mod. Once I figured that out I glued it in place with some contact cement and haven't had an issue since.

This ring?
2897f9827e30aacd547433a441ff611f.jpg

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5cedcf9eb1e65/VID_20190528_193008.mp4

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dude, I stuck it in avidemux and went through it frame by frame. At it's worst it's REALLY lighting up in there. You can see it in the gap I've outlined. When I go back and forth between that frame and the one behind it, you can see that whole seam flashing.

You probably knew this, but it's doing it when you're pressing and letting go. As it's making contact and breaking contact. (That's what an arc is after all) While you're holding the button it doesn't do it. I don't know. Almost seems like it's being caused by a property of the metal used or something.
bestiaclonearc.JPG

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dude, I stuck it in avidemux and went through it frame by frame. At it's worst it's REALLY lighting up in there. You can see it in the gap I've outlined. When I go back and forth between that frame and the one behind it, you can see that whole seam flashing.

You probably knew this, but it's doing it when you're pressing and letting go. As it's making contact and breaking contact. (That's what an arc is after all) While you're holding the button it doesn't do it. I don't know. Almost seems like it's being caused by a property of the metal used or something.
View attachment 139641
Yeah may try to trade it in for a full copper or brass model

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah may try to trade it in for a full copper or brass model
If you are, don't take my word for the cause. I'm just guessing. All I know is, that is some serious arcing going on there in the space between the contacts when they're close enough to each other, but not touching.

Last edited:

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you are, don't take my word for the cause. I'm just guessing. All I know is, that is some serious arcing going on there in the space between the contacts when they're close enough to each other, but not touching.
Think I fixed the issue for now. Put a higher ohm build in and no sparking at 0.4 was running 0.19. put a 0.22 alien in and we are still good for now

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think I fixed the issue for now. Put a higher ohm build in and no sparking at 0.4 was running 0.19. put a 0.22 alien in and we are still good for now
Well, I guess that makes sense. Less voltage, less current and less power would mean not as much electricity overall to try to jump across that space. Were you finding any arc marks on the contacts when you took it apart before?

c.diehl

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I guess that makes sense. Less voltage, less current and less power would mean not as much electricity overall to try to jump across that space. Were you finding any arc marks on the contacts when you took it apart before?
No none at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors