The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by grobbins, Jun 25, 2014.

1. BobsHere

BobsHere From Wherever VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    From Choderfett, Hawaii to FL in 4 days
    sadgdfg.jpg

SpectoVia, Troy44, gadget! and 6 others like this.
  2. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I looked at that one a few times. Great score. And super quick shipping it sounds like. :vapemail:

3. midknight420

midknight420 VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    My final prize showed up today from the March Mixing Challenge, the Wotofo Profile Unity. Been vaping it since mail ran today and it's a pretty awesome tank.[​IMG]

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Troy44, Heartsdelight, Nailz and 5 others like this.
  4. Theboss

Theboss Silver Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I'm personally not a Smok fan because a guy at a local B&M recommended one as my first mod and it didn't last long before the board died, that's when I learned the importance of back ups.

I will say that if something works for you and you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks?

Nice panel on there, hope you enjoy it!

5. gadget!

gadget! "The Trader" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Awesome vape mail day!

The 2 SQ mods came from @PaulS in a trade here, awesome Squonkers.

[​IMG]

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

6. gsmit1

gsmit1 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I wouldn't call myself a Smok fan, but a guy at a local B&M recommended a Procolor as my first mod/kit and it's still my around town beater to this day :rolleyes: with the rba deck in the BBB. (at the moment)
    20190402_173603[1]_cr.jpg

It's faded, chipped up, beat up, was yanked off the table when I tripped over the usb cable before I had a charger etc. Also, hanging out at Reddit, I see guys (girls too) every day with dead, broken and otherwise nonfunctioning stuff from everybody for a variety of reasons. A large percentage of the time I believe is their fault no matter whose product it is.

I have no supernatural abilities, but being a computer repair guy for a LONG time gives you a sort of nose for these things.

This is a vast oversimplification and I'm not trying to start an argument. I'm willing to change my mind upon being presented with persuasive evidence that Smok is as bad as they're virulent detractors make them out to be. It could happen. It just hasn't yet.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  7. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    I agree that all manufacturers have products that end up being defective for one reason or another. I just know that I took care of my g priv, never dropped it, removed the batteries to charge them and the chip went after 2 months. I gave up trying to get anywhere with their customer service roughly a month into it.

I don't hate on Smok products and I certainly wouldn't be critical of anyone who uses them. As I eluded to in my original post, to each their own, I don't care if someone likes what I vape on, I'm the one that has to enjoy it.

Again, I hope you enjoy your new one.

Heartsdelight and gsmit1 like this.
  8. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    Fair enough and I should clarify that I intended no implication of abuse or negligence in your case at all. I also see instances from clearly experienced people who know what they're doing and they're stuff breaks or doesn't work right, sometimes right outta the box. Not their fault.

I see more of that from Smok on average than I do from other companies on average. I also know they sell more units than the next probably 5 companies combined. (I've heard the arguments denying this as a mitigating factor) I further am convinced that their QC is not what it once was. (though seemingly and hopefully improving) I'm just not convinced that they're as bad as they are often made out to be.

And thank you. I hope the Morph is as good as it seems to be with 42 on the puff counter. :) If not, I will be sure to speak up.

9. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Of course they're not as bad as that. It's because they're actually even much worse! :D

gsmit1 likes this.
  10. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I concur with everything you said. A poster on Reddit said the Morph is solid. It's a guy that likes to take stuff apart and look inside mods. The Species is solid too. He said "They're stepping their game up along with the rest of the industry".

I have some Smok mods and none have just died out on me. I don't consider myself lucky, I like to think I know what I'm doing :D. I had an Alien for years that was my favorite mod to use. I dropped it on pavement twice in a row and killed it. I have four or five other box mods and half a dozen or so of the Stick series mods. All of them are getting up there in age and work fine. I think people must be wrecking their stuff without even knowing it. Vape hate is strong with the company known as Smok lol. People who don't even use their stuff will spout off about how they suck. It's the same old tired, programmed responses. I'm not even that big of a fan. But if you know how to take care of your gear, it will last a long time usually. All the "terrible coils" they make must go to everyone but me too. Every one of them for over a year has funtioned well and lasted a good while. People don't know how to take care of those either. /end rant :D

Heartsdelight, BobsHere and gsmit1 like this.
  11. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    I'm not sure why this made me think of this, but I'd love to see what you thought of Bogan's Bonza tube.

12. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    All of this is true.

Somebody says:
    Turns out that the shop stocks more Smok stuff than anything else and everybody knows that a VERY high percentage of B&M customers are noobs and or folks without much vaping knowledge.

So, if your cases and shelves are full of Smok stuff being sold to novices, how is anything established by that being what you see coming back? Of course this is a case by case basis thing, but that's most of what you're selling and I'll bet money that a very high percentage is people who just have no idea what they're doing. I sure didn't at first. Thankfully the guy who sold me mine was good. (a different story)

Like you say, then you have people who have little or no experience with Smok stuff, but want to be on the cool kids bandwagon and so never miss an opportunity to beat up on Smok, because it's perceived as cool. I see that all the time. Somebody can show up with any other product and be told they're doing it wrong. If somebody shows up with any Smok product, SMOK is doing it wrong. Before ANYthing else is known about the situation at all.

Which brings me to another point. Somebody shows up talking about how crappy Smok is because something's wrong with their setup and a cacophony of voices join in to agree, also before ANYthing else is known about the situation at all. I've personally pushed some of these people and it turns out that the device has been through what nobody's product should be expected to survive. Or they're using dodgy rewrapped batteries or something else we weren't initially told about.

One that's kinda funny is when somebody shows up with a T-Priv or something that looks like it's been in a cement mixer for a couple months. You can tell by how they talk that they just like to vape for whatever reason and don't really know much more than that. They can be a bit sentimental sometimes, talking about how this thing has been with me through thick and thin for a long time, but it's probably time for a new one and they don't pay attention and aren't up on what's out now.

Here comes the anti Smok hit squad to shower him with comments on how wise it is that he's finally getting rid of that piece of Junk and getting something worth having. He responds with something like:
    :giggle: All he knows is that he bought this thing a long time ago, it's been working forever, it's now pretty beat up and it's probably time for a new one.

The one that actually makes me angry though is when some poor soul shows up all excited:
    And here they are posting their shiny new Smok kit, all amped up, looking for some affirmation and encouragement and all they hear is how bad Smok is. :mad: Seriously? This person can't be allowed a moments joy in their accomplishment and the setup that is helping them do it?

Which brings me to one last point. Regardless of anything else, I'd also bet money that Smok has also helped more people get free of their bondage to tobacco than anybody else too.

13. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    A couple of sonar custom mods from chefs sale and Armor rta from 3fvape [​IMG]

14. bx10r

bx10r Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Your 2nd toe has toes?

#staycloudy

15. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    He has a REALLY BIG big toe.

Heartsdelight and Theboss like this.
  16. bx10r

Blog Posts:
    And look to left.. his 2nd toe has 3 toes...

#staycloudy

17. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    :giggle:
    How did you even notice that on that @MrMeowgi pic? I looked at the gear, do you have a foot fetish? :bingo:

Heartsdelight and MrMeowgi like this.
  18. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Those are his regular, normal sized toes. When I say his big toe is REALLY BIG, I mean it's REALLY BIG!!!

Heartsdelight and Theboss like this.
  19. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    Where and how are you getting these for that price? The last link I followed was a lot more than that.

20. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Probably looking for my bare/bear feet
    [​IMG]

21. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    Another foot guy? lol

Heartsdelight likes this.
  22. bx10r

Blog Posts:
    A shoe fetish...yes. foot fetish...only females. Shhhhh
    @MrMeowgi yep.. classic

#staycloudy

Heartsdelight, MrMeowgi and Theboss like this.
  23. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    I have a Drop and a Pulse V2. Love both of them.
    I don't know how the Pulse V2 doesn't get more love. That is one fabulous squonking rda.

I pulled the Drop out after a few months a while back and realized I'd forgotten how good that thing is too.

Bluenatic and Heartsdelight like this.
  24. Theboss

Blog Posts:
    Yes, females only :cheers:
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as a foot fetish but it's something I've always checked out. A woman could be a 10 all the way to her ankles, but if she had nasty feet it wasn't happening.

Some women have sexy feet, nail polish is a must, lmao. The more I think about this it may be a fetish :facepalm:

25. Countrypami

Countrypami The Link Ninja Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Vendor Employee VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years Reddit Exile VU Live Host

Blog Posts:
    $21 shipped for both! :D

20190510_171215.jpg

26. bx10r

Blog Posts:
    When i was single... the 2nd thing i looked at was her feet. I guess cause of my shoe addiction but if she had dirty shoes... wasn't for me.

#staycloudy

27. jinx'd

jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    what was the first thing you looked for ? dirty knee's ?

28. CrazyChef v2.0

Blog Posts:
    Doesn't everyone? :D

29. bx10r

Blog Posts:
    Scarred ones meant she was keeper...

#staycloudy

30. jinx'd

jinx'd Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
  31. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    I haven't tried it and I can't compare. Razor-sharp edges around the screw threads can be sanded off so at this particular price point I don't see that as a dealbreaker, but the button on this mod seems to be a rather useless one IMO.

gsmit1 likes this.
  32. gadget!

Blog Posts:
    Got an EHPRO Billow X
    I liked the looks so I decided to give it a try.
    Very easy to build, incredible flavor, I'm on my second tank and not a drop of leakage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  33. BobsHere

Blog Posts:
    And I thought MrMeowgi got alot of vape mail.......

MrMeowgi, Heartsdelight and gadget! like this.
  34. gadget!

Blog Posts:
    I do a lot of trading so a good share of mine is from trades. :)

35. BobsHere

Blog Posts:
    Well, you are The Trader, it says so right there. I don't have much to trade but I'm looking for one of those itty bitty little 18650 mech squonkers. Drop me a line if you find any when you are rummanging around the store. :cheers:

gadget! and Heartsdelight like this.
  36. GrayMatter

GrayMatter Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Just received this from Spain...
    [​IMG]

37. dhomes

dhomes Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Sexy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight and GrayMatter like this.
  38. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    That does look like a great deck and airflow design. Another "last years model" I'll probably grab at some point.

Heartsdelight and gadget! like this.
  39. gsmit1

Blog Posts:
    By "screw threads," I assume you mean the threads in the body of the tube pieces.
    It will never be on the level you're accustomed to, but like you say, it's a bargain mod. That said, I gotta tell ya. I was a bit disappointed in the switch at first too. However, once I figured out I really did prefer the magnets, and got it set up right and broken in, it's 100 times better than I originally thought.

I wasn't expecting you to buy one, but being that you have tons of experience, a massive collection and are one of the least likely people I've run into to have a good reaction to it (NOT a jab at all), it made me curious.

At least to me, it performs quite well. Especially for a setup I have a grand total of maybe 70 bucks into, including the stacked piece and the rda. That said, even a novice like myself can tell the difference between this and the XXX.

40. gadget!

Blog Posts:
    Got my second Wasp Nano RTA in today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

41. debinnv

debinnv VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Kind of vape mail but it was hand delivered to me by my awesome daughter for Mommy's Day :)

IMG_20190511_152001748.jpg

42. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Fantastic Mother’s Day Gift! Enjoy!

43. debinnv

debinnv VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Thanks! She's an awesome girl. I'm very proud of the lovely woman she has become. We are close, she lives about 15 min away. :)

44. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    That is so wonderful! Proves you are a great mom :hug: Happy Mother’s Day!

45. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, seems like you need to use a file and a bit of sandpaper on it or else it just cuts up the skin on your hands if you aren't too careful with it, but like I said considering the price that's just a very small bump in the road IMO because in the end there does exist a real easy fix.
    If at first you were disappointed in the switch not more than just "a bit" disappointed instead of thinking it was pretty much useless with the spring installed in it, then AFAIK you seem to be real easy to please in contrast to how most other people have been judging it thus far.
    I don't have tons of experience with tube mechs. For reasons that are obvious, the button usually is the most critical part, but despite currently I own 73 mech mods the number of different button designs that I have been using is still only about 20 or so, as a lot of my mechs share the same button design.
    If putting in the magnets fixes the Bonza tube and fixes it adequately, then I see no reason to complain for the price you paid. That is, at least not if it won't turn out that it burns gaping holes into the bottom of your battery causing it to fly back to Oz tralia after it splodes or something like that. :eek:

46. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    image.jpg My win from @DIY Flavor Shack Inc. ! A big thank you to Dawn, @jj2 and @reddhott. They even included a extra 30ml of Caramel Nut Cheesecake that I was going to order but went with their Vanilla Custard. Now I have both :blowkiss:

47. IcepickMaker84

IcepickMaker84 Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    EightVape and VapeDeal orders came in today. The Blueberry cornbread pudding is pretty good.

IMG_1466.jpg

Sent from the dark side of the moon.

48. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Couple things today from the hardware thread. There was dental floss as well. Gotta keep them choppers clean. Thanks @bx10r and @Vaperoxx[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  49. bx10r

Blog Posts:
    You Forgot the floss

#staycloudy

50. nadalama

nadalama VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:

I keep looking at your quilt. God I love quilts. Wish I had the patience to make them. I have one that my mother's mother made back in the 1940s, only thing I have that belonged to my grandparents. Can't use it, though, it would probably come all to pieces.

Anyway, love your quilt!