The official VAPE MAIL!!!!!!! thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koki

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How's that Valyrian vaping?
I give the Valyrian a 7.5 out of 10 but I'm digging my new Rig Mod Tanker more, 8.5 out of 10.

37164915382_a16a3d0e9e_z.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After about a month, finally got my broads--umm, admiral? I didn't realize until I took the picture that it says admiral on the bottom. So honestly I don't know which one I have. Either way I'm not complaining.

I've learned that I hate building on the goon (clone). Any tips on getting two coils to play together in the clamps? TIA
69353f7dfdf7fb4641af96346988bdb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Damn that's gorgeous!

Andria

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Damn that's gorgeous!

Andria
Indeed it is! There's a few things I need to work out, mostly just certain characteristics of a mech mod I believe, that I need to get used to coming from regulated mods. For one I feel lost without the satisfying clicky button. Also, I see why there's a big fuss about dripping. Flavor and clouds are a big selling point but I'm used to a tank so I'm getting dry hits like crazy. I keep forgetting to drip.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Indeed it is! There's a few things I need to work out, mostly just certain characteristics of a mech mod I believe, that I need to get used to coming from regulated mods. For one I feel lost without the satisfying clicky button. Also, I see why there's a big fuss about dripping. Flavor and clouds are a big selling point but I'm used to a tank so I'm getting dry hits like crazy. I keep forgetting to drip.

I've got a couple of mechs, but I always use a Kick in mine, because I'm just not willing to vape unregulated -- but I felt lost without the "instant on-the-fly" type of regulation you get with regulated mods, those convenient buttons, that informative screen to give you info about the vape -- the battery level, the resistance, the instant on-the-fly changes to wattage, etc.

And yeah, RDAs do take some getting used to -- I was used to Kayfuns, and those clear-top-to-bottom plastic M-tanks; when I started using exclusively RDAs, I was taking the cap off about every other hit, to see if it needed more. :giggle: Gradually you get used to the subtle differences in taste, as the wick begins to dry, so you can head off the dreaded dry hit.

Andria

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
O-Atty...
Sounds like the start (or end) of a Country Western Song

New atty, 9.95 from 3fvape.com
I needed an extra atty for a squonker, I liked the looks of this and the price was right for sure.

After getting it I set it up with a single coil build. Only having 2 air holes I didn't expect much. That and the fact that the top cap only goes on in one position and it looked like they were blocked by the posts.
After building it and juicing it up I gave it a try and was reasonably impressed.
Looking closely at the build deck I noticed why the top cap has a proprietory position. The posts on both sides are drilled to match the position of the air holes.

I like it! It performs well as a squonker and produces intense flavor.

If you look at the last picture, you can
see the hole in the post, the white spot in the center of the hole, that's because you are seeing clear through to the other side.
I like a little more air flow but it is adequate, I would compare the air flow to be similar to the Serpent SMM.
635adec4f9cb431d5e2ee0d79ca4cc84.jpg
c7e7a2b5e64806f7f634a398a57cfe14.jpg
88b7e4989eecf360832bffb69a2b88d8.jpg
34cbcee9da72e8903c78b382c375dbba.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

The Admiral tube mod uses a design that lets you adjust the feel of the button throw. My 'The 99' (by Vapergate / BJ Box Mods) uses the same design... the button on these tube mods uses an O-ring and a height-adjustable conically shaped metal part. The O-ring holds together three metal pieces in such a way that they fit around the conically shaped part. After I futzed around with the height of the conically shaped part on mine it still wouldn't feel right because it was uncomfortably firm so I ended up replacing the O-ring with a different one, but please be advised this firmness is intended to protect you against accidental firing the button, and, if you choose to put in a different O-ring, then please be very careful with your choice of O-ring.

About filling up tanks vs dripping, once you grow accustomed to dripping (some can't...) you'll remember to drip, and you'll remember it the same way you remember to breathe.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got some coffee and cream today. Irma liquidation sale. Wish me luck ha ha. I mainly got it to beat out vapors tounge before I get it. Getting low on koolada so I figured what the hell right. Also not really vape mail but picked this up from my friend at work.gave it a good cleaning and scrub down ready to try this coffee I guess. Got some dual Clapton coming in a .61... We'll see how it goes. I may rebuild with round wire instructions, not sure
28641aec1abe30f220612da8966aae8c.jpg
8b31dc50ccad963c2b47dd446ffc55ac.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I leave all my boxes on floor for the cats. Watching my large girl, Beana get into the smaller ones is better than any comedy on TV. If she can't get into it she proceeds to destroy it. The best is when Little Foot has already claimed a box and Bea tries to fit in there with him.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I leave all my boxes on floor for the cats. Watching my large girl, Beana get into the smaller ones is better than any comedy on TV. If she can't get into it she proceeds to destroy it. The best is when Little Foot has already claimed a box and Bea tries to fit in there with him.

I got a PIFed box the other day... too small for Tuxie to get into, but damn, she tried. :D Best she could manage was her 2 front paws. Once she realized that was all that was going to fit, she ignored it completely -- it just didn't meet her standards. :giggle:

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I got a PIFed box the other day... too small for Tuxie to get into, but damn, she tried. :D Best she could manage was her 2 front paws. Once she realized that was all that was going to fit, she ignored it completely -- it just didn't meet her standards. :giggle:

Andria
At least you don't have to sweep up a mess!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
My Em thankfully just enjoys watching the show.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No to figure out if I want to use the raze rda ultem cap or another rda

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
When I go grocery shopping I usually grab at least one box I think my cat will like like the one in the background but apparently smaller is better lol..

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
RenderedContent-DF1DB1DA-B421-4B0A-9892-46D9C632A24A.JPG

Not really "vape mail" so much as "yeah, new schtuff!"

Stopped in a local B&M only just to ask if they had mesh wire or cotton loops......
Sadly, no.......but.....
Then Left Brain said "Why don't you get some of that Gold Rush you like."
Then she thought the skull drip tip was fun. Then I found they had a couple of items that I wouldn't have to wait on a junk from Cathay.
It's going to be interesting to see if I can deduce why they named a tobacco/whiskey flavored liquid "Cha Cha".

The guy at the counter was friendly enough and knowledgeable without being off-putting. I commended him on his upsell techniques and got out of there before I ended up with a new kit.

Saffire Vapors is a Nashville based company and my go-to for local liquid replenishments.
As expected with a B&M, a little pricey but friggin' awesome quality liquid.

I did tell him I would pimp one of their internet specials (also good in the stores if you're in TN or Western KY).

innokin smartbox kit $29.99
https://saffirevapor.com/smartbox.html
IMG_0696.JPG
Includes free battery and charger.

I only went in to ask a question.........doh

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Matty Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Something to vape while I figure out this DIY stuff...Not sure if I can afford the whole shabang this month :( On a positive note I haven't vaped my Loaded Glazed Donuts in months and I'm in vape heaven...SOO EFFIN GOOD! By far my favorite ejuice of all time..aaaand a little Naked 100 Sour Sweet to switch it up in case I get bored..hoping it's good stuff. fingers crossed.
Picture 265.jpg

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just ordered the Kennedy Limited Camo/Dragon Combo! The looks are killer and with the 25mm diameter size it should have great performance, too. I can't wait! :)

IMG_0969.JPG

Oh, and it comes with a lifetime warranty, too. :bliss:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors